Absolute distrust in US important part of Iran's soft power: Imam Khamenei

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think there are too many Western countries that trust Iran. Moreover, there are still many Iranians who are making that hop, skip and jump to get away from these crazies and coming to live in the West. Has anyone seen any ex-Iranians who they know making the journey back to Iran to live there again?

Absolute distrust in US important part of Iran's soft power: Imam Khamenei

September 18, 2016 - 7:41 PM

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says absolute distrust in hegemonic powers topped by the United States is an important component of Iran's soft power and this distrust must increase on a daily basis.

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says absolute distrust in hegemonic powers topped by the United States is an important component of Iran's soft power and this distrust must increase on a daily basis.

The Leader made the remarks in a meeting on Sunday with commanders and high-ranking officials of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in Tehran.

Ayatollah Khamenei referred to the issue of “distorting the components of the Islamic establishment’s soft power” and said, “Absolute distrust in global hegemonic powers, which today are symbolized by America, is one of the elements of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s soft power.”

I often wonder how things might have been different had america not ousted Iran's democratically elected prime minister to put in a pupet govt

The Iranian-Armenian historian Ervand Abrahamian, author of The Coup: 1953, the CIA and the Roots of Modern US-Iranian Relations, said in a recent interview that the coup was designed "to get rid of a nationalist figure who insisted that oil should be nationalised".

Unlike other nationalist leaders, including Egypt's Gamal Abdel Nasser, Mosaddeq epitomised a unique "anti-colonial" figure who was also committed to democratic values and human rights, Abrahamian argued.

Some analysts argue that Mosaddeq failed to compromise with the west and the coup took place against the backdrop of communism fears in Iran. "My study of the documents proves to me that there was never really a fair compromise offered to Mosaddeq, what they wanted Mosaddeq to do is to give up oil nationalisation and if he'd given that of course then the national movement would have been meaningless," he told the Iranian online publication, Tableau magazine.

"My argument is that there was never really a realistic threat of communism … discourse and the way justifying any act was to talk about communist danger, so it was something used for the public, especially the American and the British public."

CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup

Colonialism is alive and well, still.

Forum List

Back