Acting Strong. What a crock of you know what.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, May 2, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    We acted strong in WWII. Actually, we did quite a lot there. But, we divided the world into East and West. My children and I spent years "ducking and covering" in ignorant anticipation of the "A" blast from who knows where. The aftermath of WWII goes on to this day. Think about the veterans.

We acted strong in Korea. We still operate under an armistice there and have no assurrance whatsoever that WAR is not still to this day at immediate hand. In fact, because North Korea is part of the lately popularized "Axis of Evil" the WAR might be even beginning as I type here in USMB. Service in Korea still qualifies one for membership in the VFW, Veterans of Foreign Wars. The aftermath of the Korean War goes on to this day. Think about the veterans.

We acted strong in Viet Nam. We intensified the resolve of the people there to rule their own country. Other than slimming the ranks of eligible male American workers, I can't think of a thing that we accomplished there. Having been and fought there, I resent that circumstanse. Think about the veterans.

We acted strong in Grenada. It exists as a leftist nation encouraged by popular and economically satisfying standards. But, we ran the Cubans out of there!!!!! I went there as well. It didn't turn out as promised. Think about the veterans.

We acted strong in Panama. Outside of arresting a lowlife thug that had the ability to climb to the office of the Presidency of that country and the American willingness to turning over of it's globally important ports to the Chinese I don't remember much about it. I did some of that. As proud as I am as an American, I'm not very proud of the result. Think about the veterans.

We acted strong in Persian Gulf I, Desert Storm, the original WAR ON IRAQ. We left a tyrant in power for the people of Iraq to undermine and topple. They and we failed in that endeavor. You can bet your ass they won't fail in this most recent insurgency to rid themselves of what they perceive as their attackers, occupiers or otherwise warmongers. I served in Desert Storm. I found the general populace of Iraq as astoundingly peace-loving. They were mostly Muslims for sure. They were also very anti-interference in their own political, economic and daily lives. I am proud that I saw that truth in Iraq. The veterans there were forgotten as soon as they came home.

"Act Strong". I just heard that phrase from a very Republican apologist on MSNBC. He is so full of shit.

Psychoblues

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I can only imagine what the world would be like if we had NOT acted strong. Maybe you relish the idea of living on your knees but I do not. As for thinking about the veterans; it absolutely galls me that you think veterans need protecting from themselves. Especially in today's military the soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines are there because they want to be. They didn't consult you when they joined, don't ask for your view while they are in and I am betting they sure as hell wont ask you for an opinion when they get out.

Those same Muslims you mention had little to say about peace when hundreds of thousands of their own were being killed by their own leader, didn't make a peep when entire towns of Kurds were being gassed. That is not "peace-loving", that is apathetic at best and condoning at worst.

The Republican on TV may be full of shit, but he sure as hell isnt the only one.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Psycho - are you ever going to grow up and stop being a big Pussy?

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    Funny thing is your examples are all examples of us NOT acting strong.

We acted strong in WW2, till we were tired and then we appeals the Soviets rather than dealing with them as we should have. It wasnt till we started showing strength 40 years later that we Toppled the Soviet Oppression.

We didn't show strength in Korea. We pulled back and tried to appeal the North Koreans and Chinese. We still are appeasing the North Koreans.

We didnt show strength in Vietnam. We ran away. When the North Vietnamese violated the peace treaty, overran South Vietnam, instead of defending them like we promised we were lead by politicians who would rather abandon our allies then show our strength. Because of our lack of willingness to show our strength, millions of people were slaughtered in South east Asia to the communists.

As for Granada, we did show our strength. And its better off that Cuba doesn't have interest there. What exactly is bad about that? It was the first of many nations liberated from the soviet influence in the 80s. Its not the effect alone in Granada, but the shere fact that we were actually willing to stand up for our foreign policy doctrines and willing to show the Soviets that we werent afraid to fight. We flexed our strength and they blinked.

How the heck is handing over Panama to the Chinese a exercise of strength to you? You seem to think that gestures are force are us using force. We haven't used half our strength since we fully mobilized in World War II. and unfortunately that was just till we got tired of maintaining it.

Do you honestly think we are acting strong by refusing to eliminate Saddam as a threat in the region?

No the problem isnt that we have been acting strong. Its the fact that every time we need to deal with a problem people like you bitch and moan that we are so evil for using force that we have restrain ourselves, making problems we could easily deal with by actually using our strength alot worse than they have to be.

Think of the veterans? Its people like you and the golddigger John Kerry, who i heard served in Vietnam, who are always trashing our military, always undermining our efforts and preventing us from actually accomplishing something. Its people like you who stab your fellow soldiers in the back and spit in their faces that cause the problems.

When we start actually using our strength, then you might have reason to complain. But dont start *itching about our military efforts failing when you actively try to undermine them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    The military can win and lose battles but they can't win and lose wars.

Battles are, militarily speaking, ends in themselves, they are part of the larger war. Military superiority in both strategy, tactics and logistics will win a battle or lose a battle.

Winning and losing wars is the province of the civilian bosses of the military. And that goes for all nations.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Quite right. We should all be snivelling little coward afraid of our own shadows.

Kinda' like YOU. :finger:

7. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You missed a couple or three of the points I made, CSM. You justify your ignorance, in your twisted mind, by just attacking me personally.

First off, the USA IS STRONG. We are stronger than any Army, any Nation, any political understanding or endeavor that has ever been attempted in the history of the WORLD, at least in my honest opinion.

Secondly, we undermine and even shame our Veterans as we deny them the promises that WE made for them. Check out all the legislation that has passed under Republican administrations that directly affect Veterans since 1968. Pay particular attention to legislation since 2001. I don't find it as any mystery as to why our recruiting goals are not being met and that stop-gap legislation is now required in the ranks.

Thirdly, the very GOOD NATURE of the American people is being usurped by the peoples and orgnaizations that stand to profit the most. You read the news and so do I. I can only draw this conclusion. The profitteers of WAR now control us and will do so for generations to come.

Psychoblues

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Maybe bush is a war profiteer. If your insane party would get off this naive and suicidal "war is never the answer" crap, maybe you could be trusted in office again. Just a thought.

9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Man, Psycho is the right name for you. Your original post in this thread was denigrating the US stance and "acting strong. When I call you on it, you wander into the weeds about Veterans Affairs, the evils of the military industrial complex, and recruiting. You cannot seem to maintain coherent thought.

By the way, the day I "justify" myself to you or any other wacko is never going to come....get over it.

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,732
    The stinch may be coming from you sir, not the T.V.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1