Act of Terror - 9/13/2012

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Let me say at the outset that obviously our hearts are heavy this week -- we had a tough day a couple of days ago, for four Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Libya. Yesterday I had a chance to go over to the State Department to talk to friends and colleagues of those who were killed. And these were Americans who, like so many others, both in uniform and civilians, who serve in difficult and dangerous places all around the world to advance the interests and the values that we hold dear as Americans.

And a lot of times their work goes unheralded, doesn’t get a lot of attention, but it is vitally important. We enjoy our security and our liberty because of the sacrifices that they make. And they do an outstanding job every single day without a lot of fanfare. (Applause.)

So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. (Applause.) I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America. (Applause.)

And I’ve directed my administration to do whatever is necessary to protect all Americans who are serving abroad. It’s one of my highest priorities as President. And we’re also in contact with other governments to underscore that they’ve got an obligation to cooperate with us to protect our citizens. That’s part of their job.

Remarks by the President in Golden, CO | The White House

Forum List

Back