ACLU sues for students to wear anti-Islam shirts in Florida schools

You actually have a brain and some sanity, though.

:rofl:

This is probably the funniest thing to come out of this thread. seriously.

Columbia University - GOOOOO TIGERS!

iseedumbpeople.jpg

you probably should tell yourself that in the mirror each morning. Remember, you are SMART enough and people LIKE you, stuart.

asswipe! neg repping for speech you don't approve of is pretty much you style of "censorship" petty very petty

do you defend sunni? when they are trying to censor him?

I'm not defending anyone,, maybe you misread what I'm trying to get across here. this is a discussion about the aclu and their defense of "free speech" and first thing ya know one member threatens to neg repp someone else cause he didn't like or agree with what he said. It's just plumb dumb ironical is all. :lol::lol::lol:

You say that as if I simply disagreed with xsited's opinion. He blatantly lied about facts.

But you're a disengenuous twat, so I wouldn't expect you to understand the diff.

do you defend sunni? when they are trying to censor him?

I'm not defending anyone,, maybe you misread what I'm trying to get across here. this is a discussion about the aclu and their defense of "free speech" and first thing ya know one member threatens to neg repp someone else cause he didn't like or agree with what he said. It's just plumb dumb ironical is all. :lol::lol::lol:

You say that as if I simply disagreed with xsited's opinion. He blatantly lied about facts.

But you're a disengenuous twat, so I wouldn't expect you to understand the diff.

no he didn't,, you fail.

Last time I checked, Columbia is a private institution.

It is. And the irony of a university known for its school of journalism having that much contempt for free speech. Go Mizzou journalism!

Except that freedom of speech does not mean that you can say whatever you want without any negative effects. The government can't censor your speech or threaten harm because of it, but that doesn't mean people are required to agree with, like, or even respect your commentary.

Let me just point out something here. Columbia University invites it's speakers. When they invited the minutemen I think they knew what the topic would be. So I only conclude that they knew that they would invite them to speak and then would cut off that free speech. They gave Immadinnahjacket a pass.. See? they know what they hell they were doing. So the suffer a terrorist regime and throw chairs at Americans they disagree with.. Oh the irony.

It is. And the irony of a university known for its school of journalism having that much contempt for free speech. Go Mizzou journalism!

Except that freedom of speech does not mean that you can say whatever you want without any negative effects. The government can't censor your speech or threaten harm because of it, but that doesn't mean people are required to agree with, like, or even respect your commentary.

Let me just point out something here. Columbia University invites it's speakers. When they invited the minutemen I think they knew what the topic would be. So I only conclude that they knew that they would invite them to speak and then would cut off that free speech. They gave Immadinnahjacket a pass.. See? they know what they hell they were doing. So the suffer a terrorist regime and throw chairs at Americans they disagree with.. Oh the irony.
Yes, it is ironic and combined with the fact that they have an excellent school of journalism, the irony is compounded.

Mizzou (for the morons who are so very uninformed, Mizzou is also known for its excellent school of journalism) has no such record. I hope their reputation points in this field have surpassed those of Columbia's for that reason.

Last edited:
Lol.....the aclu bashers always ignore it when the aclu does something that crushes their false views.

We get a great deal of moral relativism from folks here on USMB. Obama is at least better than Bush. Republicans have problems too. So on and so forth. Accepting less than a standard is a big problem for America. We excuse politicans, educators, employers and ourselves for falling short.

I agree. And I also read earlier that someone said that libs tell everyone what they can do and conservatives tell people what they can't. Decent generalization that I can somewhat agree with. But as far as children... Don't get me started. Kids need boundaries - and for the most part - they respect them. It's the loonies that keep moving the goal post - to the detriment of those they claim to support. I'd like to see one of these kids try to get a job wearing those shirts. Aren't schools supposed to prepare children for the "real world"?

I was with you up til the bold part. No, schools are not supposed to prepare kids for the real world. They are to teach them math, reading, writing and other skills. PARENTS are supposed to prepare them for the real world.

My kids went to private school K-12. It wasn't the teachers that made the difference. It was the expectations of the parents, imparted to the kids. This translated to a peer group that championed learning and excelling.

Ah but saveliberty - in a perfect world parents are supposed to prepare them for the real world. But in the "real world" many parents are absent. Schools are expected to assume that role. If parents were doing their job, would they allow their kids to wear hate on their shirts? And in NJ "Workplace Readiness Skills" are as important to our high school curriculum as Physics.

