CDZ ACA Layoffs?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
While most of the layoffs that have been announced cite other causes in public statements to avoid retaliation the timing in most cases are suspicious.

Cisco suddenly discovered that the company was old tech after finding out the probable costs coming up?

In other cases like the mass exodus from IL is adequately explained by the state budget problems. Ruby Tuesday's getting out of the state completely is somewhat unusual but the exit lane is pretty much bumper to bumper anyway.

However a Fed survey .that offers confidentiality to respondents indicates mass layoffs in NY due to the ACA are planned.

But will the word get out in time? And will it change votes?

While most of the layoffs that have been announced cite other causes in public statements to avoid retaliation the timing in most cases are suspicious.

Cisco suddenly discovered that the company was old tech after finding out the probable costs coming up?

In other cases like the mass exodus from IL is adequately explained by the state budget problems. Ruby Tuesday's getting out of the state completely is somewhat unusual but the exit lane is pretty much bumper to bumper anyway.

However a Fed survey .that offers confidentiality to respondents indicates mass layoffs in NY due to the ACA are planned.

But will the word get out in time? And will it change votes?

Nope. Liberals are too stupid to digest anything except the fodder they are fed by the Liberal media.

I wish I could refute that but I can't The FBI director came as close as he could within Lawyer conference confidentiality to saying that Hillary was not competent to stand trial. That got zero play.

The employment situation has vastly improved since the ACA was passed...as has the overall economy. That dog don't hunt.

That said.....I would love to see massive layoffs in the health insurance industry. That is a needless industry which only serves to make our health care costs
higher.

Medicare for all.....saves money and lives. Join forces with those of us who wish to truly keep America great.

The employment situation has vastly improved since the ACA was passed...as has the overall economy. That dog don't hunt.

That said.....I would love to see massive layoffs in the health insurance industry. That is a needless industry which only serves to make our health care costs
higher.

Medicare for all.....saves money and lives. Join forces with those of us who wish to truly keep America great.

Yes, by all means the only logical response to soaring health insurance costs is to put the government entirely in charge of health insurance

My God you people are insane.

higher.

Yes, by all means the only logical response to soaring health insurance costs is to put the government entirely in charge of health insurance

That is the logical response. It has been proven in dozens of industrialized, democratic nations. They spend less and are healthier than we are. Fewer of their citizens go without timely, adequate care. Virtually none go broke over medical bills. Their doctors are well paid and respected. They have systems that are better than ours. Pay attention. Be intellectually curious. It is so boring trying to discuss this issue with people who don't care to grasp the facts.

We will have single payer. It is the right path.

higher.

That is the logical response. It has been proven in dozens of industrialized, democratic nations. They spend less and are healthier than we are. Fewer of their citizens go without timely, adequate care. Virtually none go broke over medical bills. Their doctors are well paid and respected. They have systems that are better than ours. Pay attention. Be intellectually curious. It is so boring trying to discuss this issue with people who don't care to grasp the facts.

Yes, except that you forget that people from around the world flock to US when they need medical procedures if they can afford it at all. Why ? Because of course we have the BEST care available, if you can afford it.

You think that stays the same if we let the USG start managing healthcare costs? Give me a break. We already see doctors offices dropping off medicair/medicaid because the don't pay enough. Do you now suggest a law forcing them to accept what the government deems to be the correct fee?

You big government progressives ignore every fact to get where you want to go. EVERY fact.

higher.

Yes, except that you forget that people from around the world flock to US when they need medical procedures if they can afford it at all. Why ? Because of course we have the BEST care available, if you can afford it.

You think that stays the same if we let the USG start managing healthcare costs? Give me a break. We already see doctors offices dropping off medicair/medicaid because the don't pay enough. Do you now suggest a law forcing them to accept what the government deems to be the correct fee?

You big government progressives ignore every fact to get where you want to go. EVERY fact.

Please give me the numbers behind your claim that people from around the world flock to the US for medical procedures.

When all care is single payer, doctors will provide services for all patients. It's proven to work in dozens of modern economies. Profit has no place in health care.

higher.

I suspect you are the only person on this thread that forgot to put LL on ignore. Just click on him then hit ignore and have a happier life.

higher.

Please give me the numbers behind your claim that people from around the world flock to the US for medical procedures.

When all care is single payer, doctors will provide services for all patients. It's proven to work in dozens of modern economies. Profit has no place in health care.

Profit has EVERY place in healthcare, why would someone smart enough to create medicine that cures diseases or perform brain surgery enter a field that they couldn't earn a profit? Good Lord man

There's profit and there's profit. decent research into off label use of patent expired drugs would cut drug expenses by a huge amount.but paying for that to reduce mediicare costs is a hard sell.Worse yet it would do serious damage to Big Pharma and campaign contributions,

higher.

Profit has EVERY place in healthcare, why would someone smart enough to create medicine that cures diseases or perform brain surgery enter a field that they couldn't earn a profit? Good Lord man

You didn't provide the numbers.

Profit is in healthcare here. Yes. It shouldn't be. Saying "good lord, man" is weak. Single payer removes the profit incentive which prevents people from getting care. It's the right thing to do...and it will be done.

Profit is in healthcare here. Yes. It shouldn't be. Saying "good lord, man" is weak. Single payer removes the profit incentive which prevents people from getting care. It's the right thing to do...and it will be done.

That's ridiculous beyond words. Have a good evening

Seeing one side of a flame war is interesting but if I'm correct the layoffs will hit a week before the election. An increase on 1-3% in UE will be a wonderful gift for the beast and Trump too. With Johnson and Stein as escape valves Hillary could end up in fourth place and no one in their right mind in the house will vote for Trump so he will be a threat. But all in all my money will be on Johnson.

I don't see it going that way now, I have a feeling we will be going back to some variation of our old system.

We rejected the metric system in the late 70s

Both are not the american way.

Forum List

Back