Aches & Pains .. signs of old age

I used to have aches and pains when I would split some wood until I figured out a good way to prevent all the discomfort from chopping wood. I make the wife do it.

Here's what ya need... then you AND the wife can relax...

4414611051_7d6d84e3c6_o.jpg

lucky dog-----I love playing with those !!

I refuse to say that I'm getting old. Even if my eyesight is changing quicker than I imagined and a few grey hairs have taken refuge among my natural blonde ones.

I don't mind getting older, there's pros and cons to every age. The one thing that I was NOT expecting and really, really pisses me off? The bloody close-up vision getting blurry. Every time I try to read something and it's too small and I have to find those freaking otc reading glasses this line from Freaky Friday goes through my head: "I'm old. Oh, I'm like the Cryptkeeper!" Blast!

I used to have aches and pains when I would split some wood until I figured out a good way to prevent all the discomfort from chopping wood. I make the wife do it.

Here's what ya need... then you AND the wife can relax...

4414611051_7d6d84e3c6_o.jpg

lucky dog-----I love playing with those !!

I had the opportunity to build one. Was a lot of fun and it was on the job! We made it with a wedge that split the logs in three and dispensed them onto ramps where they would hobble into bins. But you would still have to organize the wood in the bins.

I don't mind getting older, there's pros and cons to every age. The one thing that I was NOT expecting and really, really pisses me off? The bloody close-up vision getting blurry. Every time I try to read something and it's too small and I have to find those freaking otc reading glasses this line from Freaky Friday goes through my head: "I'm old. Oh, I'm like the Cryptkeeper!" Blast!

That is exactly what's happening with my eyes! Argh! I find myself more and more saying ... "hold on a minute .. let me get my glasses." Sigh ....

IMHO ... Alan Colmes looks like the Cryptkeeper!

Ya bunch of old farts, complaining about your age and aches.

Cloning-R-Us.
Buy your replacement body now! Get em while they're hot (and young)!
Change sexes easily! Genetic abnormalities eradicated! No more aches and pains! Live forever!!

Call us now for your own personal price quote!

Clones460x276.jpg

Oh, geez ...

I'm older than the whole lot of you and nowhere near ready to be "old." Was finally able to get out today and take a walk. Rotten weather and a damaged ankle have kept me sidelined for months. Now I have to work back up to my usual 4 miles a day routine.

The face and bod are still in pretty good shape, hair color is quite useful keeping the gray at bay and contacts are very useful because I hate glasses.

Have to admit that the vertibrae are fused and I have rods, nails, screws, etc. holding my neck together but otherwise I'm in great shape. No aches and pains to really complain about.

Oh, geez ...

I'm older than the whole lot of you and nowhere near ready to be "old." Was finally able to get out today and take a walk. Rotten weather and a damaged ankle have kept me sidelined for months. Now I have to work back up to my usual 4 miles a day routine.

The face and bod are still in pretty good shape, hair color is quite useful keeping the gray at bay and contacts are very useful because I hate glasses.

Have to admit that the vertibrae are fused and I have rods, nails, screws, etc. holding my neck together but otherwise I'm in great shape. No aches and pains to really complain about.

Same here and we might run a contest to see which of us is the oldest. :)

But those aches and pains are rather reassuring that we're still alive and moving and able to do things. It is a bit frustrating to be stiff and sore after playing with the Wii :) but I have found I can still walk at a good clip, sit a horse with relative confidence, and I think my mind is at least in the ball park of being as sharp. I know I am just as silly and am having just as much fun as I did when decades younger.

This just came in my e-mail. Maybe a few of you here can relate to some of it :):

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm the life of the party...... even if it lasts until 8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening childproof caps... with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over...
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not nearly as cute as mine.
I'm so cared for --- long term care, eye care, private care, dental care.

I'm not really grouchy,
I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, lawyers, loud music, unruly kids, Jenny Craig and Toyota commercials, barking dogs, politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.
I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
I'm having trouble remembering simple words like.......
I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.
I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen?
I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?

But on the other hand, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes?

I've noticed as I got older that my body is more hyper-sensitive therefore able to notice the slightest change.

Well just think folks, all these getting old aches and pains are just little things, because when we get REALLY old, we get so bad off we DIE! And I can honestly say that by the time I get to that point, I'll be more than ready to meet my maker.

That is exactly what's happening with my eyes! Argh! I find myself more and more saying ... "hold on a minute .. let me get my glasses." Sigh ....

IMHO ... Alan Colmes looks like the Cryptkeeper!

:lol: I even have my kids read stuff for me if I'm too lazy to go get the glasses.

Alan Combs IS the cryptkeeper.

I think I need a nap...if I don't nap now I'll fall asleep again at 7pm and up at 1am.

(Reprinted from the Senior News Jan2010)

WE MUST STOP THIS!

Have you noticed that stairs are getting steeper, groceries are heavier, and everything id farther away. Yesterday I walked to the corner and was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become.
And you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until their red in the face; What am I a lip reader?
I also think they are much younger than i was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.
I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so I looked at my own reflection...Well really now...even mirrors are not made as well as the used to be.
Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! Your risking your life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them, All i can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.
Clothing manufactures are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20. An for we men the jeans that used to say 34 now read 42. Do they really believe we don't notice that these things no longer fit?
The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank but in reverse, Do they think I actually believe the number i see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much; just who do they think they're fooling?
I'd like to call up someone in authority to report whats going on but the telephone company is in on it too, they've printed the directories in such small print that no one can find a number in there.
All I can do is pass along this warning: We are under attack! Unless something drastic happens everyone will suffer these awful indignities.

Forum List

Back