ACLU Sues to Stop Trump Administration from Enforcing Federal Immigration Laws

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
border-patrol-migrants-AP-640x480.jpg

Why don’t they understand that the law is the law? They feel they’re above the law and will shop around for some Leftist judge to support them.

According to the lawsuit the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, Central American Resource Center, Immigrant Defenders Law Center, and Public Counsel are suing Attorney General William Barr, James McHenry, director of the Executive Office for Immigration Review, Kevin McAleenan, Department of Homeland Security secretary, Mark Morgan, acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Thomas R. Decker, field office director of ICE’s New York Field Office.

The lawsuit claims that the Trump administration’s system for notifying migrants about their legal obligation to appear in court is “in chaos,” and seeks a court order to allow the migrants to appear before an immigration judge before deportation could take place.

For the many families who came here as refugees fleeing violence, deportation is a death threat,” Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said in a news release, according to the New York Post.

We will fight to ensure no one faces this kind of peril without having their case considered in court,” Lieberman said.

They ignore the fact that the people to be rounded up have already been through the process and were notified of their deportation. They’ve ignored the law.

More
@ ACLU Sues to Stop Trump from Enforcing Federal Immigration Laws

Democrats Give Illegal Aliens Tips on How to Avoid Arrest in ICE Raids @ Democrats Give Illegal Aliens Tips on How to Avoid Arrest in ICE Raids

Know Your Rights: How Immigrant Rights Activists Are Preparing for Looming ICE Deportation Raids @ Know Your Rights: How Immigrant Rights Activists Are Preparing for Looming ICE Deportation Raids | Democracy Now!

Hillary Posts Instructions In SPANISH For Undocumented Immigrants To Evade ICE Agents @ Hillary Posts Instructions In SPANISH For Undocumented Immigrants To Evade ICE Agents

public record of lawsuit filed

COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEFDated: July 11, 2019New York, NY

INTRODUCTION

1.Plaintiffs are several organizations that serve immigrant families and children who fled persecution or torture in their home countries. They seek to prevent imminent deportations in violation of the most basic due process principles: the rights to notice and an opportunity to be heard. The families and children whom Plaintiffs serve fled their countries within the last five years. But none of them ever had their claims for asylum and related relief -2- heard by an immigration judge. Instead, the government ordered them removed in absentia because they failed to appear in court.

2.Upon information and belief, the Trump Administration will soon arrest en masse thousands of these families and children – most of them from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. Specifically, Mark Morgan, Acting Director of ICE, announced on June 19, 2019 that the upcoming mass arrests would include among its targets 2,000 families who recently arrived and were ordered deported in absentia.

3.The in absentia removal orders the Trump Administration now seeks to enforce werenot properly entered because the government’s system for providing notice is in chaos. In thousands of cases, the government mailed notices to incorrect addresses; sent them with no date or time; and set hearings for dates – including weekends – when no hearings were being held at all.

4.Even when the government sent notices to the right address for a real hearing, it repeatedly sent them too late, for locations unreasonably far from immigrants’ homes. Notices thus arrived either after the date set for a hearing or just a few days before, requiring indigent families to immediately travel across the country to hearings in distant states.

5.The government also entered thousands of in absentia orders against children, even though those children obviously had no control over whether they appeared in court.

Continued here:

https://www.nyclu.org/sites/default...11_nyclu_asylum_seeker_v_barr_complaint_0.pdf

By most accounts, Brazil is one of the most violent societies in the world. They have a population of 209 million. By liberal standards, all Brazilians are entitled to live in America and they're entitled to free housing, free medical, free education, free food, etc. Correct?

The ACLU...I have NO idea who's side THEY are on. The underdog? The oppressed? The minimized? That's what they would have us believe. But they come off as a loose confederation of wealthy busybody nihilist contrarians that love to throw a figurative monkey wrench into the works, instead. They sure as hell don't represent anything I can relate to. And they don't help matters by their actions, despite their intentions. The road to hell is lined with the ACLU's intentions.

Perhaps there is something positive I am missing about illegal immigration. Maybe. But the truth that previous immigrants actually COULD and DID follow immigration law, that escapes the ACLU. And, our constitution declares NOBODY is above the law...not even immigration law. Not even Latinos, even if they feel entitled and drag their families into this. Nope.

Last edited:
Instead of trying to protect the filthy Illegals why don't the ACLU sue the government to stop enforcing the NFA laws? After all the Bill of Rights says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Seems like a slam dunk case for them if they are really interested in protecting Liberties.

WTF? Why have laws if they cannot be enforced. It is the duty of ICE to enforce our immigration laws and anyone who aids, abet and harbor illegal aliens and supporting sanctuary cities are committing a crime. That goes for religious organization and Democrats. ACLU is a racist organization. The penalty for illegal immigrating is DEPORTATION. Citing the Immigration and Nationality Act, ICE officials said the agency has the right to impose civil fines, up to $799 a day, on undocumented ...

I have known plenty of legal immigrants over the years. They observed and follow immigration law. It took them years and countless hurdles before they got their legal status as Americans. They follow the laws and the respected this culture. Now, I known plenty of illegal aliens, too. They are a motley crew. Some are worthy of redemption. Most not so much, they are exploiting the ambiguity of this situation for...god knows what reasons. Yes, It's a totally human thing. But they don't get my respect and they are not above the law. Nobody is above the law. So, kudos to ICE. Keep it up!

