ACLU files suit on Arizona law

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Arizona's immigration law: ACLU, civil rights groups file lawsuit - latimes.com

The individual plaintiffs include a 70-year-old U.S. citizen of Spanish and Chinese descent, who says he's been stopped twice by Arizona police asking for "papers"; a Latino citizen studying at Arizona State University, whose New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted as proof of citizenship under the law; and a Jamaican immigrant, who fears police will not believe the photocopy of a judge's order that he be allowed to stay in the country, the only paperwork he has that gives him legal status here.

• Banned
Just like i would be stopped in arizona this man has been stopped twice.

Stop pretending only illegal aliens will be effected by the law.

American Criminals Lawyers Union to the rescue of the illegals.. figures.

The AMERICAN Civil Liberties Union files a lawsuit AGAINST enforcing an AMERICAN state law in favor of people who are in this country ILLEGALLY, got it, thanks ...... :lol:

That's great.

The ACLU is filing a suit against a state enforcing a law which is completely consistent with the Federal Laws that have been in effect for years. They should just stick with defending pedophiles. That's more consistent with their values these days.

Arizona's immigration law: ACLU, civil rights groups file lawsuit - latimes.com

The individual plaintiffs include a 70-year-old U.S. citizen of Spanish and Chinese descent, who says he's been stopped twice by Arizona police asking for "papers"; a Latino citizen studying at Arizona State University, whose New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted as proof of citizenship under the law; and a Jamaican immigrant, who fears police will not believe the photocopy of a judge's order that he be allowed to stay in the country, the only paperwork he has that gives him legal status here.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm pretty dumb but I don't see how they can sue over a law that hasn't been enacted yet.. :confused:

That's great.

The ACLU is filing a suit against a state enforcing a law which is completely consistent with the Federal Laws that have been in effect for years. They should just stick with defending pedophiles. That's more consistent with their values these days.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dear idiots, all three people in the suit are either citizens or are here legally.

Cant you fucking read?

i love people bashing the aclu as if they would be able to post freely on the internet without the aclu & eff fighting for them

i love people bashing the aclu as if they would be able to post freely on the internet without the aclu & eff fighting for them

Right, and it would be a fucking shame if NAMBLA couldn't post freely, right ? ......:eusa_whistle:

Right, and it would be a fucking shame if NAMBLA couldn't post freely, right ? ......:eusa_whistle:

what is your issue with the NAMBLA case? are you a thought crime proponent? and they have upheld everyone's right to post freely including yours. the country would be a lot less "free" without the aclu & eff

What's the first thing an officer asks for when you're stopped for a traffic violation ? ...

"a Latino citizen studying at Arizona State University, whose New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted as proof of citizenship under the law;"

you have some severe comprehension problems huh?

What's the first thing an officer asks for when you're stopped for a traffic violation ? ...

"a Latino citizen studying at Arizona State University, whose New Mexico driver's license would not be accepted as proof of citizenship under the law"

:cuckoo:

what is your issue with the NAMBLA case? are you a thought crime proponent? and they have upheld everyone's right to post freely including yours. the country would be a lot less "free" without the aclu & eff

somehow I think we could manage.. just think our own country with our own borders.. that's clearly something you don't wish for.

Forum List

Back