"Act Like a Man"

The more exciting sexual encounters/ experiences you have with men or women, the more you will be attracted to that particular gender. If you have terrible sexual encounters/ experiences with either gender, the less you will be attracted to that partcular gender. So yes, we can alter our sexual preference/ attraction through our choices/ experiences.

Thus sayeth Ashtara

With respect,
Ashtara sayeth incorrectly. Preferences may be influenced by experience, however, Orientation cannot.
The two are very different.

With respect for your intention, Delta4Embassy,
Homosexuality does not need to be justified. The implication in saying it does is that there is something wrong with being gay. There isn't.

We might as well have endless discussions trying to justify left-handedness as far as I'm concerned.

Like homosexuality, primitive people in various cultures once thought it was taboo simply because it was different, they were stupid, and other people agreed it was shameful. Rather than providing a rational argument for WHY it is wrong, they simply accepted that it was. People who are evolved want to know the whys of things, though, and so ask questions such as "Is one person harming another?", "Is there coercion or exploitation involved?" or "Is one person putting the other in danger?" If the answers are "NO", then the issue in question is simply an arbitrary cultural more rather than the stuff of actual morality.

How we define our sexual orientation isn't binding and unchangeable. A heterosexual prisoner can instantly choose to have sex with their own sex while incarcerated 'making due.' That fluidity is a big part of why I don't believe in the various orientations in the first place. They're simply words we invented. They're not binding, unchangeable, or fixed.
The notion that a heterosexual prisoner is capable of choosing to expediently alter his/her sexual preference is mistaken.

Homosexuality does not need to be justified. The implication in saying it does is that there is something wrong with being gay. There isn't.

We might as well have endless discussions trying to justify left-handedness as far as I'm concerned.

Like homosexuality, primitive people in various cultures once thought it was taboo simply because it was different, they were stupid, and other people agreed it was shameful. Rather than providing a rational argument for WHY it is wrong, they simply accepted that it was. People who are evolved want to know the whys of things, though, and so ask questions such as "Is one person harming another?", "Is there coercion or exploitation involved?" or "Is one person putting the other in danger?" If the answers are "NO", then the issue in question is simply an arbitrary cultural more rather than the stuff of actual morality.
Well stated.
One must remember, however, that left-handedness was also vilified at one time.

Well stated.

I used to be certain I was right handed. Then I got inspired by Da Vinci to become left handed, and so I learned to write and draw left handed. I can even write backwards and do sports left handed now.

I successfully became ambidextrous through choice.

I used to be certain that I was heterosexual, as I had never felt any attraction to the same sex. Then I got inspired by Lilith to explore homosexuality, and so I learned to enjoy sex with women. I learned to enjoy it A LOT.

I successfully became bisexual through choice.

Well stated.

I used to be certain I was right handed. Then I got inspired by Da Vinci to become left handed, and so I learned to write and draw left handed. I can even write backwards and do sports left handed now.

I used to be certain that I was heterosexual, as I had never felt any attraction to the same sex. Then I got inspired by Lilith to explore homosexuality, and so I learned to enjoy sex with women. I learned to enjoy it A LOT.

No you didn't.
You were always bisexual and finally, you were presented with the opportunity to explore and discover your true orientation. The only choice you made was to strip away the walls to your true self.
I grew up at a time when being homosexual wasn't an option if you didn't want to be ostracized and beaten by the whole of family and society. I was always attracted to other males - much too young for physical experience to have played any influence whatsoever.
As a teen, I tried to do what was expected of me. From the get get-go, it felt wrong and alien. In fact, it felt entirely unnatural; almost disgusting to me.
I am gay. I have been gay since the day I was born.
I CHOSE to be heterosexual. That attempt was an abject failure. I wasn't then and am not now - I'm not biologically wired that way.
YOU, for your own reasons (either ignorance, self-importance, the arrogance of youthful certainty, or whatever leads you to believe you know better than those who have spent more than half a century of life earning the first hand knowledge and wisdom of self and truth - even against our many early years of willful and forced denial), are attempting to impose your own ideal.
Bottom line:
You are defining others by your own, comfortable, self-centered and tunnel-visioned conclusions; by those embryonic understandings that fit your adopted self-image. You have much learning to accomplish yet, grasshopper.
Pardon me ( or not. Don't care), but I Know, from what you've posted of your "philosophy" of this topic, that you have no understanding of the Goddess whose name you purloined.
Astara, Ashtara, Shechina: the female aspect of the whole that is known as G-d.
You are no Goddess. I know the Goddess. You are not She.

Well stated.

No you didn't.
You were always bisexual and finally, you were presented with the opportunity to explore and discover your true orientation. The only choice you made was to strip away the walls to your true self.
I grew up at a time when being homosexual wasn't an option if you didn't want to be ostracized and beaten by the whole of family and society. I was always attracted to other males - much too young for physical experience to have played any influence whatsoever.
As a teen, I tried to do what was expected of me. From the get get-go, it felt wrong and alien. In fact, it felt entirely unnatural; almost disgusting to me.
I CHOSE to be heterosexual. That attempt was an abject failure. I wasn't then and am not now - I'm not biologically wired that way.
YOU, for your own reasons (either ignorance, self-importance, the arrogance of youthful certainty, or whatever leads you to believe you know better than those who have spent more than half a century of life earning the first hand knowledge and wisdom of self and truth - even against our many early years of willful and forced denial), are attempting to impose your own ideal.
Bottom line:
You are defining others by your own, comfortable, self-centered and tunnel-visioned conclusions; by those embryonic understandings that fit your adopted self-image. You have much learning to accomplish yet, grasshopper.
Pardon me ( or not. Don't care), but I Know, from what you've posted of your "philosophy" of this topic, that you have no understanding of the Goddess whose name you purloined.

When I came up with the name "Ashtara", I combined the names Athena and Ishtar into one name.

That is where I "got it from". To pay homage to my patron Goddess.

The only Goddesses I care to bring into my life are Lilith/ Ereshkigal and Athena/ Ishtar/ Astaroth. All other Goddesses are, at this time, irrelevant to me. Except for Tiamat, perhaps...

My Pantheon, my spirituality, my religion, my Will, my Weltanshauung.​

Well stated.

No you didn't.
Bottom line:

When I came up with the name "Ashtara", I combined the names Athena and Ishtar into one name.

That is where I "got it from". To pay homage to my patron Goddess.

The only Goddesses I care to bring into my life are Lilith/ Ereshkigal and Athena/ Ishtar/ Astaroth. All other Goddesses are, at this time, irrelevant to me. Except for Tiamat, perhaps...

My Pantheon, my spirituality, my religion, my Will, my Weltanshauung.​
As I'm sure you know, several of those named by you are the same entity/aspect.
I offer my love, but retract nothing of what I wrote to you.
Open and learn, child.
Blessed Be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back