ACLU finally wakes up?

Oklahoma has issued a license plate that contains a depiction of a well known Native American sculpture of an Indian shooting an arrow into the air to call attention to the rain spirit. Apparently a Methodist minister is offended by the spiritual nature of the license plate that he is forced to display on his car. A spiritual orientated license plate is clearly a violation of the well known regulations of the modern version of "separation of church/state but apparently the ACLU has decided that Native American spirituality in the public domain is less offensive than Christian displays of spirituality in the public domain.

Too bad when characters with a good argument on their side stoop to using the tactics of their opposition.. Not all ministers make great choices all the time..

The untying of this problem is to "hoist them with their own petard" ( a phrase that I picked up from WestWall a couple days ago)..

Christians should EMBRACE MultiCulturalism, start sharing services with Native Americans, Moslems, Hindus, Jews and LOVE the traditions and heritage of ALL the other religions. And make the demon cats who want to SANITIZE the public forum of this MultiCultural Celebration into the Authoritarian Censors that they really are...

And leftists would be IMPRESSED by the co-opting of their own creation... And the ACLU and SPLCenter would be silently steaming..

For the last 10 years the ACLU has been vigilant and concerned that some kid might sneak into school with a Bible in his hand while the secret FISA court has approved 98% of secret surveillance by the NSA and other covert arms of the federal government. The ACLU didn't wake up until the story broke. Maybe it's time to get the priorities straight and realize that the modern version of "separation of church and state" might not be the biggest threat to the Country.

Sorry, but the ACLU has never, and will never support the Consitiution and original Bill of Rights.

The organization was started by neo-communists, and is still ran by them.

Sorry, but the ACLU has never, and will never support the Consitiution and original Bill of Rights.

Ok, so call me Comrade Sparky then....:eusa_whistle:

Let me ask you, just what organization do you see as upholding the Constitution?

~S~

Ok, so call me Comrade Sparky then....:eusa_whistle:

Let me ask you, just what organization do you see as upholding the Constitution?

~S~

OK Comrade... :eusa_angel: (I never make fun of ACLU members, they are well-intentioned but non-the-less duped)

The Institute of Justice is one of MANY orgs that show a BROADER range of interest than the ACLU. Typically IJ will take much smaller cases for economic justice and get involved in ALL 10 of the Bill of Rights. They get my support over the biased agenda of the ACLU.

www.ij.org

Founded in 1991, the Institute for Justice is what a civil liberties law firm should be. As the national law firm for liberty, we stick to a clear mission engaging in cutting-edge litigation and advocacy both in the courts of law and in the court of public opinion on behalf of individuals whose most basic rights are denied by the government. Our four pillars of litigation are private property, economic liberty, free speech and school choice. Simply put, we seek a rule of law under which individuals can control their destinies as free and responsible members of society.

The whole concept of "enumerated rights" is turned on it's ugly head at IJ.. They go for ALL our rights. Not just the 10 in the Bill of Rights..

Last edited:
Thank you for the bookmark flacaltenn

i will go and read a bit now

never a bad thing to do....

~S~

Forum List

Back