ACORN eligible for Federal FUNDS---AGAIN !

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
The Attorney General says, that ACORN CAN BE FUNDED............AGAIN !
Where is the outrage!

NY TIMES: Attorney General Says ACORN Can Be Funded by Federal Government – (Audacity of Hypocrisy) | barryfail.com

This certainly is another demonstration of a government OUT OF CONTROL.
We are led by IDIOTS and MADMEN.

When will this arrogant, self rightous BS stop and one question folks.

Who's Country is THIS?

It appears that these people in Washington D.C. think it is THEIRS personally, without any citizen involvement!

Everyday we wake up and see another unbelievable event with this administration.​

Last edited:
let me ask you a few questions there gatekeeper...how much funding does acorn receive from the federal government? in dollars how much money has acorn received in the last 5 years from the federal government? what percentage of federal spending is it? how does the funding of acorn rank in consideration of other programs funded?

so let me see...1994....that is 15 years....53 divided by 15 is....3.53 million a year....now what percentage of the federal budget is that....

its like your standing in a swamp full of gators bitching about the skeeter bites....

if you want to take the stealing out of the federal budget...then look at the corporate welfare and the farm subsidies going to archer midland

archer daniels my bad

The Archer Daniels Midland Corporation (ADM) has been the most prominent recipient of corporate welfare in recent U.S. history. ADM and its chairman Dwayne Andreas have lavishly fertilized both political parties with millions of dollars in handouts and in return have reaped billion-dollar windfalls from taxpayers and consumers. Thanks to federal protection of the domestic sugar industry, ethanol subsidies, subsidized grain exports, and various other programs, ADM has cost the American economy billions of dollars since 1980 and has indirectly cost Americans tens of billions of dollars in higher prices and higher taxes over that same period. At least 43 percent of ADM's annual profits are from products heavily subsidized or protected by the American government. Moreover, every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10, and every $1 of profits earned by its ethanol operation costs taxpayers $30

Archer Daniels Midland: A Case Study In Corporate Welfare

in 1980 alone....this company got about 700 million dollars.....but you keep on being distracted by acorn

People have a particular distaste for setting up brothels for the slave trade bones. It doesn't matter how much money it is. They need to be put out of business.

i cannot disagree with that statement but i still think its merely a distraction from the bigger picture. government spending could be curtailed by many methods but they will all cause some job loss...do we really need the huge layer of middle men that have created themselves a nice little corner of the market for doing what? many states have cut budgets simply by ending programs that have become outdated. the yearly roll over funding that is done, based on how much you received and got rid of the year before is not a good way to run a business. if you want to see abuse of government funding look at halitburton...if you want to discuss brothels etc....look at the no rape policy that was voted on...if you truly want to look at the blackness of our government you need to look at more than acorn...on the total radar...acorn is not even a blimp

archer daniels my bad

The Archer Daniels Midland Corporation (ADM) has been the most prominent recipient of corporate welfare in recent U.S. history. ADM and its chairman Dwayne Andreas have lavishly fertilized both political parties with millions of dollars in handouts and in return have reaped billion-dollar windfalls from taxpayers and consumers. Thanks to federal protection of the domestic sugar industry, ethanol subsidies, subsidized grain exports, and various other programs, ADM has cost the American economy billions of dollars since 1980 and has indirectly cost Americans tens of billions of dollars in higher prices and higher taxes over that same period. At least 43 percent of ADM's annual profits are from products heavily subsidized or protected by the American government. Moreover, every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10, and every $1 of profits earned by its ethanol operation costs taxpayers $30

in 1980 alone....this company got about 700 million dollars.....but you keep on being distracted by acorn

I don't disagree with ya, bones, but two wrongs don't equal a right.

The problem with ACORN is that, rather than corporate - which while not right - can be argued to support the economy.... ACORN is an umbrella for a variety of smaller groups (thousands of them) and are 'commmunity programs'. Now, I am not unsupportive of community programs however ACORN was corrupt from the get go. And what really offends me is that the people who suffer most from this corruption is not the taxpayer - it is the very people that ACORN is remitted to help. The low income, vulnerable in our society. Anyone - no matter what their politics - should be angry about the likes of ACORN and the SEIU using the very people they are supposed to be helping for political gain.

Google the ACORN 8 - and ask yourself.... WTF????

