ACLU now wants cross removed from cemetery

-=d=- said:
Bonnie- as usual, you are RIGHT on target...

http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=36833

At least this state (rarity) had the common sense to throw the complaint out.
freaking shame that that actually happened. cant publicly display a bible verse, but hey, i have a shirt that says i f*cked your momma on it and can wear it in public (hey its freedom of speech and expression ya know, but it doesnt pertain to religeon)

Johnney said:
freaking shame that that actually happened. cant publicly display a bible verse, but hey, i have a shirt that says i f*cked your momma on it and can wear it in public (hey its freedom of speech and expression ya know, but it doesnt pertain to religeon)

Religion is the only subject that is allowed to be discriminated against.

Look at schools - classes on Islam but not Christianity - don't even say the "G" word.

And then these two..license plates and cemetaries.

Simply amazing.

GotZoom said:
Religion is the only subject that is allowed to be discriminated against.

Look at schools - classes on Islam but not Christianity - don't even say the "G" word.

And then these two..license plates and cemetaries.

Simply amazing.
i think its about time to sue the aclu for violating peoples civil liberties

Johnney said:
i think its about time to sue the aclu for violating peoples civil liberties
Johnney, that is the best idea I've heard in a long time. Lets do it. We can start a collection to pay for the lawyers and pick out someone to be our spokesman and deal with the lawyers and legal system. At the very least it would throw some national attention on how most people feel about the aclu.

So what is left? The ACLU won't even let the dead rest in peace!

This is what we end up with when we have judges who interpret the constitution to fit their political beliefs. There is no separation of church and state in the Constitution.... there never was and hopefully never will be. The founding fathers did not want a state church set up, period. That is all there is to it.

The problem is that organization like the ACLU will keep pushing the envelope until someone finds a way of stopping them.

Johnney is probably onto something, sue the bastards, and keep on suing them until they run out of money or at least keep on suing them so that all their lawyers are tied up in court defending the ACLU rather than picking on the rest of us.

Merlin said:
Johnney, that is the best idea I've heard in a long time. Lets do it. We can start a collection to pay for the lawyers and pick out someone to be our spokesman and deal with the lawyers and legal system. At the very least it would throw some national attention on how most people feel about the aclu.

Sounds good to me Im in, someone has to, I know there are some conservative lawfirms that do this on a daily basis, but they are out-numbered and out-funded by the ACLU.

The Thomas More Law Center stands against the ACLU, and so do a few other groups.

http://www.thomasmore.org/

But yes, they have less clout than the ACLU. That's because the judges side with the ACLU, as does the press. So they've got an advantage from the outset.

The ACLU is hostile to Christianity because it likely gets its funding from Jews who are hostile to Christianity. I don't have facts and figures, but I would be that A LOT of their support comes from the Upper West Side. And don't forget that the judges and the press are also heavily Jewish (at least the press is, for judges, depends on the part of the country), so it's a network of anti-Christian bias. I know there's a reluctance on the part of many to "blame the Jews" for things, but these are influences and elements that are strong enough that they can't be ignored.

The "separation of church and state" idea has been blown violently out of proportion by people who hate traditional America.

William Joyce said:
The Thomas More Law Center stands against the ACLU, and so do a few other groups.

The ACLU is hostile to Christianity because it likely gets its funding from Jews who are hostile to Christianity. I don't have facts and figures, but I would be that A LOT of their support comes from the Upper West Side.

The "separation of church and state" idea has been blown violently out of proportion by people who hate traditional America.

Agreeable to Federal Code US 1985 (not absolutely positive of the number, if not 1985 it is very close) the ACLU gets much of its funding from your local tax dollars. If the ACLU gets involved in a "Civil" suit they must be paid for by the local tax dollars (they get to charge a "fair" fee for the lawyers). Therefore we pay the ACLU to attack and systematically tear apart the society that we have built according to their "progressive" agenda.

no1tovote4 said:
Agreeable to Federal Code US 1985 (not absolutely positive of the number, if not 1985 it is very close) the ACLU gets much of its funding from your local tax dollars. If the ACLU gets involved in a "Civil" suit they must be paid for by the local tax dollars. Therefore we pay the ACLU to attack and systematically tear apart the society that we have built according to their "progressive" agenda.

For some cases, yes --- I'm most familiar with 42 USC 1983, which has provisions like this. Years ago I worked on a reverse discrimination (against whites) case where we recovered these fees from the defendant, which was a government agency.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could dictate how much of your taxes went to a certain portion of the government.

OH...wow...I just woke up.

Never mind.

GotZoom said:
Wouldn't it be nice if you could dictate how much of your taxes went to a certain portion of the government.

OH...wow...I just woke up.

Never mind.

This would actually be possible with a National Sales Tax. If you were upset about the Governments action you could actually boycott purchases as another form of protest. Just as many of us would simply deny funding to the National Endowment for Arts, we could simply deny funding to the Feds for many different items.

It would probably take a Constitutional Convention to get the change done so that people would be able to reinforce their beliefs through funding.

Forum List

Back