ACORN funding Cancelled

I'm amazed that there are some who will do and/or say anything to defend an organization that receives federal funds that is at least inefficient and obviously crooked on top of that.

It is suspicious that one defends such a waste of taxpayer money. It looks like ACORN really is partisan. Regulations are that partisan organizations do not receive any federal monies.
I'm not defending them. I'm suspicious of a right wing group making a heavily edited video to go after a group the Republicans hate more than terrorists.

What is wrong with seeing the unedited footage?

nothing. you will when it all goes to court,, unless the defense lawyer files a motion to prevent it.
Yes, they will have to release it then. Too bad Congress has jumped on the bandwagon of convicting without all the evidence being presented. But hardly surprising.

I'm not defending them. I'm suspicious of a right wing group making a heavily edited video to go after a group the Republicans hate more than terrorists.

nothing. you will when it all goes to court,, unless the defense lawyer files a motion to prevent it.
Yes, they will have to release it then. Too bad Congress has jumped on the bandwagon of convicting without all the evidence being presented. But hardly surprising.
The Legislative Branch does not 'convict'. You may want to get a primer on American Government.

I disagree that it is a shame that Congress stopped funding an organization who has yet to get a decent audit and who is obviously crooked (to me and to Congress and there is no presumption of innocence needed for Congress to stop giving them money).

Are you suggesting that Congress should continue supporting this organization during the years it takes to prosecute these criminals that have been caught red handed on tape?

That something like asking a victim to keep paying a robber with a gun pointed at them while the robber is being prosecuted or investigated by the justice system. Or forcing a wife to live with an abuser while we all take a look at the situation to insure we give that abuser every opportunity just to insure a standard of fairness is applied.

Who was convicted?

Stopping government funding to an organization shown conducting suspicious activities is hardly a "conviction"... More of a "lets suspend until we get the whole picture" approach...

Another Victory for common sense!!!!! Slowly we are bringing it back :)

Senate votes to deny funds to ACORN - Yahoo! News

:clap2: Good Job 111th congress, its about time you did ONE thing FOR the people instead of for yourselves :clap2:

I don't know what is with you PLYMCO_PILGRIM. The topic is OK, but what is not OK is that you keep opening new posts about topics that already exist. Did ever occurred to you that there is thread about very same topic opened just one hour before yours?

ACORN seeking millions more of our money - by PixieStix.

Yesterday I posted link about exactly the same thing HERE.

Also, this morning you opened new topic about Patrick Swayze, even there was thread about the same thing opened last night when it happen. Mods had to combine them.

I don't know about the others, but I don't like to write about the same thing at multiple places. Please people, before clicking on the button "new thread", could you at least have a courtesy to check if the same thread already exists?

Who was convicted?

Stopping government funding to an organization shown conducting suspicious activities is hardly a "conviction"... More of a "lets suspend until we get the whole picture" approach...
I think what they did was deny grants under next year's budget. Which is fine if they watched the unedited tapes, and from reading the congressional record they did not.

I merely want to know why they did not insist on seeing the unedited tapes before they decided to stop allowing ACORN to receive federal grants.

RAVI,

The girl used her own money to pay for all that video.

Its not the only video, they also got caught again in their NY branch, hence the appropriate cancelling of funding. Dont forget about the voter fraud scandals surrounding them in the 2008 elections, registering Mickey Mouse as a democrat and so on.

Pilgrim

Who was convicted?

I think what they did was deny grants under next year's budget. Which is fine if they watched the unedited tapes, and from reading the congressional record they did not.

I merely want to know why they did not insist on seeing the unedited tapes before they decided to stop allowing ACORN to receive federal grants.
Do you know if they did not insist, or if they did insist, or if they saw more of the tapes or not? Do you know if this incident was the only one they took into consideration? If not, then write your Senator and ask him what s/he saw. Then ask him/her why s/he voted to stop HUD funding to ACORN based on the evidence presented to him/her, unless yours voted no. Hell, write any of them and ask why when they saw employees instruct folks on how to cheat the government, they voted to stop giving them more money to steal.

Last edited:
RAVI,

Its not the only video, they also got caught again in their NY branch, hence the appropriate cancelling of funding. Dont forget about the voter fraud scandals surrounding them in the 2008 elections, registering Mickey Mouse as a democrat and so on.

Pilgrim
That doesn't answer my question.

Who was convicted?

Do you know if they did not insist, or if they did insist, or if they saw more of the tapes or not? Then write your Senator and ask him what s/he saw. Then ask him/her why s/he voted to stop HUD funding to ACORN based on the evidence presented to him/her, unless yours voted no. Hell, write any of them and ask why when they saw employees instruct folks on how to cheat the government, they voted to stop giving them more money to steal.
:lol: That's an interesting point all of its own. Telling someone how to report their earnings to the IRS isn't exactly "cheating" the government. You must pay taxes on income no matter how it is earned. I actually doubt the IRS would care if you claimed you were a prostitute on your 1040...all they want is the money.

Who was convicted?

Perhaps the fact that ACORN fired the people outright had some bearing...

They didn't suspend them until further notice or put them on unpaid leave... They fired their asses...

And, here's something else to ponder: If a Senator feels that their constituency does not like ACORN, they can vote no. If the idiots at ACORN remind a Senator of someone who bullied them as a second grader, they can vote no on funding. And, if a Senator feels that stopping HUD funding to ACORN is best for the country (one can only hope they feel that), they can vote no.

RAVI,

Pilgrim

What was your question?

Do you know if they did not insist, or if they did insist, or if they saw more of the tapes or not? Then write your Senator and ask him what s/he saw. Then ask him/her why s/he voted to stop HUD funding to ACORN based on the evidence presented to him/her, unless yours voted no. Hell, write any of them and ask why when they saw employees instruct folks on how to cheat the government, they voted to stop giving them more money to steal.
:lol: That's an interesting point all of its own. Telling someone how to report their earnings to the IRS isn't exactly "cheating" the government. You must pay taxes on income no matter how it is earned. I actually doubt the IRS would care if you claimed you were a prostitute on your 1040...all they want is the money.
Here are my questions again (the antecedent for 'they' are some unedited tapes that you suspect exist): Do you know if they did not insist, or if they did insist, or if they saw more of the tapes or not?

Last edited:
RAVI,

Pilgrim

How do we know the congress didn't have the full tapes? I know asking you a question isn't answering your question, but i feel your question may not be valid as we dont know if the senate had that access or not. Unless "we" do know but I don't know...if thats the case hit me up with a link/story and i'll read up then re-post.

RAVI,

Pilgrim

How do we know the congress didn't have the full tapes? I know asking you a question isn't answering your question, but i feel your question may not be valid as we dont know if the senate had that access or not. Unless "we" do know but I don't know...if thats the case hit me up with a link/story and i'll read up then re-post.
And, how do we know that this is the only incident that the Senate considered in voting no to additional funding from HUD?

Test it out, on your next return claim it and see what happens.

Funny, when I ask what it is about Acorn that terrifies Republicans, they can't answer. Someone wrote, "Child prostitution". As if that made any sense.

Is this just another Republican Boogey man? Like being scare of a shadow.

Forum List

Back