Above the Law...?

Bullypulpit said:
Yes, he is, and there are laws in place which allow him to do so in the form of FISA. Yet he chose to place himself above the law and authorized warrantless, domestic surveillance operation which have yet to do anything but eat up the time of investigators who could be pursuing more profitable avenues of investigation.

The real issue is not the "rule of law", which this president is undermining, but rather it is about unlimited presidential power. In case you've forgotten:

<blockquote>If a "librul" takes the White House in '08, do you really want them to have the powers Dubbyuh and his handlers are gathering to the presidency? I don't. Because that's what this whole argument boils down to...presidential power. It's not a "Democrat v Republican" or "liberal v conservative" issue. It is a constitutional issue regarding whether or not the Executive Branch can usurp the powers granted to the Legislative and Judicial branches by the Constitution and violating the separation of powers as laid down in that very same document.</blockquote>

Your arguments are the ones lacking substance, with more than a little desperation How much longer are you going to try and defend the indefensible?

I don't care if a liberal monitors terrorist communications either. You want me to run out and get some more rope? Keep on talking. Try to get your party to stay on this issue. It should guarantee more (R) victories.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't care if a liberal monitors terrorist communications either. You want me to run out and get some more rope? Keep on talking. Try to get your party to stay on this issue. It should guarantee more (R) victories.

You're starting to sound like a broken record now. You can't mount a cogent argument, so you stick your fingers in your ears and keep repeating the same Republican talking points over and over again, hoping that it will make them true. But it won't, because they're not.

Dorothy...Wake up.

Forum List

Back