ACA and the stock market

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

And tank it did, to the tune of +277:badgrin:

After one of biggest corporate giveaways of all time? Can't imagine why it would go down.

Old Rocks did you know that about 80-90% of rhe Stock Markets volume is done by automatic computer trading?

That means that the stock market isn't driven by humans, but by robots!

It's all a scam, just like global warming.

My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

And tank it did, to the tune of +277:badgrin:

You have absolutely no concept whatsoever of how the stock market works.

I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to shut the fuck up now.

And I will politely ask you why don't you just stick that cigar up your ass.

I wasn't the one that made that silly prediction, it was one of you dingleberry 'Conservatives'.

And I will politely ask you why don't you just stick that cigar up your ass.

I wasn't the one that made that silly prediction, it was one of you dingleberry 'Conservatives'.

I don't give a fuck who predicted what.

You don't understand how the stock market works.

Old Rocks did you know that about 80-90% of rhe Stock Markets volume is done by automatic computer trading?

That means that the stock market isn't driven by humans, but by robots!

It's all a scam, just like global warming.

So then the republican claim that US would be immediately destroyed by SCOTUS upholding Obamacare was not only bullshit, but indicates that every republican and pundit is scamming us?

Yes, that was ONE of the doomsayers' chants. And the Iraq death toll is 'minor' also, the trillion+ cost will be covered by the oil, remember?

I understand that murkins and Eurotrash need to eat, and they need things to carry them electricity to prep, cook and preserve their slop.. I'll hold, for the moment.

Who cares ?

The stock market goes up on health care stocks.....imagine that.

Does this mean the left now likes Wall Street.

Or is this just another bit of selective love ?

Sokar is not clueless about the stock market yet swift is not the description to give him either.

The market is hoping the central banks in Europe will stabilize the problem with the Euro caused, in part, by our commercial mortgage bundles melt down. That, and the lessening of demand for energy by China and India (down 20% recently), are far more important than the ruling on ACA.

You do realize that when the Court's decision was read yesterday, the market went down about 160 pts in 10 minutes and after the House vote to hold holder in contempt, it recovered all but 25 points. Today's gains can be attributed to the news DoJ lied about wire taps.

You do realiz]se that when the Court's decision was read yesterday, the market went down about 160 pts in 10 minutes and after the House vote to hold holder in contempt, it recovered all but 25 points. Today's gains can be attributed to the news DoJ lied about wire taps.

Or the sun spots.

You do realiz]se that when the Court's decision was read yesterday, the market went down about 160 pts in 10 minutes and after the House vote to hold holder in contempt, it recovered all but 25 points. Today's gains can be attributed to the news DoJ lied about wire taps.

Or the sun spots.

Makes as much sense as Old Rocks in the Head's OP.
You can spin it what ever way you want.

Euro, government stability in Europe, lessening energy demand in China and India, or

. . . your silliness, which is about the equal of sun spots.

Euro, government stability in Europe, lessening energy demand in China and India, or

. . . your silliness, which is about the equal of sun spots. And let me amend: littledeb_fascist or sillykoshergirl's suggestion.

Americans are evenly divided, 46 percent to 46 percent, on whether they support the Supreme Court's decision to uphold President Barack Obama's health care reform on Thursday, according to a new Gallup poll. Nearly 80 percent of Democrats agree with the court, compared to 45 percent of independents and only 13 percent of Republicans. Americans evenly divided on court

Forum List

Back