Absolutely no 'fiscal cliff' deal without higher tax rates on rich, Geithner says

no vote necessary - unless the Republicans can vote January 2nd off the calender, and override a veto.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner draws line in sand... dares Republicans to cross it. :eusa_clap:

No 'fiscal cliff' deal without higher rates, Geithner says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The Obama administration will entertain any Republican plans to avoid a so-called "fiscal cliff" at year's end, but Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner says the Bush-era tax cuts for top incomes must go.

No "compromises" huh?

Yet the GOP gets accused of that all the freekin time.

I say lets go over the cliff...

Funny, I didn't know he had a freaking vote.

The votes have been cast. The election is over. Obama won. :clap2:

Has nothing to do with negoiations in congress, neither tiny Tim or Maobama get to vote on them. Limited input maybe, not a vote. But nice try at the deflection there comrade.

The sore winners are going to remind us at every turn.

Makes this place sooooo much fun.

*NOT*

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner draws line in sand... dares Republicans to cross it. :eusa_clap:

(CNN) -- The Obama administration will entertain any Republican plans to avoid a so-called "fiscal cliff" at year's end, but Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner says the Bush-era tax cuts for top incomes must go.
Only stupid people (that means most Americans) will believe those new taxes will go to anybody else but the Bankers that run this country.

Income Taxes pay only the INTEREST on the National Debt which is owned by Bankers so naturally they'd want the rates to go up. Only ignorant people think that money is gonna be used to pay off debt or on the American people in any way, shape or form.

Meanwhile the dumbed down, Public School "Edumacated" populace argues over the false Left/Right paradigm (perpetrated by Fox and CNN) that they think is gonna' help them. It won't.

You're about to be led to slaughter.

You know what was interesting about that was Geithner talked a lot about raising taxes but I heard nothing about cutting spending the Republicans can and should make very clear no deal is happening without serious spending cuts to go along with the tax increases and I mean real cuts in writing as part of the deal not this increase taxes now and consider spending cuts later stuff the Democrats want to push. For those who keep saying Obama won yes he did he won the popular vote 50% to 47% I know the left and Obama likes to think Obama has 100% support of the people because he was reelected he does not.

Funny, I didn't know he had a freaking vote.

Has nothing to do with negoiations in congress, neither tiny Tim or Maobama get to vote on them. Limited input maybe, not a vote. But nice try at the deflection there comrade.

Class warfare on the poor by the Republicans is not a deflection. You and your 'good ole boys' lost.

You cannot raise taxes prior to significant spending reductions in discretionary and entitlement spending, period. Geithner has his marching orders of which spending reductions were not included in the script. The difficulty is that most do not grasp the fact that previous tax increases with promised spending cuts, to come, were never realized. At some point the money tree needs to be cut down or the markets will dictate austerity measure.

Exactly.....

You cannot raise taxes prior to significant spending reductions in discretionary and entitlement spending, period. Geithner has his marching orders of which spending reductions were not included in the script. The difficulty is that most do not grasp the fact that previous tax increases with promised spending cuts, to come, were never realized. At some point the money tree needs to be cut down or the markets will dictate austerity measure.

We can not trust them.

Last edited:

Class warfare on the poor by the Republicans is not a deflection. You and your 'good ole boys' lost.

Tell me, what the hell does it have to do with YOUR ORIGINAL POST. CAN YOU SAY NOT A FREAKING THING, making it pure bull shit deflection.

Oh Goody! Is this gonna be like in that teen vampire movie("The Lost Boys") with Keifer Sutherland where we all line up on a bridge and jump off?

YAAAAHOOO!!! :lol:

Forum List

Back