Act of War - Iran grabs 3 more US hostages

what about the hostages in south america? bush didnt do shit about them....nor will obama...they did cross into iran...do you think that when we arrest illegals...that country should attack us?
What a fuckin' joke. We don't arrest illegals. We have millions of them inside our border and we do absolutely nothing to enforce the laws that are already on the books. I don't really feel sorry for these three kids though. They were warned by the Iraq border guards that they were crossing into Iran territory, and ignored their warnings. Just 3 dumb assed kids who should have been hiking in the United States instead of Iraq and Iran. Dumbasses.

Exactly ... journalist or not, with everything going on in that area including 2 wars and most everyone there hating westerners why the fuck would you be hiking there? The dumb asses are where they belong.

So do you think the US committed acts of war against Australia, Britain, China, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, Kuwait, Bahrain, Turkey, etc, etc?

We held all of these countries nationals, in some cases for years, without providing them with any trial. In many cases we didn't even have territorial jurisdiction over them.

You mean they were legally inside a foreign country, killing that nation's citizens, terrorising others, then fought in a non-legal means out of uniform hiding amongst civilians, attacked the US soldiers there, but that was all perfectly legit?

Great - it's an act of war. How many ground troops should we send in? Oh wait, our military is stretched too thin as it is and we're about to double our forces in Afghanistan.

Exactly who should go to war against Iran?

You must have missed the article i posted in the other thread, where the general explained that the Air Force and Navy are hardly deployed in iraq, and are most unused assets at this time...

What a tosser, they stumbled over the border oh yeah that happens all the time. These so called hostages are probally US military or intel or spies in Iran illegally so the Iranian Government has every right to hold them just as any nation would if the same happened to them including the US.

And again stupid, what about US troops in Iraq illegally waging an illegal war. Talk about double standards.

What a tosser, they stumbled over the border oh yeah that happens all the time. These so called hostages are probally US military or intel or spies in Iran illegally so the Iranian Government has every right to hold them just as any nation would if the same happened to them including the US.

And again stupid, what about US troops in Iraq illegally waging an illegal war. Talk about double standards.
oh man
not this bullshit about an "illegal war" again
just what the fuck is illegal about it and what makes a war "legal"

Had you ever been to this area, it is mountainous with no markings - that is why they made the mistake. Even using a GPS unit is not always perfect, as there are areas between iraq and iran that are in dispute.

But then again, you're such a smart person, and you knew all that, right sweetie?

So do you think the US committed acts of war against Australia, Britain, China, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, Kuwait, Bahrain, Turkey, etc, etc?

We held all of these countries nationals, in some cases for years, without providing them with any trial. In many cases we didn't even have territorial jurisdiction over them.

You mean they were legally inside a foreign country, killing that nation's citizens, terrorising others, then fought in a non-legal means out of uniform hiding amongst civilians, attacked the US soldiers there, but that was all perfectly legit?

Really? They were doing all of those things?

Funny, they never got convicted of doing any of those things.

Oh right....if the government says they are troublemakers, well we should just take them at their word for it right? And amazingly enough the Iranian government is saying these individuals are troublemakers.

Oh right....if the government says they are troublemakers, well we should just take them at their word for it right? And amazingly enough the Iranian government is saying these individuals are troublemakers.

You do know that according to the laws of war, the soldiers who caught them in afghanistan could have summarily executed them, right?

Geneva convention protections do not apply to combatants out of uniform...

You do know that according to the laws of war, the soldiers who caught them in afghanistan could have summarily executed them, right?

Geneva convention protections do not apply to combatants out of uniform...

Ah yes, and you know they were combatants....how exactly?

Wonderful idea. Lets start assassinating foreign nationals on foreign lands. Because thats not an act of war, but Iran capturing US nationals on its own territory somehow is?

Brilliant logic. Feel free to justify capturing foreign nationals and holding them all you like. But doing so means that we have little to say about Iran holding our nationals. Hell, they could waterboard them, hold them in stress positions, etc, etc, and we couldnt say shit since none of that is torture, right?

Perhaps when the US/allied soldiers attacked them, they were holding ak-47s? Were you there to disagree with the CO on the scene?

Wonderful idea. Lets start assassinating foreign nationals on foreign lands. Because thats not an act of war, but Iran capturing US nationals on its own territory somehow is?

