Abu Hamza found guilty

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2004
52.5 N 1.5 W
Yep, the firebrand handless UK muslim cleric has been found guilty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4689556.stm
Hamza guilty of inciting murder

Abu Hamza has been found guilty on 11 of the 15 charges he faced
Controversial Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri has been found guilty of race hate charges and using his sermons to incite murder by an Old Bailey jury.
Abu Hamza, who preached at Finsbury Park mosque, London, was found guilty of 11 of the 15 charges he faced.

The cleric was also found guilty of having audio and video recordings intended to encourage racial hatred.

In addition, the 47 year old was also found guilty of possessing a document to be used for terror purposes.

The Shepherd's Bush-based preacher, who was arrested in May 2004, was said to have given inflammatory sermons that used unequivocal language.

The jury heard that he did not aim his vitriolic rhetoric only against Jews, unbelievers and the democratic West.

In Abu Hamza's numerous lectures and sermons, targets included homosexual vicars, the tourist industry, the royal family and women in bikinis.

His defence had been that he was encouraging Muslims to stand up for themselves.

Watch this space for his sentencing at 14:15 GMT (He's wanted for extradition to the US):)

Guilty of 6 charges of soliciting to murder
Guilty of 3 charges related to "stirring up racial hatred"
Guilty of 1 charge of owning recordings related to "stirring up racial hatred"
Guilty of 1 charge of possessing "terrorist encyclopaedia"
Not guilty of 3 charges of soliciting to murder
Not guilty of 1 charge related to "stirring up racial hatred"

---

Looks like the court did the right thing.

It seems that no-one knows how he lost his hands and one of his eyes (apparently it happened while he was in Afghanistan in the '90s). He himself is silent on the subject.

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

8236 said:
It seems that no-one knows how he lost his hands and one of his eyes (apparently it happened while he was in Afghanistan in the '90s). He himself is silent on the subject.

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

From an In an interview with the CBC:

CBC:
How did you loose your hands?

Abu Hamza:
I lost my hands in Afghanistan. I was helping the Kashmirs and the Afghanis in roads in engineering work and then the mine blew up.

Other think he was making a bomb and it blew up.

http://www.cbc.ca/national/news/recruiters/hamza_interview.html

lol Exactly what I thought.
A landmine would have got his legs, unless ofcourse he was fiddling around with it for some other purpose...
(CBC is obviously better informed than BBC TV regarding this matter):)

Forum List

Back