My kids go to Catholic school as well. Amazing how involved parents are when they paying tuition, isn't it? Or maybe they the tuiton because they are involved? I like the discipline there. You don't like our rules "there's the door". :cool:

Yes, it is ironic and combined with the fact that they have an excellent school of journalism, the irony is compounded.

Mizzou (for the morons who are so very uninformed, Mizzou is also known for its excellent school of journalism) has no such record. I hope their reputation points in this field have surpassed those of Columbia's for that reason.

:thup:

nice save.

nice save.
There are solutions to your insanity that you should seriously consider, though. There is no help for your stupidity.

You are a fool, and an even bigger fool as you don't realize it.

iseedumbpeople.jpg

nice save.
There are solutions to your insanity that you should seriously consider, though. There is no help for your stupidity.

iseedumbpeople.jpg

You'll have to forgive me for disregarding your psychiatric evaluation even though you insist that the U of Phoenix Online has a great psych department.

Next time, don't get your references mixed up when looking for a way to talk shit or I might have to cause you to become passive-aggressive again and send me droves of pms right before turning yours off.

1. The university did not invite Gilchrist. He was invited by the university's chapter of College Republicans.
2. Ahmadinejad wasn't even remotely given a pass. In the introduction, the president of the university called him a "cruel and petty dictator" and said he was "astonishingly uneducated."

nice save.

iseedumbpeople.jpg

You'll have to forgive me for disregarding your psychiatric evaluation even though you insist that the U of Phoenix Online has a great psych department.

Next time, don't get your references mixed up when looking for a way to talk shit or I might have to cause you to become passive-aggressive again and send me droves of pms right before turning yours off.
You are having another meltdown and a break with reality.

My choice in what permissions I use at this site is my decision. I choose not to have those who are clearly unstable and insane communicating with me in any manner in private.

I understand how you, a clearly disturbed individual, would find this frustrating and relevant to anything in this thread about free speech, though.

iseedumbpeople.jpg

My choice in what permissions I use at this site is my decision. I choose not to have those who are clearly unstable and insane communicating with me in any manner in private.

I understand how you, a clearly disturbed individual, would find this frustrating and relevant to anything in this thread about free speech, though.

and yet you have no problem abusing my public messages for the sake of passive-aggressive crybaby bawling. go figure.

tell me more about this "meltdown" thing you keep projecting while taking it out on my public messages.

:lol:

and then go cry about free speech some more!

Go TIGERS!, er, I mean, Columbia University in New York City!

and yet you have no problem abusing my public messages for the sake of passive-aggressive crybaby bawling. ....
Then report me to the staff.

and yet you have no problem abusing my public messages for the sake of passive-aggressive crybaby bawling. ....

I don't need to when exposing your spineless, cuntly behaviour in the forum works well enough.

Now, where did my black and gold Tigers shirt go to.. There is a pep rally in Columbia U. in NYC!

The ACLU used to only be anti-Christian, just like most liberals. Then Muslims started beheading infidels and they realized they had to do something or lose what little credibility they still had. So they came up with the idea that all religions are bad, not just Christianity. Ten years ago, this would not have happened.

When they come up with similar about the other of the western three, then I will believe it, and after that start on Buddhists and Hmong Animists!

The schools have a right to maintain a reasonable dress code. Out here they ban red and blue! Among other things.

I don't need to when exposing your spineless, cuntly behaviour in the forum works well enough.

Now, where did my black and gold Tigers shirt go to.. There is a pep rally in Columbia U. in NYC!

Actually, it is quite wise for folks to use the measures available to us at USMB to keep the seriously disturbed and insane from any behind-the-scenes ramped-up insanity.

You are quite bothered that those safeguards are in place, obviously, as you find your whining about my taking such safeguards more important than the topic of free speech. You are insane, so that is normal for you.

Actually, it is quite wise for folks to use the measures available to us at USMB to keep the seriously disturbed and insane from any behind-the-scenes ramped-up insanity.

You are quite bothered that those safeguards are in place, obviously, as you find your whining about my taking such safeguards more important than the topic of free speech. You are insane, so that is normal for you.

Or, more like it, it's pretty hilarious to watch you throw stones and then run and hide behind the block feature. It's the kind of thing we've come to expect from a disingenuous bitch like you.

And, again, your dime store psychology continues to be about as unimpressive as your usual forum input. Hey, maybe you can clusterfuck another college reference and then cry about being busted via public messages right before you close off yours to avoid riposte. I hope you don't live near a bunny store, you crazy 'natch.

Or, more like it, it's pretty hilarious to watch you throw stones and then run and hide behind the block feature. ....

The topic is not your whining about my choice in user permissions here. It is free speech and the ACLU.

Forum List

Back