Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

At the last inauguration the demoncrats and their supporters acted like crazy assed assholes and booed and hissed at the entire Bush family including the first President and Mrs. Bush. The demon craps deserve the snub their getting.

I always thought George developed a little bit of class after serving...

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

His father has been hospitalized for two or three months I think it's natural he would want to stay close to him and the classy thing would be not to criticize him for it.

Beat me to it. His dad has been very sick and if in a similar situation, I would be sticking close to home with my family.
Classy and liberal? That's an oxymoron.

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

His father has been hospitalized for two or three months I think it's natural he would want to stay close to him and the classy thing would be not to criticize him for it.

Yep. And didnt he skip the RNC as well?

the inauguration was for the left only .i wouldn't be surprised if the Bush family were not invited.
The last thing they'd have needed (there), was Daddy Bush's drunken, frat-boy, idiot-son....pukin' all-over-the-place.

2_beijing_olympics_swimming_olysw101.jpg

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

Obviously you don't remember the first 4 years of Obama...''
About 236,000 results for "Obama blames Bush" citations!

In 8 years "Bush Blames Clinton" Google search showed 61,000 citations..

And yet Bush unlike Clinton or Obama had:
A) Didn't the marvelous dot.com ( that Clinton phony surplus bubble)* bust occur? YES! What did it cost?
1) $5 trillion in market losses which meant the taxpayers who would have paid $66 billion from 2002 and have $5 trillion in loss write offs!!!
2) 300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts....billions in payroll taxes!!!

B) Did 9/11 happen??? YES what did that cost?
1) $2 trillion in losses meant $24 billion a year in reduced TAX payments from 2003 and beyond GONE! Airlines didn't fly 3 days, Wall st closed 10 days! 3,000 deaths!
2 145,00 jobs lost in NYC alone due to 9/11... what did that cost? Billions in payroll taxes!

and regarding hurricanes... THE WORST SEASONS not hurricanes like Sandy SEASONS!!!
C) DID the worst hurricane SEASONS not hurricanes SEASONS occur? YES what did that cost?
1) $1 trillion in losses meaning $12 billion a year in reduced tax revenues!
2) 400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
3) 5,000 lives lost!

YET how many people seemingly forget those 3 events costing over $8 trillion which is being written off against taxes today.

850,000 jobs lost due to dot.com/911 and hurricanes.

Did you hear Bush blame Clinton for any of the above???

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

Yep. And didnt he skip the RNC as well?

GWB didn't attend the RNC, I see no reason why he should attend the Inauguration or any other public function whatsoever ever again.

Appearing at the coronation implies some approval. Those who don't go are better people than those that did. I'm not watching but has Romney shown up or is he showing the same kind of integrity Bush did?

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

Not much if you don't remember the Bush bashing the first time around. What is your definition of "class?"

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

Obama has yet to open his mouth without blaming every problem on 'the previous administration.' If I were the Bushes I wouldn't go either. They really should just hold a big barbeque for their friends and neighbors to spare as many people as possible from the Barack and Michelle charade. I wonder if the theme is 'pimps and hos.'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back