Yes I agree. But how sad that it took two kids with a camera to expose them. Maybe if the real journalists starting doing their job instead of bitching about "Faux News" doing theirs, some of these bigger scams will come to light. Jesus H Christ - it took the Rolling Stone to expose the Goldman Sachs connections,

o lets not think that fox or cnn are any better than the other....this countrys media is so censored...you dont have a chance of discovering the truth...and face it..an indepth story on national news is what...1.5 minutes of air time

Yes - but it has cost Acorn SOME funding. They won't be doing the Census which is huge. So even if they chip away a little at a time, maybe some kid can get free cancer treatment or something. You know what they say - a million here, a million there, pretty soon you are talking about a lot of money.

o lets not think that fox or cnn are any better than the other....this countrys media is so censored...you dont have a chance of discovering the truth...and face it..an indepth story on national news is what...1.5 minutes of air time

That's true. It comes to something when the closest thing we have to investigative journalism is Glenn Beck.

let me ask you a few questions there gatekeeper...how much funding does acorn receive from the federal government? in dollars how much money has acorn received in the last 5 years from the federal government? what percentage of federal spending is it? how does the funding of acorn rank in consideration of other programs funded?

Just my opinions:

This pertains to funding before their practices were brought to light and they stand to get all the monies denied them, they should not receive one penny.

They have received 50 million since 1994, and House Minority Leader John Boehner released information showing ACORN has received at least $31 million in federal funding since 1998, a drop in the bucket in comparison to the federal budget, BUT, that is not the issue, the issue is they have used fraud and deception to promote their existence at the taxpayers expense. I am not going into ACORN'S sleezy practices, we all have seen the videos and the stories.

31 Million since 1998:
Townhall.com Blog : Amanda Carpenter : Boehner: ACORN Recieved $31 Million in Federal Funding

Rank with other programs.....SMALL.....but is that the argument? We should forgive and forget their theft of taxpayer dollars, if the amount of taxpayer dollars isn't too excessive?

Obviously, other programs have more priority, but that's no reason to allow such business practices to be rewarded. We have enough of them already and we know it's not only ACORN that has done, and others are still doing, they just haven't been caught yet.

While we're on the subject of those 'stealing' taxpayer dollars, maybe we should put the Federal Government right up there, and then stop funding to the United Nations, which represents a 10000+ ACORNS. Would this then be ENOUGH money to prioritize and make it worth while? The amount of government funding abuse has long been published, grants and studies that are so ridiculous it makes one want to puke.

It's on BOTH sides, the government doesn't think before funding and that allows those who wish to 'work the system' to flourish.

It is a futile effort to even debate these abuses since the issue here is systemic and it won't be stopped by us or any other citizen in this country. It is merely a topic, however mundane it may be, for another thread.

archer daniels my bad

I don't disagree with ya, bones, but two wrongs don't equal a right.

The problem with ACORN is that, rather than corporate - which while not right - can be argued to support the economy.... ACORN is an umbrella for a variety of smaller groups (thousands of them) and are 'commmunity programs'. Now, I am not unsupportive of community programs however ACORN was corrupt from the get go. And what really offends me is that the people who suffer most from this corruption is not the taxpayer - it is the very people that ACORN is remitted to help. The low income, vulnerable in our society. Anyone - no matter what their politics - should be angry about the likes of ACORN and the SEIU using the very people they are supposed to be helping for political gain.

Google the ACORN 8 - and ask yourself.... WTF????

Geeesh, instead of my lengthy reply to Stollingbones I could have just said WTF?
I guess that's what it boils down too :lol::lol:

Did you see this? Yes - it is systemic.

On Tuesday November 24th, the day after Big Government broke the story revealing tens of thousands of documents containing sensitive material had been unceremoniously dumped in a trash bin behind the San Diego ACORN office, Attorney General Jerry Brown appeared on Talk Radio KABC’s Peter Tilden Show.

Considering this document dump occurred just a few days after the Attorney General had announced an investigation of this very same office, we anticipated his righteous anger at this obvious afront to the integrity of his investigation and the people of California’s right to investigate all evidence pertaining to the operations of ACORN. Instead, Attorney General Brown offered a rambling and somewhat troubling political answer to a question of law and justice.

Attorney General Brown cites a poll which claims that 52% of Republicans think ACORN stole the election for Obama. The full results of this poll of 1,006 voters can be downloaded here.

Why is this poll and its results relevant to your investigation of ACORN and of this latest news that the office you announced you would be investigating trashed over 20,000 documents in the dark of night right before your investigators came down to visit?

Why does an opinion poll even enter into the discussion during the first minute of the Attorney General’s interview about an ongoing investigation?

And, why is more time spent in this interview on the constitutional rights of ACORN with regard to their trash and speculation over who hired Private Investigator Derrick Roach, instead of the activities of this ACORN office?

Big Government » Blog Archive » Calif. Attorney General Offers Incoherent, Troubling Answers When Asked About ACORN Doc Dump

Maybe the cover-up will be the bigger story?

their. money was taken away on a witch hunt by wingnuts. once there guilt is proven in court then we can punish them.

Forum List

Back