ACORN morphing into new things

ACORN’s Attorneys Stole $450,000 From Missouri Taxpayers
by Josie Wales
In July 2005, the United States Justice Department began investigating Missouri for non-compliance under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA). Justice was not investigating for failure to register voters; rather the problem was too many voters. About 1/3 of Missouri’s counties had registered voters that exceeded the number of eligible voters. One county’s ratio was upwards of 150%. Justice found that the Missouri Secretary of State (SoS) failed to conduct a general program that made reasonable efforts to clean the voter rolls, and filed a lawsuit.

ACORN’s Attorneys Stole $450,000 From Missouri Taxpayers - Big Government

Like a virus it is dissolving and will return with new shiny names but they same progressive bullshit

ACORN 'dissolved as a national structure'

The embattled liberal group ACORN is in the process of dissolving its national structure, with state and local-chapters splitting off from the underfunded, controversial national group, an official close to the group confirmed.

"ACORN has dissolved as a national structure of state organizations," said a senior official close to the group, who declined to be identified by name because of the fierce conservative attacks on the group that began when a conservative filmmaker caught some staffers of its tax advisory arms on tape appearing to offer advice on incorporating a prostitution business.

The videos proved a rallying point for conservatives who had long accused the group of fomenting voting fraud. Though the videos did not produce criminal charges, they appear to have been fatal to the national organization.

"Consistent with what the internal recommendations have been, each of the states are developing plans for reconstitution independence and self-sufficiency," said the official, citing ACORN's "diminished resources, damage to the brand, unprecedented attacks."

The new organizations, he said "will be constituted under new banners and new bylaws and new governance," he said, consistent with the recommendations of an outside panel.

ACORN 'dissolved as a national structure' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Much of the group's strength lay in its local chapters in places like New York, which appear to be continuing to operate as normal. New York's City Hall News reported today that the local group there had re-emerged under the name "New York Communities for Change."

UPDATE: A person familiar with the New York reorganization said the new group has a new board, including some relative outsiders, like an official at the union Workers United, Wilfredo Larancuent, as well as most of the old leadership.

Splitting up to hide the money trails and be more comfortable pushing their progressive ideas. Smart move actually! RUN RABBIT RUN! Too bad so many dogs have their scent already.

Sweet, so let me see if I have this straight:

1) Acorn is the root of all evil.

2) Acorn fixed the 2006 and 2008 elections, and that is clearly the only reason why Democrats won. This has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, based on the fact that some right-wing documentarian discovered that a few employees didn't care about prostitution...

and

3) Obama is actually an employee of ACORN. No, he is in fact the ONLY employee of ACORN, he just moves from place to place. The people in the O'Keefe videos? That was just Obama in disguise.

Do I have this right? Did I miss anything?

Did I mention that people who have an obsession with ACORN are fucking bat-shit crazy?

Last edited:

People so unpatriotic as not to vote should be shot?

Naah, they just do not get any govt benefits unless they vote.

Perhaps if everyone had to vote we would be forced to find more real solutions to problems?

you're a fascist

forcing someone to vote? give me a break. if i don't want either of the candidates, there is no way you're violating my fundamental voting rights by FORCING me to vote for someone i don't want to.

Dogs are smarter voters than most people.

And yet you want everyone to vote?

yep

So in your logic, dogs are smarter than most people and those are the people you want voting. Those are the ones that gave us Obama. Voters should be able to pass a simple civics test with questions like "name your state senators". We have to pass a test to drive yet with something as important as voting on who runs our country, there are protests when they try to have people show a current ID. We really need a smarter voter not ones voting on who promises the the biggest entitlement programs.

Forum List

Back