ACLU now wants cross removed from cemetery

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
First the ACLU sued to remove this cross from the courthouse where it had been for 40 years. So they moved it to the Vinton County, OH cemetery. Now the ACLU is suing to remove it from the county cemetary. The cemetary also contains many religious symbols including more crosses and a Star of David. I suppose those will be ripped off next by the ACLU. :mad:

It is time to take our country back from these commie heathen.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4481346/detail.html

ScreamingEagle said:
First the ACLU sued to remove this cross from the courthouse where it had been for 40 years. So they moved it to the Vinton County, OH cemetery. Now the ACLU is suing to remove it from the county cemetary. The cemetary also contains many religious symbols including more crosses and a Star of David. I suppose those will be ripped off next by the ACLU. :mad:

I say bury the ACLU(Anti-Christ-Legions-Unleashed) in the cemetary! ;)
:salute:

No. Fucking. Way.

Holy Crap. I swear, I mean, I'd bet everything i own, the ACLU is nuts. They are moronic. Idiotic.

I wonder how long before THESE crosses have to be moved?

200205249a_300.jpg

-=d=- said:
No. Fucking. Way.

Holy Crap. I swear, I mean, I'd bet everything i own, the ACLU is nuts. They are moronic. Idiotic.

I wonder how long before THESE crosses have to be moved?

200205249a_300.jpg

I think they are dangerous, and seem to be running our country now. If people don't start showing their teeth to this anti-religious/ communisitic organization you may not even recognize this country in 10 years.

Bonnie said:
I think they are dangerous, and seem to be running our country now. If people don't start showing their teeth to this anti-religious/ communisitic organization you may not even recognize this country in 10 years.

On issues like this, I agree. Seems to me though that the 'right' needs to be careful in picking their battles, this being one that seems on firm footing.

ScreamingEagle said:

And it won't be long before people who have rosary beads or crosses hanging form their rearview mirrors won't be allowed to have them there anymore because the ACLU will say the car is being driven on public roads and it may be offensive to other drivers.......Sounds absurd but give it a few more months and someone will post an article about this, maybe even me.

Kathianne said:
On issues like this, I agree. Seems to me though that the 'right' needs to be careful in picking their battles, this being one that seems on firm footing.

Absolutely this case is solid as I read it unless there is something missing in the story?
It's almost as if they are trying to see how much they can get away with, how far they can push before anyone notices.

Bonnie said:
And it won't be long before people who have rosary beads or crosses hanging form their rearview mirrors won't be allowed to have them there anymore because the ACLU will say the car is being driven on public roads and it may be offensive to other drivers.......Sounds absurd but give it a few more months and someone will post an article about this, maybe even me.

Bonnie- as usual, you are RIGHT on target...

http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=36833

At least this state (rarity) had the common sense to throw the complaint out.

Bonnie said:

Unless the crosses are hung upside down... :dev2:

ScreamingEagle said:
Unless the crosses are hung upside down... :dev2:

:laugh: You got it!!! In schools it's okay to wear t-shirts with upside down crosses, but heaven forbid a wwjd shirt is worn, they explain it by saying one is a religion the other a belief, guess which is which??

Has anyone except me been writing to their Representatives about the ACLU hate group? I can't understand how they let one hate group stay in the limelight and not others. What is the criteria for a successful hate group? How much does the citizens have to take before they start cracking down on them?

Merlin said:
Has anyone except me been writing to their Representatives about the ACLU hate group? I can't understand how they let one hate group stay in the limelight and not others. What is the criteria for a successful hate group? How much does the citizens have to take before they start cracking down on them?

The ACLU is very well funded by very rich liberals and organizations, the only way to beat them is in court case by case, and they have plenty of lawyers, money and time. In fact it's their mission to do this, and so far they are succeeding most of the time. They win 2 cases lose 1 case they are still up by 2, and they are just going to keep coming.

"I was offended that I have to be 'prayed over' by a license plate... What happened to keeping church and state separate?"

Here is what bugs me the most about these people. Somehow, a woman with a religious reference on her liscence plate is going to lead to the First National Church of America (Attendance Mandatory!).

At least in my state, one has to 'pay' for vanity plates. Not necessarily 'state sanctioned' though they do reserve the right to deny.

manu1959 said:
i think the aclu should use money without "in god we trust on it"

They should use money with "In Mecca we trust"...after all they are cutting their own throats to spite their face! ;)

Forum List

Back