Accepting his loss, obama blows off debate prep.

These debates are for the voters and not for the media or the pundits...
Liberals will always say their candidate won,republicans the same.
And then we have Ed Schultz....
I bet he says at some point "Obama hit it out of the park"....
But Schultz always says that.

Romney did horrid during the primary debates... Why would he do any better next to Obama? If anything the best hand Obama has to play is to remember quotes of Mitt along with a date of when Mitt once supported Obama's policy...

No one that does better than Newt Gingrich does horrible. Horrible belongs to Rick Perry.

obama doesn't have a good hand to play. There might be various reasons for his lack of practice. He is so arrogant he might think that his innate brilliance by carry him, or assume the voters are so stupid nothing that happens during the debate will affect the outcome.

The one thing that is certain is no matter how well or how badly obama does, democrats will say he was superlative and won hands down.

Exactly, Obama has been relying on spin, and his minions, his whole term in office, why should that change now? It won't be about the Debates, but how they are reported.

obama doesn't have a good hand to play. There might be various reasons for his lack of practice. He is so arrogant he might think that his innate brilliance by carry him, or assume the voters are so stupid nothing that happens during the debate will affect the outcome.

1. I think Obama's campaign is trying to lower expectations for Obama's debate performance which is always a wise thing to do. Most likely Obama will do OK but not spectacular. If people are expecting spectacular, OK looks like a failure ("Romney looked so weak why couldn't Obama just blow him out? What's wrong with Obama?")

2. Obama has a great advantage. For the last three and a half years, he has been getting briefings on every conceivable issue the debates might bring up. Romney has been a businessman, governor, and Republican primary candidate. This leaves him both very light on many national issues and dangerously vulnerable to confuse his general election audience with his primary debate audiences.

Romney is forced to swing for a knockout. Obama only has to play defense

With his 47% debacle, Romney has provided Obama with more than enough ammo to fend off anything on the economy
Romney cannot trash Obamacare without defending Romneycare
On Foreign Policy, Romney is a neophyte and cannot compete with Obama

All Challengers need a decisive win.

Romney has to go for an early knockout in the debates. He needs to win the first debate and do it in the first hour

Romney will have to take chances in the hopes of flustering the President and forcing him into an embarassing sound bite

The risk is Romney coming off as unlikable....more unlikeable than he is right now

All Romney has to do is show he has a set of balls.
If he can get obama stammering as he often does without TOTUS, he wins hands down.

Romney did horrid during the primary debates... Why would he do any better next to Obama? If anything the best hand Obama has to play is to remember quotes of Mitt along with a date of when Mitt once supported Obama's policy...

No one that does better than Newt Gingrich does horrible. Horrible belongs to Rick Perry.

The one thing that is certain is no matter how well or how badly obama does, democrats will say he was superlative and won hands down.

Most of his base will be watching Bridezillas anyway. He won't lose any votes.

yep, unless Obama is being fed in his ear, he is gonna fall flat on his face. :lol:

Sadly, Obama will win the debate.

First, Obama is a Chicago-style politician and I would expect him to secure the debate questions in advance, either by threat or bribe. This is the way things are done in the Windy City.

Second, he will tell lies about obscure events which the opponent cannot challenge because he would need time to research the claim. In the Obama/McCain debate, the candidates were discussing the severe economic problems caused by the mortgage loan crisis. Obama claimed that the Republicans did nothing to prevent it, but that he had filed a lawsuit to attempt to avoid the crises. This was a blatant lie, but there was no way for McCain to disprove it at that time. In actuality, Obama did file a lawsuit but it was not to avert the problem. His lawsuit was to secure even MORE bad loans for his constituency. Unfortunately for McCain, he had no knowledge of the lawsuit Obama filed since it never made the National news. Obama lied, but I have to admit it was great strategy.

