Abraham

LuvRPgrl said:
And your justification for Murdering your dad would have been?

Self defense of course. If someone told me they were going to kill me because their invisible friend told them to I would certainly try to kill them instead if I knew they were serious.

It couldnt be for that laptop he lent you could it? I mean, is it freezing up that much? That frustrating trying to type posts on it, so that you would murder your dad over it?

Actually I've been in the hospital. But thanks for your pathetic attempt at humor. It's not an issue of the computer freezing up. I just hate typing on it because I'm used to my ergonomic keyboard.

Powerman said:
Self defense of course. If someone told me they were going to kill me because their invisible friend told them to I would certainly try to kill them instead if I knew they were serious..

Good luck and thanks for ignoring some of my other points on this issue.

Powerman said:
Actually I've been in the hospital. But thanks for your pathetic attempt at humor. It's not an issue of the computer freezing up. I just hate typing on it because I'm used to my ergonomic keyboard.

DUH!

Powerman just doesn't believe the terrorists are serious. What an obstinately ignorant f*cksack he turned out to be.

rtwngAvngr said:
Powerman just doesn't believe the terrorists are serious. What an obstinately ignorant f*cksack he turned out to be.

Actually we weren't talking about terrorists. This is a perfect example of what a sel proclaimed intellectual like yourself calls logic. I say that I would defend myself against someone who wanted to kill me because their God told them to. You know that that is in fact a reasonable stance. But since you have a general dislike for me you try to point out some inconsistency in my belief structure. Without asking you probably assumed that I'm some anti war hippy just because I don't believe in your stupid bible fairy tales. That is far from the truth but you assumed it because you're looking to draw the attention to me and my alleged inconsitencies. Try harder next time. Actually next time don't just make something up and try to put words in my mouth. There might be some around here dumb enough to fall for it but I'm not one of them.

Powerman said:
Actually we weren't talking about terrorists. This is a perfect example of what a sel proclaimed intellectual like yourself calls logic. I say that I would defend myself against someone who wanted to kill me because their God told them to.

you also said "and if you thought they were serious" or something very close to that. I don't care enough to go find it. You just don't think the terrorists are serious, apparetntly.

Yes, of course you're right that our invasion of Iraq is not labeled a Holy War or usually thought of as such.

But I was thinking in more abstract terms, looking at the patterns of back-and-forth, and the typical reactions of members of these three intertwined religions. Again, from a Hindu point of view, it's pretty hard to tell them apart. It looks like they're arguing about how many angels fit on the head of a pin. They all believe in one God, an angry one, and they've all found ways to make violence useful, even as in another aspect they have spread vast peace and comfort. It's a contradictory and confusing picture, which was why I started this thread.

Don't forget, GW Bush once referred to our invasion of Iraq as a "Crusade." That's the kind of abstract level I was thinking about--unconscious thinking patterns that have the unfortunate risk of creating unending conflict.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
I've been reading up on Christianity and Islam, trying to understand them better, including reading the Bible and the Koran.

I was thinking about Abraham and the issue of obedience to one's god.

If your god told you to kill your own son, would you?

Mariner.

Hell no, any god who people claim is loving would not require blood sacrifices.

Forum List

Back