ACLU sues for students to wear anti-Islam shirts in Florida schools

Liberals support free speech and the aclu,, but not for some we throw chairs at the minutement and shout them down no free speech for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-Xs_AaSv4

Free speech doesn't mean that people have to be happy when you get on stage and spew racist garbage. That being said, the actions of those students was morally reprehensible and contrary to the ideal of the university.

my point exactly and contrary to the concept of free speech, so did the aclu go after Columbia and fight for the minutemen's right to speak?

Liberals support free speech and the aclu,, but not for some we throw chairs at the minutement and shout them down no free speech for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-Xs_AaSv4

Free speech doesn't mean that people have to be happy when you get on stage and spew racist garbage. That being said, the actions of those students was morally reprehensible and contrary to the ideal of the university.

my point exactly and contrary to the concept of free speech, so did the aclu go after Columbia and fight for the minutemen's right to speak?

Last time I checked, Columbia is a private institution.

It is. And the irony of a university known for its school of journalism having that much contempt for free speech. Go Mizzou journalism!

You are right Willow. But this suit is about a public school; not a private university. My primary concern is that there is a concerted effort by the ACLU and other "civil rights lawyers" that is purposefully eroding respect for authority. Kids have a hard enough time accepting that adults have certain rights, privilieges, and responsibilities that are different than children. And if adults condone ANY and ALL behavior on the behalf of children's "constitutional rights", we are headed for big, big trouble in this country. It's moral relativism.

go ahead and agree, meanwhile throw some chairs at Columbia, whydonchya?

i have no idea what you are talking about, but i am a fan of cryptic stuff and of chair throwing in general, so you will get pos rep which in my case will extend your free speech for about 5 minutes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-Xs_AaSv4[/ame]

thanks. this behavior always backfires in a way. you still remember this incident from more than 3 years ago. the shouting at the town halls this year will be remembered for years, too.

You are right Willow. But this suit is about a public school; not a private university. My primary concern is that there is a concerted effort by the ACLU and other "civil rights lawyers" that is purposefully eroding respect for authority. Kids have a hard enough time accepting that adults have certain rights, privilieges, and responsibilities that are different than children. And if adults condone ANY and ALL behavior on the behalf of children's "constitutional rights", we are headed for big, big trouble in this country. It's moral relativism.

We get a great deal of moral relativism from folks here on USMB. Obama is at least better than Bush. Republicans have problems too. So on and so forth. Accepting less than a standard is a big problem for America. We excuse politicans, educators, employers and ourselves for falling short.

is it within the borders of the US of KKKA?

It is. And the irony of a university known for its school of journalism having that much contempt for free speech. Go Mizzou journalism!

Except that freedom of speech does not mean that you can say whatever you want without any negative effects. The government can't censor your speech or threaten harm because of it, but that doesn't mean people are required to agree with, like, or even respect your commentary.

i have no idea what you are talking about, but i am a fan of cryptic stuff and of chair throwing in general, so you will get pos rep which in my case will extend your free speech for about 5 minutes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-Xs_AaSv4[/ame]

thanks. this behavior always backfires in a way. you still remember this incident from more than 3 years ago. the shouting at the town halls this year will be remembered for years, too.

yep the shouting at the town halls, and then the dimwits refusing to let all of the public in but limited it to only those who agreed with them all of this is censorship. Not to mention the wh attempting to shut Fox News out. So in summation I conclude the aclu and the left don't exactly carry the torch for free speech.

We get a great deal of moral relativism from folks here on USMB. Obama is at least better than Bush. Republicans have problems too. So on and so forth. Accepting less than a standard is a big problem for America. We excuse politicans, educators, employers and ourselves for falling short.

I agree. And I also read earlier that someone said that libs tell everyone what they can do and conservatives tell people what they can't. Decent generalization that I can somewhat agree with. But as far as children... Don't get me started. Kids need boundaries - and for the most part - they respect them. It's the loonies that keep moving the goal post - to the detriment of those they claim to support. I'd like to see one of these kids try to get a job wearing those shirts. Aren't schools supposed to prepare children for the "real world"?

