Abu Ghraib officer's sentence: Reprimand

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By DAVID DISHNEAU, Associated Press Writer
Wed Aug 29, 4:49 PM ET

FORT MEADE, Md. - A military jury recommended a reprimand Wednesday for the only officer court-martialed in the Abu Ghraib abuse scandal, sparing him any prison time for disobeying an order to keep silent about the abuse investigation.

The jury had acquitted Army Lt. Col. Steven L. Jordan a day earlier of all three charges directly related to the mistreatment of detainees at the U.S.-run prison in Iraq.

Those acquittals absolved Jordan, 51, of responsibility for the actions of 11 lower-ranking soldiers who have already been convicted for their roles at Abu Ghraib. The allegations surfaced after the release of photographs showing U.S. soldiers grinning alongside naked detainees held in humiliating positions at the prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070829/ap_on_re_us/abu_ghraib_jordan

I'm undecided on this one. Even if not personally involved, it appears he WAS responsible for his subordinates.

It's a complete coverup, Gunny.

I'm undecided on this one. Even if not personally involved, it appears he WAS responsible for his subordinates.

You know as well as I do that if either of us were caught and subsequently convicted in our necessary scrounging schemes that our leaders would have never even had to answer for it. It's a tough world, ain't it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back