ACLU files suit on Arizona law

Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

We are supporting states not debasing their Driver's Licenses by handing them out willy nilly with no proof of legal residency required.

When I moved to CT, in order to get a drivers' license I had to produce a notarized birth certificate a bank statement and 2 months of utility bills with my CT address on them.

Why shouldn't everyone have to do the same?

I think AZ should advertise that all illegal immigrants are eligible for a free one way bus ticket to, L.A., San Francisco, San Diego, Detroit, Boston or the sanctuary city of their choosing.

Queen Nancy will take them all in ........ :lol:

I do support a tamper proof DNA embedded National ID. It will be the smartest move we ever make.

Why do you think a New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted, genius ?

Hint: The leftist idiots you support caused the problem ......

What's the first thing an officer asks for when you're stopped for a traffic violation ?

So giving license's to illegals wasn't the sooper idea you and the leftist idiots you support thought it was ? omgnoway ......

Giving licenses to illegals as a way of making the roads safer, was not a bad idea. A traffic stop is not a substitute for immigration enforcement. Stopping people for a traffic violation and then demanding proof of citizenship strays way too close to the line of fascism/totalitarianism. There are other ways of dealing with illegal immigrants.

A traffic stop is a civil offense. A civil offense should never be an opportunity for police powers of the state to check citizenship.

We can demand we have a national ID. Then get rid of drivers licenses. But then we'd be using the Federal government to step on the rights of the states.

"a Latino citizen studying at Arizona State University, whose New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted as proof of citizenship under the law;"

you have some severe comprehension problems huh?

Why do you think a New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted, genius ?

Hint: The leftist idiots you support caused the problem ......

What's the first thing an officer asks for when you're stopped for a traffic violation ?

Are you that idiot Dante?

Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

We are supporting states not debasing their Driver's Licenses by handing them out willy nilly with no proof of legal residency required.

I thought they proved legal residency. If they live in an apt and pay rent, there is proof of legal residency for the purposes of a state driver's license. A state driver's license is NOT a federal issue.

If you want a national ID and want to hand over state rights do so. Start an amendment process giving the federal government say over state laws.

Nice to see the "conservatives" supporting National ID.

We do not need a national ID. If you live in a state that does not verify citizenship prior to issuing a state ID or Drivers license, you'd better be prepared to carry your passport when traveling through Arizona. What's so hard about that? If you live there legally, you already have ID that proves your citizenship. God forbid we make it inconvenient for illegal aliens......:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

When I moved to CT, in order to get a drivers' license I had to produce a notarized birth certificate a bank statement and 2 months of utility bills with my CT address on them.

In Connecticut, everyone does or doesn't have to show a certified birth certificate?

Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

States rights are now meaningless to you?

Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

I thought they proved legal residency. If they live in an apt and pay rent, there is proof of legal residency for the purposes of a state driver's license. A state driver's license is NOT a federal issue.

If you want a national ID and want to hand over state rights do so. Start an amendment process giving the federal government say over state laws.

New Mexico DOES NOT REQUIRE PROOF OF LEGAL RESIDENCY for someone to get a driver's license. It renders the document worthless to prove legal residency.

Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Oregon, Utah and Washington have the same problem - so their state driver's licenses have the same issue.

Wanting states to verify legal residency prior to issuing and ID in no way resembles or denotes support for a National ID Card.

I do support a tamper proof DNA embedded National ID. It will be the smartest move we ever make.
There is no such thing as tamper proof. All this would do is take away the rights of innocent people to protect you from your inner fears.

Another fauxcon.

Ravi:

That's hardly the case.

States rights are now meaningless to you?

That blade cuts both ways Ravi......

We do not need a national ID. If you live in a state that does not verify citizenship prior to issuing a state ID or Drivers license, you'd better be prepared to carry your passport when traveling through Arizona. What's so hard about that? If you live there legally, you already have ID that proves your citizenship. God forbid we make it inconvenient for illegal aliens......:rolleyes:

Nothing is so hard about it. Except I think it may be against the law for the state of Arizona to demand proof of citizenship from me for driving through their state.

LOL! A passport is a national id...damn, why not just admit that you want big brother to protect your lame ass.

Forum List

Back