According to the FBI, Hispanics do not commit crimes

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
According to the FBI Hispanics do not commit crimes - Norfolk Crime Examiner.com

snip,
Source said:
The 2012 UCR listed the total number of crimes committed by "whites," "blacks," "American Indian or Alaskan natives" and even those committed by "Asian or Pacific Islanders (who only accounted for 1.2 percent of the nation's crimes)." But, none by Hispanics.

Is this simply an oversight?...Could the FBI be so incompetent that they are unaware of the existence of this nation's large Hispanic population?

Apparently, that is not the case, since the FBI does list Hispanics as victims of crime. The 2012 report states: "Rates of serious violent victimization for whites, blacks, and Hispanics remained stable from 2011 to 2012."

This isn't really news, since many of us knew this already. I'm just glad somebody is finally reporting it. I still find it funny (not funny ha-ha but funny odd) how the government can classify people differently depending upon whether they committed a crime or were the victim of a crime.
Bottom line,
Hispanic that commits a crime = White person
Hispanic that is victim of crime = Hispanic (non-white) person

Hispanics are members of both the white race and non-white race.
Technically speaking, so are most blacks, asians, pacific islanders and native americans in the USA..
The point is,
They (Hispanics) are identified (by the government) as white when committing a crime, but as Hispanic when the victim of a crime.
Would you think it correct if your child was labeled as white if he/she committed crime but labeled as black if he/she was a victim crime?
I ask this question because you have previously stated that you are white and that your wife is black.

Being Hispanic isn't necessarily a skin color. Hispanic is anyone who's language is Spanish, which encompasses white Spaniards and Black Cubans. I agree that the media uses their ethnic backgrounds sort of loosely.

Being Hispanic isn't necessarily a skin color. Hispanic is anyone who's language is Spanish, which encompasses white Spaniards and Black Cubans. I agree that the media uses their ethnic backgrounds sort of loosely.
Evidently, the FBI and law enforcement has specific guidelines about their ethnic heritage
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf

Edit to add, you didn't answer my question.

Last edited:
Evidently, the FBI and law enforcement has specific guidelines about their ethnic heritage
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf

Edit to add, you didn't answer my question.
I answered it the best I could with the information I have.

Forum List

Back