Abstinence 'is not realistic,' Palin's daughter says

Wolf

un-american
Feb 7, 2009
Posted: 10:43 AM ET

From CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

Palin says she and Johnston still plan to wed.
(CNN) – In her first interview since giving birth to son Tripp, Bristol Palin, daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, said it’s not “realistic” to expect abstinence outside of marriage.

Watch: Bristol Palin breaks her silence

“Everyone should be abstinent . . . but it’s not realistic at all,” the 18-year-old told Fox’s Greta Van Susteren, adding that having sex as a teenager had become “more and more accepted now” among people her age.

The new mother, who gave birth to Gov. Palin’s first grandchild late last year, said her decision to go forward with an unplanned pregnancy was entirely her own.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Abstinence ‘is not realistic,’ Palin’s daughter says « - Blogs from CNN.com

Hindsight is 20/20.

:disbelief: :lol:

Besides in some of those cults, you can become a born again virgin. There is even a church ceremont for it! My sister worked with a guy whose daughter did it.

(CNN) – In her first interview since giving birth to son Tripp, Bristol Palin, daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, said it’s not “realistic” to expect abstinence outside of marriage.

“Everyone should be abstinent . . . but it’s not realistic at all,” the 18-year-old told Fox’s Greta Van Susteren, adding that having sex as a teenager had become “more and more accepted now” among people her age.

The new mother, who gave birth to Gov. Palin’s first grandchild late last year, said her decision to go forward with an unplanned pregnancy was entirely her own.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Abstinence ‘is not realistic,’ Palin’s daughter says « - Blogs from CNN.com

Yes, abstinence is realistic and for those who don't choose abstinence, there is BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!

Yes, abstinence is realistic and for those who don't choose abstinence, there is BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!

For best results. Use both! ;)

I bet Alaska is just as bad as Kansas was for being a boring place to grow up. But seriously if you're going to do it you both need to be taking measures to prevent pregnancy... unless of course you want to have a baby.

who cares what a 17 year old girl has to say?

humans have been fucking and having kids sine the dawn of time. SO WHAT!

Maybe if we let these young adults have to live with the consequences of their actions, you know no free abortions, no safe haven laws, etc.

If you get pregnant, YOU pay for your own fucking mistake. Then I'll bet you teen pregnancy rates will fall faster than the stock market.

Maybe if we let these young adults have to live with the consequences of their actions, you know no free abortions, no safe haven laws, etc.

If you get pregnant, YOU pay for your own fucking mistake. Then I'll bet you teen pregnancy rates will fall faster than the stock market.

Only if you make sure the boys involved get their share of the consequences. That is the primary reason we have abortion, guys that won't man up and take responsibility.

Then you just go back to back alley abortions and I'm highly doubting all those doctors who do abortions will all of a sudden stop when it can become highly profitable.

Only if you make sure the boys involved get their share of the consequences. That is the primary reason we have abortion, guys that won't man up and take responsibility.

And then you have the guys that want the baby and the woman still aborts. Face it, in this case, women have all the rights, guys have none. If she has the baby, he's forced to pay child support even if he didn't want the baby. She can abort the baby even if he does want the baby. Nope, it's not fair. Women are the only ones who can decide legally not to be a parent AFTER conception.

My biggest gripe is that the deciding factor on whether it's a baby or a fetus is strictly at the mother's choosing.

what a load of shit

How about the woman not "manning up" and taking responsibility as well. The primary reason for abortions is not because of the men...there are women who go to aboprtion clinics and get them done as if they are routine check ups

I agree, it takes two to play. But, as a woman, you need to be damn careful whose sperm you let into your uterus. Life isn't fair, and the simple fact of the matter is that pregnancy has more serious ramifications for women. Young women need to accept that and deal with it.

I agree, it takes two to play. But, as a woman, you need to be damn careful whose sperm you let into your uterus. Life isn't fair, and the simple fact of the matter is that pregnancy has more serious ramifications for women. Young women need to accept that and deal with it.

thats what you get for eating that apple

That's crap Amanda and you know it. All a woman has to do is name the father and after a paternity test that man will be on the hook for child support.

How about this, BOTH parents have to pay for 100% of the care their children. No freebies or do overs.

If you want an abortion, you pay for it.
if you want to have the child, you either sign away your parental rights and give it up for adoption or you (both parents) pay. Period.

Then you just go back to back alley abortions and I'm highly doubting all those doctors who do abortions will all of a sudden stop when it can become highly profitable.

Well that's just the risk you take no?
Actions are supposed to have consequences aren't they?

That's crap Amanda and you know it. All a woman has to do is name the father and after a paternity test that man will be on the hook for child support.

How about this, BOTH parents have to pay for 100% of the care their children. No freebies or do overs.

If you want an abortion, you pay for it.
if you want to have the child, you either sign away your parental rights and give it up for adoption or you (both parents) pay. Period.

What skull and others say is quite true:

The Y Files: "Roe v. Wade for men"

That's just one among many links explaining how for years men pay for child support for kids that aren't theirs as long as the mother names them and they cannot get a DNA test done. Even AFTER the DNA test is done and they are not named the father, much of the time they are still forced to pay for child support.

That's just one among many links explaining how for years men pay for child support for kids that aren't theirs as long as the mother names them and they cannot get a DNA test done. Even AFTER the DNA test is done and they are not named the father, much of the time they are still forced to pay for child support.

It really annoys me when women attempt to abdicate the responsibilities for their own sexual choices, thus turning themselves into dependent children.

What's that logical fallacy that says if you can find even 1 exception you nullify the argument? I can never think of what that one is called.

oddly enough ...do you think sara palin will back off her stand on this..hell no...just cause it didnt work in her family ...doesnt mean she wont force it on yours..tis the way of the grand old party

What's that logical fallacy that says if you can find even 1 exception you nullify the argument? I can never think of what that one is called.

Do you truly believe this is 1 exception to the rule? REALLY? :eusa_eh:

Law.com - Man Told He Must Support Child He Didn't Father

Families Against Confiscatory Child Support

Plus the current draconian laws against guys:

Example #1:

Woman: I'm Pregnant

Man: So what do you want to do?

Woman: Have an abortion.

Man: But I want the kid.

Woman: Too bad *walks out*.

Example #2:

Woman: I'm Pregnant

Man: I really can't afford a kid, but what do you want to do?

Woman: Have it

Man: But I honestly can't afford it and I really don't want a kid at the moment.

Woman: Too bad, should of kept your legs closed. *Walks out*

Man: What about you? :eusa_eh:

Example #3:

Judge: The court finds that you are not this girl's father, however despite the fact she lied to you throughout (even in a court of law to me) and you didn't distrust her enough to get a DNA test within the first year; you'll still have to pay child support for the next 18 years.

Man: What the hell? How is this justice?

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back