Abstinence-Supporting GOP State Lawmaker Admits To Sex With 22-Year-Old Intern

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Paging Keith Olbermann. You can call off the search...we've found your Worst Person in the World for tonight.

Meet Tennessee state senator Paul Stanley. He's a solid conservative Republican and married father of two, who according to his website is "a member of Christ United Methodist Church, where he serves as a Sunday school teacher and board member of their day school." (Check out the religious imagery on the site -- the sun poking through clouds, as if manifesting God's presence -- which of course shows Stanley's deeply pious nature.)

Stanley recently sponsored a bill designed to prevent gay couples from adopting children. And when a Planned Parenthood official recently sought his support for family planning services for Memphis teens, Stanley told her, according to the official, that he "didn't believe young people should have sex before marriage anyway, that his faith and church are important to him, and he wants to promote abstinence."

So far, so far Republican. But you can see where this is going...

In a sworn affidavit, a Tennessee state investigator has said that Stanley admitted to having a "sexual relationship" with a 22-year-old female intern working in his office, and to taking nude pictures of her in "provocative poses" in his apartment.

Things started to unravel for Stanley, it seems, in April, when he received a text message reading:

Good morning sir, how are you this fine day? McKensie and I have been talking and I feel that I have a video and some pictures you might be interested in seeing. This is her boyfriend, that guy you met outside Walgreens.

That was the start of an effort by the girl's boyfriend to blackmail Stanley, which ultimately led to Stanley going to the cops. The boyfriend is now charged with trying to extort $10,000 from Stanley.

Oh, bonus! Stanley works as a financial adviser for the Stanford Financial Group, whose founder, Allen Stanford, has been charged with orchestrating an $8 billion scam.

Wonder if Stanley stays at C Street when he's in DC.

Late Update: It gets worse. In 1994, Stanley's first wife, Judy Martin, filed for a restraining order against him, charging that he had physically assaulted her three times. She wrote: "He was going out the door to leave our house and he hit me with a tremendous blow and then he proceeded to turn and run away from me outside the garage to the street." Stanley and Martin divorced the following year.

According to the Nashville Post, Stanley met his current wife, Kristi Stanley, soon afterwards, while both were working for Bill Frist's U.S. Senate office in Memphis. She was working as -- an intern.

Abstinence-Supporting GOP State Lawmaker Admits To Sex With 22-Year-Old Intern | TPMMuckraker

paul-stanley-muck.jpg

Let's start taking bets which poster brings up Bill Clinton first. (and I don't count! :tongue:)

Here EZ,

Let me help you lose that bet.

Do you know what Bill Clinton did while he was President?

Bet you wouldn't have bet it would be me!! :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Here EZ,

Let me help you lose that bet.

Do you know what Bill Clinton did while he was President?

Bet you wouldn't have bet it would be me!! :eusa_shhh:

Immie

You were my first guess, just ask my bookie!

Thanks for winning me some $$$$ ! :cool:

It's not the sex, it's the hypocrisy that makes these instances so amusing.

Agreed.

I'm a conservative who doesn't support abortion for anyone except in certain extreme cases. I dislike Planned Parenthood because of their extreme stance on abortion, but that does not mean that I would not welcome an opportunity to help teens in need.

This guy screwed up and clearly deserves to be ridiculed as a hypocrite. Hopefully, he will learn something from this.

Immie

Agreed.

I'm a conservative who doesn't support abortion for anyone except in certain extreme cases. I dislike Planned Parenthood because of their extreme stance on abortion, but that does not mean that I would not welcome an opportunity to help teens in need.

This guy screwed up and clearly deserves to be ridiculed as a hypocrite. Hopefully, he will learn something from this.

Immie

Sounds like he needs to learn the number of a good divorce attorney. His wife had a restraining order against him and now this?

Why is it that the morally obsessed always seem to have the most skeletons in their closet?

Agreed.

Immie

Sounds like he needs to learn the number of a good divorce attorney. His wife had a restraining order against him and now this?

Why is it that the morally obsessed always seem to have the most skeletons in their closet?

I don't know about them having the most skeletons, but they clearly have the most to lose when they prove they are only human.

Immie

Agreed.

Immie

They think if they yell loud enough, their misdeeds will be hidden? Is it so hard to show your character by your actions these days?

Kinda like those screaming homophobes, I always wonder about their gay tendencies. Thou dost protest too much and all...............

Agreed.

Immie

I don't know about them having the most skeletons, but they clearly have the most to lose when they prove they are only human.

Immie

It could be the amplification effect. It's not that, statistically speaking, they have more affairs, it's just that it seems that way due to the fact that it garners all the attention.

I fully agree that infidelity knows no race, creed, or political affiliation.

They think if they yell loud enough, their misdeeds will be hidden? Is it so hard to show your character by your actions these days?

Well, I think your famous line from Shakespeare shows that it has always been a problem.

Kinda like those screaming homophobes, I always wonder about their gay tendencies. Thou dost protest too much and all...............

That's a funny thing isn't it? I often wonder where our society would be if we could just admit that we were biological creatures and be done with it.

Probably very different.

Last edited:
Paging Keith Olbermann. You can call off the search...we've found your Worst Person in the World for tonight.

Meet Tennessee state senator Paul Stanley. He's a solid conservative Republican and married father of two, who according to his website is "a member of Christ United Methodist Church, where he serves as a Sunday school teacher and board member of their day school." (Check out the religious imagery on the site -- the sun poking through clouds, as if manifesting God's presence -- which of course shows Stanley's deeply pious nature.)

Stanley recently sponsored a bill designed to prevent gay couples from adopting children. And when a Planned Parenthood official recently sought his support for family planning services for Memphis teens, Stanley told her, according to the official, that he "didn't believe young people should have sex before marriage anyway, that his faith and church are important to him, and he wants to promote abstinence."

So far, so far Republican. But you can see where this is going...

In a sworn affidavit, a Tennessee state investigator has said that Stanley admitted to having a "sexual relationship" with a 22-year-old female intern working in his office, and to taking nude pictures of her in "provocative poses" in his apartment.

Things started to unravel for Stanley, it seems, in April, when he received a text message reading:

Good morning sir, how are you this fine day? McKensie and I have been talking and I feel that I have a video and some pictures you might be interested in seeing. This is her boyfriend, that guy you met outside Walgreens.

That was the start of an effort by the girl's boyfriend to blackmail Stanley, which ultimately led to Stanley going to the cops. The boyfriend is now charged with trying to extort $10,000 from Stanley.

Oh, bonus! Stanley works as a financial adviser for the Stanford Financial Group, whose founder, Allen Stanford, has been charged with orchestrating an $8 billion scam.

Wonder if Stanley stays at C Street when he's in DC.

Late Update: It gets worse. In 1994, Stanley's first wife, Judy Martin, filed for a restraining order against him, charging that he had physically assaulted her three times. She wrote: "He was going out the door to leave our house and he hit me with a tremendous blow and then he proceeded to turn and run away from me outside the garage to the street." Stanley and Martin divorced the following year.

According to the Nashville Post, Stanley met his current wife, Kristi Stanley, soon afterwards, while both were working for Bill Frist's U.S. Senate office in Memphis. She was working as -- an intern.

Abstinence-Supporting GOP State Lawmaker Admits To Sex With 22-Year-Old Intern | TPMMuckraker

paul-stanley-muck.jpg

well let's see now, this guy had sex with a consenting adult. He doesn't think TEENS should be having sex. How is this guy a hypocrite?

Forum List

Back