Absurd Military Waste

The top heaviness of the military was always an issue for the entire 20 years I was active duty. That it has become even more top heavy is outrageous.

There is also absolutely no justification for continuing the war level kind of spending that took off after 9/11.

One war is over, and the other is winding down. Continuing on the spending is completely indefensible.

27xqfxt.gif

Government = Waste

But funny you don't see whacko Salon pointing at the waste in entitlements or agencies that cater to their voter group, now do you??

I think each side of the aisle goes overboard protecting their own sacred cows.

We need deep cuts in both entitlement and defense spending, period.

I cannot take anyone seriously who believes otherwise.

it will be interesting, after the country goes over the cliff if the stock market will not go up a few hundred points.

Oh no.....the Air Force Academy has a golf course that people pay to use.....oh the horror!!! How dare they have a golf course for military to spend R&R on their days off??? They even pay dues to play there, amazing.

The AF Academy Golf Course is nowhere near the Broadmoor in quality or proximity.....idiots.

Oh no....4-star Generals and Admirals fly on C-40 jets like Senators, Congressmen, the SecDef, POTUS, VPOTUS, etc. Well, when one needs to be in DC for a meeting with the POTUS, the 4-star doesn't get on a pubic plane in his uniform for security and safety reasons in addition to time schedules.

These 4-stars run billion dollar organizations responsible for defending the USA....the OP's pathetic life doesn't measure up, so he is jealous.

Sure some of the GO/FO numbers should be trimmed down, but it's not like they don't work compared to many people in Congress with bigger staffs and more vacations.

We are spending twice as much as pre-9/11.

There simply is no justification for continuing that kind of war level spending.

None.

This has a remarkable resemblance to the housing bubble:

34ql1zs.png

Government = Waste

But funny you don't see whacko Salon pointing at the waste in entitlements or agencies that cater to their voter group, now do you??

And I, for one, have said this all along.. DoD should be audited.. find and eliminate waste, stop paying contractors who are in breech, eliminate redundant projects and programs, etc... but remember that the fed is actually constitutionally charged with national defense.. it is not charged to be a nanny for everyone's personal needs, which is why I would support deeper cuts in entitlements (personal and corporate) including complete elimination of the programs

Well...idiot, there's this war against terrorism going on even if you liberals call it the OCO, not the GWOT.

The DoD budget took close to a $500B cut in last year's spending and is going to take another $500B if Congress doesn't make a deal with Obamination.

The DoD budget makes up 18% of the entire budget, so shut up about how the DoD isn't doing its part with cuts, etc. Entitlements are over 50% of the budget BEFORE OBAMCARE kicks in....

We are spending twice as much as pre-9/11.

There simply is no justification for continuing that kind of war level spending.

None.

Government = Waste

And I, for one, have said this all along.. DoD should be audited.. find and eliminate waste, stop paying contractors who are in breech, eliminate redundant projects and programs, etc... but remember that the fed is actually constitutionally charged with national defense.. it is not charged to be a nanny for everyone's personal needs, which is why I would support deeper cuts in entitlements (personal and corporate) including complete elimination of the programs

34ql1zs.png

The DoD budget will get smaller and smaller as we leave Afghanistan.

The DoD budget is taking around 50% of the $1T in Sequestration cuts, while entitlements which gobble up the Federal budget are getting a pass. The DoD budget is tiny compared to the entitlements that are not Constitutional.

Entitlements need to be slashed to make a real dent in the debt and to align the Govt with the US Constitution. There is nothing in the US Constitution about welfare, Obamacare, etc....but it talks to a military budget with a standing US Army and US Navy.

34ql1zs.png

You can show all the pretty graphs you want.. the graph does not differentiate between need and waste... that is the key... not just saying that it is too much when the fed is actually charged to provide national defense... The fed is not charged to give entitlements for personal or corporate upkeep.. so while the DoD can be trimmed, the entitlements can be cut immensely more and should be eliminated all together IMHO

Idiot...the DoD is taking the brunt of the cuts right now.

Morons like you talk out your ass about the DoD being some blackhole while you push for the $2.6T Obamacare on taxpayers....

I have to laugh at people who claim to want limited government, but see no issue with our huge ever expanding military complex. :lmao:

There are no sacred cows, cut entitlements, cut defense.

Let's break this down for the simpleton liberals....

Say a city mayor believes it is his job to funnel city money to a food bank, jobs center, etc...typical entitlement spending and this spending eats up over 50% of the city budget. He even lowers the standards to use these facilities so soon 47% of the city is sucking money from the budget using these growing programs.

So in order to save money at the end of year, he slashes the police force and their budget that is only 18% of the city budget while he lets the entitlement spending escape cuts.

The city has less police on the street and crime goes up....but hey the bums have a place to hangout eating free food!!!

Wait...that is DETROIT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back