ACLU & Friends File Lawsuit Challenging No Fly List

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
ACLU & Friends File Lawsuit Challenging No Fly List

Damn those government officials charged with protecting America. Why are people like the ACLU and Military Heros (thank you for your service Airman), filing lawsuits against America's Sentinels?

-------------------------------

WASHINGTON, July 1 (UPI) -- A former U.S. Air Force officer stranded in Ireland because he is on the no-fly list has joined a lawsuit against the Justice Department.

"I have absolutely no idea why I'm on the list," Steve Washburn told the Las Cruces, N.M., Sun-News by e-mail Wednesday. "No one will tell me why or give me a way to get off the list."

ACLU files suit over no-fly list - UPI.com

------------------------
List Blocks People From Flying Without Explanation Or Due Process

Never mind. The Military Hero is a Muslim. The USA says "Fuck your service." next...

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of 10 people, six of them U.S. citizens or legal residents who have been unable to return to the country. The lawsuit names U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and other top officials as defendants.

from the linked article @ UPI: Washburn and his wife, a Spanish citizen...

...Washburn had worked for NASA as a firefighter at White Sands, and spent a week in Ireland on the way to visit a new grandchild.

...he was barred from getting on a plane bound for the United States.

Washburn was given a lie detector test by the FBI at his own request and passed. He said he got some idea from the test why he is on the list -- including his years in Saudi Arabia and his conversion to Islam.

:evil:

Last edited:
On the upside... I could think of worse places to be stranded...

But he's a Muslim living on our border trying to enter the USA! He's a threat. :eusa_whistle:

It's our government. Need I say more?

Not our elected government. :eusa_whistle:

from the ACLU linked page in the OP:
Ayman Latif, a U.S. citizen and disabled Marine veteran living in Egypt who has been barred from flying to the United States and, as a result, cannot take a required Veterans' Administration disability evaluation;

---

damn, those pesky military heros in the voluntary military just keep causing problems for the USA.

Never mind. The Military Hero is a Muslim. The USA says "Fuck your service." next...

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of 10 people, six of them U.S. citizens or legal residents who have been unable to return to the country. The lawsuit names U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and other top officials as defendants.

...Washburn had worked for NASA as a firefighter at White Sands, and spent a week in Ireland on the way to visit a new grandchild.

Washburn was given a lie detector test by the FBI at his own request and passed. He said he got some idea from the test why he is on the list -- including his years in Saudi Arabia and his conversion to Islam.

:lol:DAMN YOU HOLDER!!! DAMN YOU OBAMA!!! QUIT PROFILING MUSLIMS!!! YOU'RE MAKING AMERICA LOOK BAD!!! :lol:

Seriously though. The system is definately a disfunctional piece of shit but I'd rather see 10000 people "inconvenienced" than one person get killed.

:lol:DAMN YOU HOLDER!!! DAMN YOU OBAMA!!! QUIT PROFILING MUSLIMS!!! YOU'RE MAKING AMERICA LOOK BAD!!! :lol:

Seriously though. The system is definately a disfunctional piece of shit but I'd rather see 10000 people "inconvenienced" than one person get killed.

Inconvenienced yes. This is way beyond being inconvenienced. Being barred from coming home? It is the most serious violation of civil rights a government can partake in excepting death and imprisonment, and some could argue that being barred from coming home to America is worse than imprisonment.

and btw, the no fly list only makes America a wee bit safer. People can harm Americans and America without getting on a plane. d'oh!

I'd rather see a few people die than give up all of my freedoms.

and btw, the no fly list only makes America a wee bit safer. People can harm Americans and America without getting on a plane. d'oh!

No shit you arrogant sphincter spasm. By the way, not that I'm a fan of loosing any freedoms, but how many people do you concider to be a few. Maybe just one plane, carrying your entire family, brought down by someone that could have been stopped? I suppose that would be fine for you. But I suppose I'll have to concede this one to you as to not sound like a hypocrite because I'd rather see a few people die from gun violence than have my 2nd amendment rights taken away. So you made an excellent point. :eusa_angel:

No shit you arrogant sphincter spasm. By the way, not that I'm a fan of loosing any freedoms, but how many people do you concider to be a few. Maybe just one plane, carrying your entire family, brought down by someone that could have been stopped? I suppose that would be fine for you. But I suppose I'll have to concede this one to you as to not sound like a hypocrite because I'd rather see a few people die from gun violence than have my 2nd amendment rights taken away. So you made an excellent point. :eusa_angel:

We do not make laws or policy based on one person's personal experience. I would probably want to kill anyone who harmed my family, yet I do not support putting people to death in most cases. It is not hypocritical. Personal feelings and emotions have their place, but they do not carry much weight.

The American Colonists sacrificed the lives of hundreds of thousands of their fellow colonists for the sake of freedoms.

New Topics

Forum List

Back