During WW2, several Wehrmacht units in France dressed as GIs and attacked US troops successfully. After they were caught, they were executed on the spot, which was perfectly legal then, as it is now. The Laws of War are quite specific, I'd recommend you become much more acquainted with them...

Feel free to justify capturing foreign nationals and holding them all you like. But doing so means that we have little to say about Iran holding our nationals. Hell, they could waterboard them, hold them in stress positions, etc, etc, and we couldnt say shit since none of that is torture, right?

Uhhh, US troops are trained how to deal with being tortured, and they were in every war the US has fought.

And if an Aussie, Brit, franco, or anyone else is going to stand with a rifle and aim it at my fellow americans - including another american - then they are fair game to be killed. Don't like it, don't join the army, kid.

Perhaps when the US/allied soldiers attacked them, they were holding ak-47s? Were you there to disagree with the CO on the scene?

Really? The CO on the scene said that about all of those individuals?

Care to provide proof of that?

During WW2, several Wehrmacht units in France dressed as GIs and attacked US troops successfully. After they were caught, they were executed on the spot, which was perfectly legal then, as it is now. The Laws of War are quite specific, I'd recommend you become much more acquainted with them...

We were at war with Germany. Are we at war with the British? The Australians? How about the Swedes?

Feel free to justify capturing foreign nationals and holding them all you like. But doing so means that we have little to say about Iran holding our nationals. Hell, they could waterboard them, hold them in stress positions, etc, etc, and we couldnt say shit since none of that is torture, right?

Uhhh, US troops are trained how to deal with being tortured, and they were in every war the US has fought.

Oh, well, that makes it A OK then. Glad to know that you find it acceptable to torture US soldiers.

And if an Aussie, Brit, franco, or anyone else is going to stand with a rifle and aim it at my fellow americans - including another american - then they are fair game to be killed. Don't like it, don't join the army, kid.

Please provide the proof, or evidence, that the folks we captured were aiming rifles at Americans.

Actually, I'll provide the proof that you are outright lying.

According to the Pentagon, 95% of them[Gitmo Detainees] were not captured by the Americans themselves

Some 86% were handed over in Afghanistan and Pakistan after a widespread campaign in which big financial bounties were offered in exchange for anyone suspected of links to al-Qaeda and the Taleban.

Hmm. Funny that. Now, what were you saying about the American CO saying all these folks had a gun pointed at Americans, hmmm?

BBC NEWS | Middle East | No surprises in the war on terror

Right now, there are already 5 known US hostages being held by iran, and another 3 were kidnapped last week. These 3 merely stumbled across the border...

How does one "merely stumble across the border" into Iran?

On a day-to-day basis, I have less than a 2% chance of stumbling across the border into Iran or any other non-friendly foreign nation.

I wonder why others have such difficulty staying out of non-friendly foreign nations?

Right now, there are already 5 known US hostages being held by iran, and another 3 were kidnapped last week. These 3 merely stumbled across the border...

How does one "merely stumble across the border" into Iran?

On a day-to-day basis, I have less than a 2% chance of stumbling across the border into Iran or any other non-friendly foreign nation.

I wonder why others have such difficulty staying out of non-friendly foreign nations?

To be fair, its actually not that hard to stumble across the border in some of these places. Its not as if there is a border fence or something, and the land in one country looks the same as the land in another country. They shouldn't be held for such a trivial offense, the problem is that as Americans considering our actions over the past 6 years, there really isn't much we can say about it.

this is no reason to "go to war"
but it sure will be telling how the Obama administration responds to it

Not really. The Obama administration already responded to a similar situation. And hey, those two journalists just flew home. Except it was somehow an abject failure because....well North Korean won! They got a visit from an ex president and we got 2 live Americans. What a terrible, terrible deal we made.

Not really. The Obama administration already responded to a similar situation. And hey, those two journalists just flew home. Except it was somehow an abject failure because....well North Korean won! They got a visit from an ex president and we got 2 live Americans. What a terrible, terrible deal we made.
they gave N Korea what they wanted
looks like Iran is looking for the same thing
which is why i said it will be interesting to see how it is handled

What?

What North Korea really wants is....a visit from Clinton? I mean he is a charming guy and all, but that doesn't really strike me as a coup for North Korea.

What?

What North Korea really wants is....a visit from Clinton? I mean he is a charming guy and all, but that doesn't really strike me as a coup for North Korea.
thats because you are too fucking stupid

i should have known better than to attempt anything serious with you

now go fuck off asshole

Forum List

Back