aclu keeps on defending civil liberties

ACLU???

The folks that ONLY defend minorities?

IF IT"S P-freaking-C?!?

Don't break your arm,

patting yourself on the back,

'cuz from MY viewpoint?

YOU/THEY LOSE as far as protecting EVERYone's rights.

fyrenza, the ACLU's most famous case involved the right of a Nazi group to parade though a predominately-Jewish community in Illinois. The criteria they use to determine whether a case should be accepted is not "is the plaintiff politically correct?'

It's "does this case involve a civil right?"

And because it is the unpopular plaintiff, the one who belongs to a minority group, who is most usually in danger of having his rights squashed, they end up representing the underdog.

You can read a brief history of the ACLU here:

ACLU History | American Civil Liberties Union

THE ACLU DEFENDED RUSH FUCKING LIMBAUHGH

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh (search) probably never expected the American Civil Liberties Union (search) to become one of his staunch supporters.

But the privacy rights group was on his side Monday when its Florida branch filed a "friend-of-court" motion on behalf of Limbaugh arguing state officials were wrong in seizing his medical records for their drug probe.

"For many people, it may seem odd that the ACLU has come to the defense of Rush Limbaugh," ACLU of Florida Executive Director Howard Simon said in a released statement.

FOXNews.com - ACLU Comes to Rush Limbaugh's Defense - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

The ACLU does not choose its cases based on WHO the plaintiff is...they choose them based on WHAT RIGHTS are in peril.

:eusa_shhh:

The right wing nuts have a narrative to keep up here and you're ruining it.

If this is true.... that the right wing nuts have a narrative to keep up.... why is it that this particular right wing nut job agrees with the ACLU?

Crap. Don'tcha hate it when people wiggle out of the box into which others seek to force them? Personally, I refer to it as 'independent thought'.... if more of the right wing nuts and left wing nuts would develop that skill, we wouldn't keep electing corrupt assholes and idiots.

The ACLU does not choose its cases based on WHO the plaintiff is...they choose them based on WHAT RIGHTS are in peril.

If this is true.... that the right wing nuts have a narrative to keep up.... why is it that this particular right wing nut job agrees with the ACLU?

Crap. Don'tcha hate it when people wiggle out of the box into which others seek to force them? Personally, I refer to it as 'independent thought'.... if more of the right wing nuts and left wing nuts would develop that skill, we wouldn't keep electing corrupt assholes and idiots.

Well if you want to refer to yourself as a right wing nut job that's on you ...

That is the label I have been provided with - by the left wing on this very board... as you know. The difference is, I really don't give a rats behind what the terminally stupid decide to label me.

I've been called 'far right', 'Nazi', 'right wing whackjob' and a variety of other meaningless labels by forum members.

And yet....

There I am, agreeing with the ACLU..... Go figure.

I don't think a bright, attentive person can suspend belief forever and just follow along behind any politician blindly.

Kinda makes you wonder how that WW II thing happened.

That is the label I have been provided with - by the left wing on this very board... as you know. The difference is, I really don't give a rats behind what the terminally stupid decide to label me.

I've been called 'far right', 'Nazi', 'right wing whackjob' and a variety of other meaningless labels by forum members.

And yet....

There I am, agreeing with the ACLU..... Go figure.

Well then congrats are in order, I guess?

ACLU???

IF IT"S P-freaking-C?!?

Don't break your arm,

'cuz from MY viewpoint?

Wow, just a complete lack of knowledge on your behalf.

ACLU???

IF IT"S P-freaking-C?!?

Don't break your arm,

'cuz from MY viewpoint?

does this have a point except to flaunt your stupidity?

either way I am glad they got on this case. will put the power tripping admin in his place

Forum List

Back