Abu Hamza to be extradited to USA

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
After several years of playing the legal system, radical islamist Abu Hamza has lost his latest appeal in the London High court and will be extradited to the USA to stand trial for terrorism. Let’s hope he spends the rest of his life getting his arse reamed in a supermax prison.

Radical Islamist cleric Abu Hamza and four other terror suspects fail in their bid to halt their extradition from the UK to the US to stand trial on terrorism charges.

The high court ruled today that the hook-handed preacher can be extradited to the US to face terrorism-related charges. In a last-ditch effort to avoid extradition to the US, Abu Hamza's lawyers this week blamed the UK for harsh treatment that left the hate cleric with health problems, including depression.
The court also rejected appeals by four other men who now face US extradition - Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Adel Abdul Bary and Khaled Al-Fawwaz. The men appealed complaining they would be subject to "ill treatment" if sent to the US for trial. UK judges rejected those submissions and ordered their removal from the UK.
"These proceedings are the latest and, if we refuse permission, the last, in a lengthy process of appeals and applications that has continued for some eight years in the case of three and 14 years in the case of two," the judges said in their ruling today.
In relation to Abu Hamza's claims of ill-health, the judges stated: "We were wholly unpersuaded that on the evidence the he was unfit to plead. We concluded that if Abu Hamza might be unfit to plead, because of sleep deprivation and physical conditions at HMP Belmarsh, then this condition being treatable could be treated in the United States.
"If any potential unfitness to plead was emerging from a degenerative condition of the brain, the court concluded that the sooner he is put on trial the better."
Abu Hamza, 54, ex-preacher of Finsbury Park mosque in north London, faces the most serious charges. He was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment in Britain in 2006 for inciting hatred, and US authorities accuse him of being in contact with Taliban and al-Qaeda terrorists, and of being involved in a plot to take 16 western tourists as hostages in Yemen in December 1998. Four people were killed during that incident.

Abu Hamza fails in final bid to halt US extradition - Channel 4 News

That was quick! Hamza and four other islamist snakes were flown out of the UK last night and will be appearing in US courts within days. Let's hope they never walk the streets again.

Radical cleric Abu Hamza has left British soil and is due to arrive in the United States with four other terror suspects after being deported from the UK, Home Secretary Theresa May said today.
Speaking after the US-bound flights had taken off from RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk, Mrs May said: "I can confirm that tonight two planes have left RAF Mildenhall to transport Abu Hamza, Babar Ahmad, Adel Abdul Bary, Syed Ahsan and Khalid al-Fawwaz to the US to face trial.

"I am pleased the decision of the court today meant that these men, who used every available opportunity to frustrate and delay the extradition process over many years, could finally be removed.

"This government has co-operated fully with the courts and pressed at every stage to ensure this happened.

"We have worked tirelessly, alongside the US authorities, the police and the prison service, to put plans in place so that tonight these men could be handed over within hours of the court's decision.

"It is right that these men, who are all accused of very serious offences, will finally face justice."

Abu Hamza leaves Britain after final appeal fails - Telegraph

That was quick! Hamza and four other islamist snakes were flown out of the UK last night and will be appearing in US courts within days. Let's hope they never walk the streets again.

Radical cleric Abu Hamza has left British soil and is due to arrive in the United States with four other terror suspects after being deported from the UK, Home Secretary Theresa May said today.
Speaking after the US-bound flights had taken off from RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk, Mrs May said: "I can confirm that tonight two planes have left RAF Mildenhall to transport Abu Hamza, Babar Ahmad, Adel Abdul Bary, Syed Ahsan and Khalid al-Fawwaz to the US to face trial.

"I am pleased the decision of the court today meant that these men, who used every available opportunity to frustrate and delay the extradition process over many years, could finally be removed.

"This government has co-operated fully with the courts and pressed at every stage to ensure this happened.

"We have worked tirelessly, alongside the US authorities, the police and the prison service, to put plans in place so that tonight these men could be handed over within hours of the court's decision.

"It is right that these men, who are all accused of very serious offences, will finally face justice."

Abu Hamza leaves Britain after final appeal fails - Telegraph

Good news. Failed appeal, straight to the airport and on the plane. Now, his ass is ours. He's doomed. Unless, of course, POTUS thinks it's mean to punish terrorists.

Let’s hope he spends the rest of his life getting his arse reamed in a supermax prison.

Can someone please, please tell me why we don't have one of those in the UK? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd start screaming in the dock if I knew was destined to spend the rest of my days in a living tomb.

Let’s hope he spends the rest of his life getting his arse reamed in a supermax prison.

Can someone please, please tell me why we don't have one of those in the UK? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd start screaming in the dock if I knew was destined to spend the rest of my days in a living tomb.

The EU. That's your explanation. Simples.

Indeed. But surely you meant to write the EUSSR?

And an over-abundance of bleeding heart liberalists.

And an over-abundance of bleeding heart liberalists.

I loath to be so pedantic on such a joyous occasion, but surely you meant to write 'cancer of the West'?

Hamza had previously been convicted in London on charges of inciting racial hatred and encouraging followers to kill non-Muslims under the Public Order Act 1986 and it was obvious that he posed a danger to the public but committing a hate crime was not a good enough reason for him to be deported to Jordan where he could be tortured according to European judicial authorities and his terrorism charges were largely unsubstantiated. But the US came to the rescue to solve Britain's legal conundrum and the European Court of Human Rights was finally convinced that incarcerating him at ADX Florence in Colorado would not violate his human rights and it's a victory for the coalition government which fought lengthy and frustrating legal battles for years to extradite him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back