Last edited:
By most accounts, Brazil is one of the most violent societies in the world. They have a population of 209 million. By liberal standards, all Brazilians are entitled to live in America and they're entitled to free housing, free medical, free education, free food, etc. Correct?
All of South America is "shithole" countries. Trump's 'Shithole' Countries Are Worth $46.6 Billion in Trade to America ... "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?

The ACLU...I have NO idea who's side THEY are on. The underdog? The oppressed? The minimized? That's what they would have us believe. But they come off as a loose confederation of wealthy busybody nihilist contrarians that love to throw a figurative monkey wrench into the works, instead. They sure as hell don't represent anything I can relate to. And they don't help matters by their actions, despite their intentions. The road to hell is lined with the ACLU's intentions.

Perhaps there is something positive I am missing about illegal immigration. Maybe. But the truth that previous immigrants actually COULD and DID follow immigration law, that escapes the ACLU. And, our constitution declares NOBODY is above the law...not even immigration law. Not even Latinos, even if they feel entitled and drag their families into this. Nope.

They are on the side of globalization and the destruction of this country.

border-patrol-migrants-AP-640x480.jpg

Why don’t they understand that the law is the law? They feel they’re above the law and will shop around for some Leftist judge to support them.

According to the lawsuit the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, Central American Resource Center, Immigrant Defenders Law Center, and Public Counsel are suing Attorney General William Barr, James McHenry, director of the Executive Office for Immigration Review, Kevin McAleenan, Department of Homeland Security secretary, Mark Morgan, acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Thomas R. Decker, field office director of ICE’s New York Field Office.

The lawsuit claims that the Trump administration’s system for notifying migrants about their legal obligation to appear in court is “in chaos,” and seeks a court order to allow the migrants to appear before an immigration judge before deportation could take place.

For the many families who came here as refugees fleeing violence, deportation is a death threat,” Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said in a news release, according to the New York Post.

We will fight to ensure no one faces this kind of peril without having their case considered in court,” Lieberman said.

They ignore the fact that the people to be rounded up have already been through the process and were notified of their deportation. They’ve ignored the law.

More
@ ACLU Sues to Stop Trump from Enforcing Federal Immigration Laws

Democrats Give Illegal Aliens Tips on How to Avoid Arrest in ICE Raids @ Democrats Give Illegal Aliens Tips on How to Avoid Arrest in ICE Raids

Know Your Rights: How Immigrant Rights Activists Are Preparing for Looming ICE Deportation Raids @ Know Your Rights: How Immigrant Rights Activists Are Preparing for Looming ICE Deportation Raids | Democracy Now!

Hillary Posts Instructions In SPANISH For Undocumented Immigrants To Evade ICE Agents @ Hillary Posts Instructions In SPANISH For Undocumented Immigrants To Evade ICE Agents

The ACLU is a communist front group. It’s part of the ruling elite. And keeping illegals coming keeps Democrats in power traitors that they are.

If we're giving tax money to the ACLU or the SPLC, we should stop immediately. I do not approve of my money going to organizations that actively promote and defend lawlessness. Viva Trump. Break up the ACLU and SPLC for being subversives.

I have known plenty of legal immigrants over the years. They observed and follow immigration law. It took them years and countless hurdles before they got their legal status as Americans. They follow the laws and the respected this culture. Now, I known plenty of illegal aliens, too. They are a motley crew. Some are worthy of redemption. Most not so much, they are exploiting the ambiguity of this situation for...god knows what reasons. Yes, It's a totally human thing. But they don't get my respect and they are not above the law. Nobody is above the law. So, kudos to ICE. Keep it up!

ICE enforces the laws we as Americans have passed. Its a hatred of Americans that keeps Democrats hating ICE.

Jaywalking means violating pedestrian traffic laws, most often by crossing a street illegally. While jaywalking is a low-level offense, it can draw fines in most if not all jurisdictions. And it is enforced. But crossing our border illegally get you soap and a blanket and a place to sleep and eat.

Liberals are so easily "triggered" (libspeak for antagonized...pissed off). So they go out of their way to minimize the pain and suffering from such affronts. You know, getting pissed off at say, confederate flags or going as far as banning the use of the word "America" on college campuses. But then they LOVE to TRIGGER others with this shit... desecrating the flag? Really? All that does is remind me of how hypocritical and amoral liberal progressives truly are. Oh, yes, it PISSES me off. Because of stuff like this , liberal progs days are numbered.

Liberals are so easily "triggered" (libspeak for antagonized...pissed off). So they go out of their way to minimize the pain and suffering from such affronts. You know, getting pissed off at say, confederate flags or going as far as banning the use of the word "America" on college campuses. But then they LOVE to TRIGGER others with this shit... desecrating the flag? Really? All that does is remind me of how hypocritical and amoral liberal progressives truly are. Oh, yes, it PISSES me off. Because of stuff like this , liberal progs days are numbered.
10 million to 22 million people in the country illegally should piss them off. But they are pissed off because Trump is trying to stop illegals from entering.

Whilst we are at it, lets stop working with feds to stop say, interstate trafficking in children. Because cutting off your nose to spite your face is good to liberals. Its what they do best

Forum List

Back