According to the LGBTQQIP2SAA, the token Negro Black Panther movie does not have gays.

Black? Gays? Mexicans? Republicans want them all dead or gone or both.

But they hate gays the most.

BTW, that is the new acronym. In case you wanted to know what that thing stands for, here is the explanation.

Over time, a number of other additions have been suggested to the LGBT acronym. The most common is Q, signifying “questioning” to recognize that many people are uncertain about their sexual orientation or gender identity (or both). Some also use the Q for queer. At full throttle, the letters wind up something like LGBTQQIP2SAA – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender,

Homophobes are like that vegetarian you know who just can't stop talking about steak.
I'm not a homophobe, I'm just scared of queers. Gotta be something wrong with a man who puts his mouth where another man pees from. But hey, it's ok for you.
Oh, so it's OK for you to do it but not for someone else?

That's not fair.

I think it's really cool to have a popular African- African-American superhero dude film. Why not? I think the gripes from the far right and far left white people are from a) the term "Black Panther" implies the historical revolutionary group (this freaks out white Republican types) and, b) there may not be an alternative sexual orientation theme ( the sexual orientation criticism). Other than these two weak, lame criticisms it seems that the film is well received by both audiences and critics. Good. Well done.

Apparently, the Negro "people" believe this movie (you know a token super hero) is the most important thing that has ever happened to the Negro "people."

Really, the only people I see making a big deal about this film are racist white people who are freaking out that a super hero is black guy.

If that's true, it's because you aren't seeing much about the movie. There are plenty of people making a big deal out of it for various reasons, from the racial aspect, to the record-breaking box office numbers, to simple opinions on it's merit as a Marvel movie.
White people are the ones supporting this movie. So the racist bs these people keep spouting is just that...bs.

Apparently, the Negro "people" believe this movie (you know a token super hero) is the most important thing that has ever happened to the Negro "people."

Really, the only people I see making a big deal about this film are racist white people who are freaking out that a super hero is black guy.

If that's true, it's because you aren't seeing much about the movie. There are plenty of people making a big deal out of it for various reasons, from the racial aspect, to the record-breaking box office numbers, to simple opinions on it's merit as a Marvel movie.
White people are the ones supporting this movie. So the racist bs these people keep spouting is just that...bs.

I did read that Black Panther has gotten far greater numbers of black audience members than other Marvel movies. I will try to look that up to provide a link, but I don't know just how they would determine such a thing; do movie theaters keep racial information for ticket purchases?

OK, I found an article that says 37% of ticket buyers were black, 35% white, and 18% hispanic for opening weekend. Normally, according to the article, a "tentpole superhero movie" has about 15% black audience members. That would indicate that, in this case, it is not true that "white people are the ones supporting this movie," or at least white people are not the majority supporting the movie.

Black Panther Has Already Broken Box-Office Records

The actual quote:
Black Panther is also unprecedented in terms of its audience demographics. Audiences for superhero movies have, in the past, been mostly white. But Black Panther’s opening-weekend demographics, according to comScore, show that 37 percent of ticket buyers were black, 35 percent were white, and 18 percent were Hispanic. Normally, black audience members make up about 15 percent for a tentpole superhero movie.

I did read that Black Panther has gotten far greater numbers of black audience members than other Marvel movies. I will try to look that up to provide a link, but I don't know just how they would determine such a thing; do movie theaters keep racial information for ticket purchases?

OK, I found an article that says 37% of ticket buyers were black, 35% white, and 18% hispanic for opening weekend. Normally, according to the article, a "tentpole superhero movie" has about 15% black audience members. That would indicate that, in this case, it is not true that "white people are the ones supporting this movie," or at least white people are not the majority supporting the movie.

The actual quote:
Black Panther is also unprecedented in terms of its audience demographics. Audiences for superhero movies have, in the past, been mostly white. But Black Panther’s opening-weekend demographics, according to comScore, show that 37 percent of ticket buyers were black, 35 percent were white, and 18 percent were Hispanic. Normally, black audience members make up about 15 percent for a tentpole superhero movie.
Doubt they even know that to be true. For instance I went today...purchased tickets online...no where did they ask my race.

The actual quote:
Doubt they even know that to be true. For instance I went today...purchased tickets online...no where did they ask my race.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that information would come from. The article says it comes from something called comScore.

Forum List

Back