Actions by Environmentalist Groups Can Have Deadly Results

DDT needs to come back. We've got several pests that where contained now becoming serious health issues. Bed bugs are back and spreading. Then there's the lice, they are resistant to all the current methods of eraticating.

I'm all for caring for our planet but we have to have common sense with how far we take it. I notice a major anti corporations movement is behind most of them. All while they carry their cell phones, wearing Levi's and a pair of Nike's. Hypocrites.

This writer could have produced an excellent article instead of just a good one if he had wanted to put a little more research into his efforts. I am sure many people could have told him stories about actions taken by environmentalists that have had very bad results.

In my own experience, the small town I was raised in was destroyed by a flood after three college kids filed suit in court to prevent needed dredging and widening of banks to the three creeks either running through or closely bordering the town. The college kids’ intentions were good, which was to protect the habitat of a species of fish that were in danger of becoming extinct, but the results were disastrous.

While this suit was still in the courts, Hurricane Camille came ashore, and the torrential rains that occurred as a result of Camille caused severe flash flooding which ruined most of our town’s homes and businesses. Several months thereafter, heavy equipment was brought in, and all the buildings were torn down. There is not a town in that location any longer, although it had existed for well over 100 years.

Forum List

Back