ACORN Vegas Office Raided

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation

Nevada authorities have raided the Las Vegas office of the community-organizing group ACORN seeking evidence of voter fraud.

Investigators seized records and computers from ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. The office was unstaffed at the time.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said, according to the Associated Press. He said others used false names or information, or had duplicated information on multiple forms.

Here's the news release from Miller's office.

More

Surprise

NOT

Last edited:
Being that Obama has extensive connections to this group. If there is voter fraud found and ACORN is behind it, then Obama supporters just flat out don't care about this country. That is a fact! This proves that they will do anything to get into power... and that's what it's about... It's not about what's right for the country it's all about power... Like I said, that is if there is voter fraud found.

I hear that they submitted 90k voter apps and the registrar denied all of them.

What a piece of shit orginzation really.

I am glad Obama looks to them like family

This is a movement. Nothing less.

If you think black on black voilence is bad now. Wait till they realize that they've been screwed - again.

Trickle up economics, my ass. Try pissing uphill and let me know how that works out for ya.

Hey, if they were knowingly submitting voter registrations that were fraudulent, I'm happy to hear they're getting shut down.

I'll wait for the evidence to manifest before I bother to comment though.

I've noticed that the media likes to splash dramatic headlines and then doesn't follow up to correct their mistakes when it turns out that their headlines were wrong, know what I mean?

You're right Editec.. I mean it's not like this is the first time they have been accused of voter fraud.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt...I am sure they were all McCain tickets they were mocking up anyway

/facepalm

Hey, if they were knowingly submitting voter registrations that were fraudulent, I'm happy to hear they're getting shut down.

I'll wait for the evidence to manifest before I bother to comment though.

I've noticed that the media likes to splash dramatic headlines and then doesn't follow up to correct their mistakes when it turns out that their headlines were wrong, know what I mean?

Yes, I do know what you mean. If Fox jaded that story in any way, they'll get a scathing email from me. On the other hand, if it's true, it's important.

Just think, we, the American tax payer are funding this group.. :clap2:

Same old stuff guys.

Paid worker fudging voter regs.

Not one false vote would have come out of this one and you know it.

These people are in for alot of trouble.

Acorn did nothing wrong but these employees did. Now they are fired and will be prosicuted.

If you hire an employee and they break your rules and commit a crime do you go to jail?

No they hire people and require them to bring in 20 regs a day.

Out of the hunderds of thousands of new voters they registar some employees cheat to get their money.

They get caught and not one has ever resulted in a false vote.

Do you not want all those legal voters they registared to vote?

Do you see the hundereds of thousands of new voters they have brought into the system as not a good thing?

If you hire an employee and they break your rules and commit a crime do you go to jail?

The key word there is employee's, they ARE Acorn and if they were following the rules then, the answer to the second part of your question is obvious.

ACORN: Article[tt_news]=22322&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12346&cHash=be4f27be35

Acorn has never been indicted for voter fraud you fools.

They have done nothing wrong.

The key word there is employee's, they ARE Acorn and if they were following the rules then, the answer to the second part of your question is obvious.

So if you hire a temp worker and they steal your money you have commited a crime?

Who is ACORN?

ACORN is the nation’s largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people with over 400,000 member families organized into more than 1,200 neighborhood chapters in 110 cities across the country. Since 1970, ACORN has been building community organizations that are committed to social and economic justice, and won victories on thousands of issues of concern to our members, through direct action, negotiation, legislative advocacy and voter participation. ACORN helps those who have historically been locked out become powerful players in our democratic system.

Community organizing: Each of the 1,200 local ACORN neighborhood chapters in 110 cities and 40 states brings neighbors together to work for stronger, safer and more just communities.

Issue campaigns: Each ACORN office carries out multiple issue campaigns. ACORN members across the country work to raise the minimum wage or enact living wage policies; eliminate predatory financial practices by mortgage lenders, payday lenders, and tax preparation companies; win the development of affordable housing and community benefits agreements; improve the quality of and funding for urban public schools; rebuild New Orleans; and pass a federal and state ACORN Working Families Agenda, including paid sick leave for all full time workers.

A recent study shows that our issue campaign victories have delivered approximately $15 billion in direct monetary benefits to our membership and constituency over the past 10 years.

Service delivery: ACORN and its allied organizations provide extensive services to our members and constituency. These include free tax preparation focusing on the Earned Income Tax Credit; screening for eligibility for federal and state benefit programs; and, through the ACORN Housing Corporation, first time homeowner mortgage counseling and foreclosure prevention assistance, and low income housing development.

Ballot initiatives: ACORN-backed ballot-initiative campaigns in 2006 helped raise the minimum wage in Ohio, Arizona, Missouri and Colorado, working with community-faith-labor coalitions on successful campaigns in each state.

Voter participation: Since 2004, ACORN has helped more than 1.7 million low- and moderate-income and minority citizens apply to register to vote.

ACORN is a non-profit, non-partisan social justice organization with national headquarters in New York, New Orleans and Washington, D.C. To maintain independence, ACORN does not accept government funding and is not tax exempt.

Forum List

Back