Abraham? Really?

My signal at work is weak at best and it's difficult to explain everything on an iPhone.
Bilaam was a rather successful and renown curser for hire and a slime bag through and through.
His donkey is never referred to by the usual word chamor, which can also be pronounced cheemor, which means "substance".
Any person who rides on, or rather, controls their physicality, as opposed to their physicality controlling them, is worthy of bringing the 3rd Temple back.
Make no mistake that many people in this category have existed, but the generation must be at least somewhat worthy.

in what writing does this DETAILED Balaam profile exist?------how is the donkey described?
Have you read the chapters?
Of course not!

probably sometime in my life----but I do not recall deep details on balaam
Apparently he seems to be a self acclaimed expert. Don't mind his arrogance.

I think the bigger question in all of this is why Hashem gave Bilaam the power of a prophet and the ability to curse.

It's said he an evil eye that if he looked at a field he can stop the veggies and fruits from growing.

Bilaam had FREE CHOICE ----just like CAIN and ADAM had FREE CHOICE
Bilaam told Balak that he must do what G-D tells him to do.

G-D told him not to curse the Jews.
In fact, he told him to bless the Jews.
Incorrect on both sentences...
God told Bilaam he could go with the men.
God told Bilaam he could only say what God put in his mouth.

Which was to bless and not curse the Jews.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Wonderful...3 people who have no idea what they are talking about.
You must be one of those three.
When you demonstrate that you know what I study all the time you may state such.

My signal at work is weak at best and it's difficult to explain everything on an iPhone.
Bilaam was a rather successful and renown curser for hire and a slime bag through and through.
His donkey is never referred to by the usual word chamor, which can also be pronounced cheemor, which means "substance".
Any person who rides on, or rather, controls their physicality, as opposed to their physicality controlling them, is worthy of bringing the 3rd Temple back.
Make no mistake that many people in this category have existed, but the generation must be at least somewhat worthy.

in what writing does this DETAILED Balaam profile exist?------how is the donkey described?
Have you read the chapters?
Of course not!

probably sometime in my life----but I do not recall deep details on balaam
Apparently he seems to be a self acclaimed expert. Don't mind his arrogance.
It's all on the Internet.
Reading rather than trying to remember what you once heard many years ago.

Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
This is an excellent site.

I think the bigger question in all of this is why Hashem gave Bilaam the power of a prophet and the ability to curse.
The non-Jewish nations can never claim they never had a navi who could speak with God.

Bilaam told Balak that he must do what G-D tells him to do.

G-D told him not to curse the Jews.
In fact, he told him to bless the Jews.
Incorrect on both sentences...
God told Bilaam he could go with the men.
God told Bilaam he could only say what God put in his mouth.

Which was to bless and not curse the Jews.

Wonderful...3 people who have no idea what they are talking about.
You must be one of those three.
When you demonstrate that you know what I study all the time you may state such.

I already stated it.

The non-Jewish nations can never claim they never had a navi who could speak with God.

I don't like that answer. I'm familiar with it. It's weak.

I'm not even sure Jewish prophets had the power to curse. It all comes from HaShem.

I'm not even sure Jewish prophets had the power to curse. It all comes from HaShem.

You are absolutely correct but why do you think Christians need Jesus?
They can't cope with an infinite creator.

I recently heard a class by Rabbi Daniel Gladstein concerning Bilaam.
Every navi, inclusing Moshe, had to interpret God's message.
God did not trust Bilaam to interpret His message properly so He always put the absolute truth in Bilaam's mouth.

It was also an opportunity for people to see an egotistic slime bucket who not only admitted there was a God but to admit that this God had a special relationship with the Children of Israel.

God did not trust Bilaam to interpret His message properly so He always put the absolute truth in Bilaam's mouth.

It was also an opportunity for people to see an egotistic slime bucket who not only admitted there was a God but to admit that this God had a special relationship with the Children of Israel.
That was good.

If people are going to take these stories and judge them in our times they are going to not understand and miss out because in their times their actions were acceptable and understood in the past but would be considered strange and barbaric in our age...
So sins are a new trend?
He's right that everything should be viewed in context.

Sin isn't anything new. It appears to be a native condition.

Sin is anything which separates one from God.

We are effectively rebels. In fact, that's kind of what the Bible says.

Last edited:

Or it could be that that is how God was brought to us. He did make that promise, did He not?

God does have a special relationship with the Children of Israel. I don't know how any logical thinking person who knows history could deny this.

Forum List

Back