Acid relux help for coffee lovers (good for spicey food too)

007 and naturalgas, I gotta say - reading through this thread is a trip.

You guys are both saying the same thing in slightly different ways, and having a huge fight about it.

Will you guys both agree on the following facts?

1. Omeprazole is a chemical compound that can help with acid reflux.
2. It is sold under a few brandnames worldwide, including in the US as Prilosec.
3. Prilosec OTC is a low-dose over the counter drug containing Omeprazole as it's active ingredient.
4. With a prescription, higher dose tablets are available, just like almost any over the counter pill.

From what I've read of this thread, you've both agreed to the above facts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What exactly are you fighting about?
No we're not saying the same thing at all.

I am simply trying to impress upon the MORON, stomachgas, that Prilosec is not a DRUG. It is a BRAND NAME under which a DRUG is being SOLD. I've even used screen captures/pictures to dumb it down and SHOW him. Omeprazole on the other hand IS A DRUG, a CHEMICAL, a COMPOUND. It is NOT a BRAND NAME. Omeprazole is a DRUG being LABELED/SOLD under the BRAND NAME of Prilosec. It has been BRANDED as Prilosec, but the ACTIVE INGREDIENT, the DRUG, the actual COMPOUND is OMEPRAZOLE. There is a DIFFERENCE here, one is a BRAND NAME, the other is the ACTUAL DRUG ITSELF. Just like ASPIRIN is sold under the name BAYER, or EXCEDRIN, or whatever. Those are BRAND NAMES under which ASPIRIN is being sold.

I see you understand this by your comment #3, but for whatever reason, call it what you want, stupidity, ignorance, ineptitude, retardation, whatever... stomachgas seems hopelessly incapable of seeing the difference.

Last edited:
OK... I guess some just have to be educated the old fashioned way, with pictures, because they're too stupid to learn from reading.... now you see at the bottom of that screen capture... where it says *BRAND NAME*? Prilosec is the *BRAND NAME*, it is NOT the *DRUG*, as I've been saying all along. Now has that gotten through your thick skull... DUDE? If not, then they're too stupid to learn even the simplest of things a freakin' a second grader can grasp...

omep_zps4b042341.jpg
Cann someone please take over and explain to this moron why the name prilosec is in parenthesis? Fuck this.
For Christ sake, you are one DUMBASS mother fucker. You just can't get it through your thick, ignorant fucking skull that PRILOSEC is a BRAND NAME, and not the name of the DRUG. How fucking STUPID ARE YOU? It's RIGHT THERE in FRONT OF YOUR FACE... fucking READ IT... you retarded sonsabitch...

Dude, its in parenthesis because they are the same fucking thing. Brand name = prilosec. Generic name is = Omeprazol. Are you stoned?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/combating-acid-reflux-may-bring-host-of-ills/
Hmmm... interesting article. I think it's time I have a talk with my doctor about how long I've been taking P.P.I.'s, because it's been well over 15 years.
Well, if you're as nasty to him as you are around here, maybe he doesn't give a fuck if it's harming you.

Your photos aren't showing up again, btw.

Hey guys- just seeing how much interest there is for people who get bad reflux/pain from coffee or pizza/pasta etc.? if a lot of interest I can get into more detail on something I use to help it.
Most suffer at night, or at least I did.

A brick under each headboard post did the trick.

Oh, and managing weight and not pigging out at night.

Forum List

Back