ACORN At it Again

ACORN tried to get jobs for underage, illegal Salvadorean women -- blow jobs.

In all fairness, it was only the chapters the film makers visited that engaged in the despicable behaviors mentioned. Surely, a small random sampling such as this is not indicative of massive systemic problems that are funded at taxpayer expense....

Only a lib- who could not match wits with Trig Palin- would possibly defend such a group...

ACORN tried to get jobs for underage, illegal Salvadorean women -- blow jobs.

In all fairness, it was only the chapters the film makers visited that engaged in the despicable behaviors mentioned. Surely, a small random sampling such as this is not indicative of massive systemic problems that are funded at taxpayer expense....

Only a lib- who could not match wits with Trig Palin- would possibly defend such a group...

One irony of trying to de-fang and de-fund a movement of the people (which ACORN arguably is) involves sub-prime lending—or predatory lending, as it is more aptly named. ACORN was in the forefront of the effort to ban such invidious practices at the local level, all over the country. We now know that this scam was what ultimately became the straw that broke the back of the entire economy of America and most of the rest of the world. ACORN chapters across the country were trying ten years ago to get the attention of their elected watchdogs to the injustice and unsustainability of the onerous loans being perpetrated on the poor in poor neighborhoods under cover of the Community Reinvestment Act as it applied to banks. All this was well before we had the "liar" loans, no down payment loans, low doc loans, and ALT-A loans that we have all become familiar with as we watch our 401-Ks become 201Ks.
The ACORN Affair: A lesson in Waspishness

I find ACORN an unacceptable organization to be anywhere near our political system. As far as I am concerned, they are not fit for purpose and should be dissolved. I have no problem with communities organizing and helping those who need assistance but influencing votes, being any part of the election process is unacceptable. The Raffkeys are a pair of corrupt, self serving individuals who have made a lot of money out of ripping off those they were supposed to help.

I agree with your disdain for ACORN. However, your rant still does not support KMAN's original assertion:

It's amazing that ACORN gets OUR tax money to help re-elect Democrats

It's not a 'rant', it's a comment. And yes, I do agree with the OP.

Well, you're agreeing with an assertion that isn't supported by the linked article, which is from a partisan hack website with questionable credibility at best. There are plenty of other things to bash the group for.

I agree with your disdain for ACORN. However, your rant still does not support KMAN's original assertion:

Well, you're agreeing with an assertion that isn't supported by the linked article, which is from a partisan hack website with questionable credibility at best. There are plenty of other things to bash the group for.

Which is why I dismiss the information, however, any time that ACORN is involved, I'll err on the side of caution. Simply, we cannot have third parties anywhere near an election - it is not appropriate. ACORN are corrupt from the top down. As an umbrella organization, they are a disgrace. Worst still is the damage that they have done to the genuine organizatioins within ACORN, the damage to the poorest Americans who rely on such groups and the reputation of community groups generally.

Even a liberal should understand that - it's not complicated.

Which is why I dismiss the information, however, any time that ACORN is involved, I'll err on the side of caution. Simply, we cannot have third parties anywhere near an election - it is not appropriate. ACORN are corrupt from the top down. As an umbrella organization, they are a disgrace. Worst still is the damage that they have done to the genuine organizatioins within ACORN, the damage to the poorest Americans who rely on such groups and the reputation of community groups generally.

AND...the ONLY reason Republicans have worked so hard to slander ACORN is because they register mostly poor and minority voters who traditionally vote Democrat... Republicans know the good ACORN does for the poorest Americans, but the Republicans have NO concern for people...just party...

Even a right winger should understand that - it's not complicated.

2006 - John McCain to ACORN sponsored rally: "What makes America special is what's in this room tonight"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9wy2MI1NI]YouTube - McCainAcorn[/ame]

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich"
President John F. Kennedy

AND...the ONLY reason Republicans have worked so hard to slander ACORN is because they register mostly poor and minority voters who traditionally vote Democrat... Republicans know the good ACORN does for the poorest Americans, but the Republicans have NO concern for people...just party...

2006 - John McCain to ACORN sponsored rally: "What makes America special is what's in this room tonight"

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich"

I am aware that both parties have sucked up to ACORN. I hold them both equally responsible for allowing that corrupt bunch of asswipes to destroy decent small local organizations. What I find disappointing, albeit unsurprising, is that you are unable to see ACORN for what they have become. Corrupt.

I am aware that both parties have sucked up to ACORN. I hold them both equally responsible for allowing that corrupt bunch of asswipes to destroy decent small local organizations. What I find disappointing, albeit unsurprising, is that you are unable to see ACORN for what they have become. Corrupt.

The corruption at ACORN is not systemic, it IS on LOCAL levels, mostly perpetrated by temporary employees...who were fired immediately...AND...ACORN officials reported the obvious fraudulent registrations and followed the letter of the LAW...

You have the right to your own opinion, but not the right to your own facts...

You consistently state right wing propaganda and you refuse to accept credible evidence from reputable sources...

You want to be a writer? Better set new career goals...maybe a liberal could teach you how to drill holes in wood without losing too much blood.........................eventually

The corruption at ACORN is not systemic, it IS on LOCAL levels, mostly perpetrated by temporary employees...who were fired immediately...AND...ACORN officials reported the obvious fraudulent registrations and followed the letter of the LAW...

You consistently state right wing propaganda and you refuse to accept credible evidence from reputable sources...

You want to be a writer? Better set new career goals...maybe a liberal could teach you how to drill holes in wood without losing too much blood.........................eventually

Yea.... which is why their beloved Raffkey ran off with close to a $1m. LOL.

I don't 'want to be a writer' dummkopf, I already am one.... and I'm actually pretty damned successful. But thanks for your interest.

I don't 'want to be a writer' dummkopf, I already am one.... and I'm actually pretty damned successful. But thanks for your interest.

Well please provide me a list of your writing(s)...Why do I surmise we're going to see a replay of your I CAN'T "debate" cut & run scenario...

Well please provide me a list of your writing(s)...Why do I surmise we're going to see a replay of your I CAN'T "debate" cut & run scenario...

Assclown.

Assclown.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Cali girl web-cam...

tantrum.jpg

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
Oscar Wilde

Assclown.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Cali girl web-cam...

tantrum.jpg

Oscar Wilde

That's very mature. I'm very impressed. What the hell is my career to do with you? Just because I can't be arsed to debate you, you start whining about what I do for a living. Grow the fuck up little boy.

Assclown.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Cali girl web-cam...

tantrum.jpg

Oscar Wilde

That's very mature. I'm very impressed. What the hell is my career to do with you? Just because I can't be arsed to debate you, you start whining about what I do for a living. Grow the fuck up little boy.

ADD to cali girl's epic fail list...

"I don't 'want to be a writer' dummkopf, I already am one.... and I'm actually pretty damned successful."

BUT, I CAN"T tell you anything I wrote...

I'm sure you're "actually pretty damned successful" at debating...

BUT, you CAN"T debate here...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Cali girl web-cam...

tantrum.jpg

Oscar Wilde

ADD to cali girl's epic fail list...

"I don't 'want to be a writer' dummkopf, I already am one.... and I'm actually pretty damned successful."

BUT, I CAN"T tell you anything I wrote...

I'm sure you're "actually pretty damned successful" at debating...

BUT, you CAN"T debate here...

There is a difference between "I can't" and "I won't".

Idiot.

Forum List

Back