:rofl:

FAIL.

1. Columbia UNIVERSITY is in New York. Columbia University in NEW YORK is where this minutemen silliness took place.
Columbia News :::University Statement on Disruption of the Columbia College Republican's Minutemen Forum

2. COLUMBIA COLLEGE is in Columbia, Missouri. However, it's by no means the same as COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY.

3. "MIZZOU" refers to the University of Missouri in Columbia, and is a journalism school; but is in no way reflective of your banal attempt to sound smart or witty when saying "Go Mizzou Journalism" about an event that happened at Columbia University IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK.

it's times like this that makes catching your stupid ass saying a whole lotta dumb shit so much fun.

FAIL.

1. Columbia UNIVERSITY is in New York. Columbia University in NEW YORK is where this minutemen silliness took place.
Columbia News :::University Statement on Disruption of the Columbia College Republican's Minutemen Forum

2. COLUMBIA COLLEGE is in Columbia, Missouri. However, it's by no means the same as COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY.

3. "MIZZOU" refers to the University of Missouri in Columbia, and is a journalism school; but is in no way reflective of your banal attempt to sound smart or witty when saying "Go Mizzou Journalism" about an event that happened at Columbia University IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK.

it's times like this that makes catching your stupid ass saying a whole lotta dumb shit so much fun.
You are so stupid it's hysterical at this point.

Columbia University is known for its excellent school of journalism.

University of Missouri (AKA Mizzou) is also known for an excellent school of journalism. University of Missouri's main campus happens to be in Columbia, MO.

Your insanity combined with your stupidity is amazing.

Last edited:

FAIL.

Columbia University is known for it's excellent school of journalism.

University of Missouri (AKA Mizzou) is also known for an excellent school of journalism. Univeristy of Missouri's main campus happens to be in Columbia, MO.

Guy just had an itchy finger, eh? I thought the reference you made was pretty clear.

FAIL.

University of Missouri (AKA Mizzou) is also known for an excellent school of journalism. Univeristy of Missouri's main campus happens to be in Columbia, MO.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh is THAT how you want to polish the turd of your giant laugh bucket fuckup?

Indeed, nothing says "critical of a journalism school in NY" quite like "Go Mizzou journalism!!"

ps, I LIVE in columbia, Missouri. go ahead and admit that you fucked up and go sit in the corner. Trying to save face now will only make this chin-deep hole you've dug deeper.

FAIL.

Guy just had an itchy finger, eh? I thought the reference you made was pretty clear.
You actually have a brain and some sanity, though.

I agree. And I also read earlier that someone said that libs tell everyone what they can do and conservatives tell people what they can't. Decent generalization that I can somewhat agree with. But as far as children... Don't get me started. Kids need boundaries - and for the most part - they respect them. It's the loonies that keep moving the goal post - to the detriment of those they claim to support. I'd like to see one of these kids try to get a job wearing those shirts. Aren't schools supposed to prepare children for the "real world"?

I was with you up til the bold part. No, schools are not supposed to prepare kids for the real world. They are to teach them math, reading, writing and other skills. PARENTS are supposed to prepare them for the real world.

My kids went to private school K-12. It wasn't the teachers that made the difference. It was the expectations of the parents, imparted to the kids. This translated to a peer group that championed learning and excelling.

Last edited:

FAIL.

of course you would, milquetoast.. of COURSE you would.

:thup:

hey, I hear the U of Florida is causing a ruckus! GOOOO CRIMSON TIDE!

This is probably the funniest thing to come out of this thread. seriously.

Columbia University - GOOOOO TIGERS!

This is probably the funniest thing to come out of this thread. seriously.

Columbia University - GOOOOO TIGERS!

iseedumbpeople.jpg

Forum List

Back