Third, the words a candidate says are not as important as his image. For those people who doubt the importance of image, I will remind everyone that in the 1960 Nixon/Kennedy debate, polls showed that those who listened to the debate on radio thought Nixon was the clear winner; however, those who watched the debate on TV thought Kennedy won handily. Political analyst at the time opined that the reason that Kennedy outscored Nixon with the TV viewers was that Kennedy appeared youthful, energetic, confident and sincere; however, Nixon, who had refused makeup, sweated profusely under the hot lights and appeared nervous, anxious and insecure. Some viewers even said he appeared to be dishonest. I think that most people would agree that Obama has charisma and Romney is somewhat lacking in this attribute. That is one hell of an advantage for Obama.

Fourth, debates are not as structured as they should be and candidates are allowed to get off subject. Obama will be told what talking points to make and he will deliver regardless of the questions asked. Not only will he deliver, but he will do so convincingly. He knows what will resonate with the viewers and he will win them over.

We shall see.

Romney is giving extra attention to obama's lies and might well start cutting the strings that hold them together.

Have you seen the polls? Romney is losing... When Obama gets re-elected, what excuse will you guys use?

Kind of depends on which polls you look at doesn't it? The poll with the best record of calling presidential elections says you are wrong. Time will tell.

Why do people keep claiming Rasmussen has the best record? Other firms were closer last cycle, and Rasmussen's numbers always skew wildly in favor of the Republicans, then someone how magically converge on what everyone else has a couple of weeks before the election.

Blows off debate prep.
Blows off intelligence briefings.
Doesn't hold meetings with his jobs advisers for almost a year.
Doesn't have time for world leaders.

But he has plenty of time for the talk shows...

What a guy.... :eusa_clap:

Blows off debate prep.

How do you blow off meetings that didn't occur?

Last edited:
Blows off debate prep.

Heh Heh Heh...That's my point.
No meetings.

Romney is giving extra attention to obama's lies and might well start cutting the strings that hold them together.

I hope so, but I have this nagging doubtful feeling. What concerns my is that Romney has never dealt with anyone like Obama before. I believe Obama is the most prolific liar and the most convincing liar in all or U.S. politics, and that's saying a lot.

During the Obama/McCain debates, when Obama said he had filed a lawsuit to help prevent the mortgage crisis, McCain didn't challenge him. I didn't believe Obama, but at moment I couldn't prove he was lying. I had to research the subject to find out that the purpose of his lawsuit was to get even MORE bad loans for his constituents. I look at how many people Obama has already duped and It's scary.

Getting away with lying is easy when the lie cannot be immediately detected and research is required to develop the truth. On March 15, 1998, Kathleen Willey, former White House volunteer, accused Bill Clinton of groping her when she went to his office on November 29, 1993. When Clinton was asked about the accusation, he responded that he only give Willey a hug to console her because she was grieving over her husband's suicide. His explanation was readily accepted; however, there is just one little problem with Clinton's explanation, a fatal flaw: at the very moment Willey was in Clinton's office, no one – including Willey - knew of her husband's death. His body was found in the woods on November 30, the day after Willey's visit. Bill lied, and that is an indisputable fact, yet today many people still believe his story and the press doesn't give a damn.

Romney has to go for an early knockout in the debates. He needs to win the first debate and do it in the first hour

Romney will have to take chances in the hopes of flustering the President and forcing him into an embarassing sound bite

The risk is Romney coming off as unlikable....more unlikeable than he is right now

He has no choice.
He is the challenger and has had a less then stellar trip to the WH so far..I'm being kind here.
No matter how well Romney does the Obama followers and the media will claim total victory
for Obama.If this was a 10 round fight and Romney wins 9 on points and Obama wins 1 on points Ed Schultz and that whole crowd over at MSNBC will score it as a knockout for Obama.

Mitt needs to score a total and complete victory for the media to say he did fairly well.

A majority of the media will declare Romney the loser regardless. Obama has his four years of being a failure yet the media fails to report it as so. Why would they start with the debates? This economy that is complete shit and getting worse is Romney's fault you know?

Forum List

Back