Acorn to get 4 BILLION from Stimulus package

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
ACORN Could Get Billions from Democrats' Trillion Dollar Spending Plan | Republican Leader John Boehner

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). ACORN has been accused of perpetrating voter registration fraud numerous times in the last several elections; is reportedly under federal investigation; and played a key role in the irresponsible schemes that caused a financial meltdown that has cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars since last fall.

House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republicans are asking a simple question: what does this have to do with job creation? Are Congressional Democrats really going to borrow money from our children and grandchildren to give handouts to ACORN in the name of economic “stimulus?”

Incredibly, the Democrats’ bill makes groups like ACORN eligible for a $4.19 billion pot of money for “neighborhood stabilization activities.” Funds for this purpose were authorized in the Housing and Economic Recovery Act, signed into law in 2008. However, these funds were limited to state and local governments. Now House Democrats are taking the unprecedented step of making ACORN and other groups eligible for these funds:

click link for the rest

Change we can all believe in.

Here is hoping that every single Rebupblican has the sense to vote no. If this passes the Democrats should own it exclusively.

well being that the left already tried to put Acorn exclusively in past packages like the inital bailout...why wouldn't Acorn get first dibs since they have this love affair with the left

well being that the left already tried to put Acorn exclusively in past packages like the inital bailout...why wouldn't Acorn get first dibs since they have this love affair with the left

so we'll just make it up without knowing the facts?
Why change now? It seems to work out well for them to just make thinigs up. :rofl:

Republicans have been accused of perpetrating voter registration fraud numerous times in the last several elections; are reportedly under federal investigation; and played a key role in the irresponsible schemes that caused a financial meltdown that has cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars since last fall.

its called common sense....when you come back to a little place called Earth let me know and we can have a discussion

More wasted taxpayer money... lost in bureaucracy....

And if you ask my opinion (which the libbies don't want to hear anyway... but tough shit)... looks like ACORN is getting a little personal payback for their efforts... who says crime doesn't pay?

so we'll just make it up without knowing the facts?
Why change now? It seems to work out well for them to just make thinigs up. :rofl:

Republicans have been accused of perpetrating voter registration fraud numerous times in the last several elections; are reportedly under federal investigation; and played a key role in the irresponsible schemes that caused a financial meltdown that has cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars since last fall.

and this would be different from the dems how?

ACORN Could Get Billions from Democrats' Trillion Dollar Spending Plan | Republican Leader John Boehner

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). ACORN has been accused of perpetrating voter registration fraud numerous times in the last several elections; is reportedly under federal investigation; and played a key role in the irresponsible schemes that caused a financial meltdown that has cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars since last fall.

House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republicans are asking a simple question: what does this have to do with job creation? Are Congressional Democrats really going to borrow money from our children and grandchildren to give handouts to ACORN in the name of economic “stimulus?”

Incredibly, the Democrats’ bill makes groups like ACORN eligible for a $4.19 billion pot of money for “neighborhood stabilization activities.” Funds for this purpose were authorized in the Housing and Economic Recovery Act, signed into law in 2008. However, these funds were limited to state and local governments. Now House Democrats are taking the unprecedented step of making ACORN and other groups eligible for these funds:

click link for the rest

Your link is from

republicanleader.house.gov.

:lol:

Do you ever read independent, credible media? Or do you go to republican leader's political websites for "news".

More wasted taxpayer money... lost in bureaucracy....

And if you ask my opinion (which the libbies don't want to hear anyway... but tough shit)... looks like ACORN is getting a little personal payback for their efforts... who says crime doesn't pay?

I can see Obama playing to his strength but if it is true, it sure looks like a payoff.

click link for the rest

Your link is from

republicanleader.house.gov.

:lol:

Do you ever read independent, credible media? Or do you go to republican leader's political websites for "news".

Ahh, but if it was Reid or Pelosi's website it would be credible right dipshit?

The link has the literature of the subject

For a further additional amount for ‘Community Development Fund,’ $4,190,000,000, to be used for neighborhood stabilization activities related to emergency assistance for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes as authorized under division B, title III of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (Public Law 110–289), of which—

“(1) not less than $3,440,000,000 shall be allocated by a competition for which eligible entities shall be States, units of general local government, and nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities[.]”

“(2) up to $750,000,000 shall be awarded by competition to nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities to provide community stabilization assistance […]”

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).

Then too, it COULD not.

FYI, I just posted a rather detailed account of the proposal...ACORN is not mentioned.

We surely must keep ACORN in business. after all we need someone to intimidate banks and register dead people don't we? Why sure we do.

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).

Then too, it COULD not.

FYI, I just posted a rather detailed account of the proposal...ACORN is not mentioned.

then too, it could and probably will.

FYI, i wouldn't call a list of bullet points culled from a 600+ page document particularly detailed.

i found it interesting that everything that was listed in your distillation had a dollar amount associated with it, except for the famous tax cut for 95% of americans.

funny, huh?

your right lefties

I am sure Acorn won't get a cent from it

I mean WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING

your right lefties

I am sure Acorn won't get a cent from it

I mean WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING

You didn't say "a cent". You said "billions" without noting that the article said "groups LIKE ACORN".

Will ACORN get money? I don't know. Depends what the money's for. I think a lot of things that don't directly create jobs are going to come out of the budget.

Giving money to ACORN is similar in form to giving Halliburton no bid contracts.

OK... accepting that for the purposes of this discussion, how many of those did Haliburton get over eight years? And how many times when the same people who lose their minds over ACORN (for no reason, btw) complained about actual corruption that lined the VP's "blind trust"? :eusa_whistle:

Giving money to ACORN is similar in form to giving Halliburton no bid contracts.

OK... accepting that for the purposes of this discussion, how many of those did Haliburton get over eight years? And how many times when the same people who lose their minds over ACORN (for no reason, btw) complained about actual corruption that lined the VP's "blind trust"? :eusa_whistle:

no clue-- I wasn't planning on equating the two on frequency or amount. Just an idle observation that arose from cabin fever. Y'all can duke it out over the specifics. :lol:

Forum List

Back