about to become homeless with dog

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
I am about to become homeless with my dog. And am interested in learning more about the tent cities and finding one. but before I do I need to know if my dog will be acceptable to come with me if I stay at a tent city location?

answer-As far as I know unless it happens to be a service animal that would be a huge no, you also can't use shelters save under the same limited condition its required under law for a disability service for you.

But some might I'm not sure but not around here.

answer 2 - We allow pets at our tent city, but it's really not a good idea. The last one was a 10-week old puppy that ripped 2 tents. If they do allow you to bring your dog, be sure not to leave it alone, ever. Perhaps you can get a fellow camper to watch your dog when you're away from the camp. Good luck.

question- where abouts are u thinking off as each TC have differing 'rules'.

reply - I'm in SC at the moment but I want to go somewhere farther from the Carolina, Tenn, Va area. I saw that Seattle had a Tent City that was pet friendly but I'm not sure how Is ever get there. Ive looked at ride share places but no luck so I would probably need someplace closer.

read more Tent city and my Dog - Homeless Forums

I am about to become homeless with my dog. And am interested in learning more about the tent cities and finding one. but before I do I need to know if my dog will be acceptable to come with me if I stay at a tent city location?

answer-As far as I know unless it happens to be a service animal that would be a huge no, you also can't use shelters save under the same limited condition its required under law for a disability service for you.

answer 2 - We allow pets at our tent city, but it's really not a good idea. The last one was a 10-week old puppy that ripped 2 tents. If they do allow you to bring your dog, be sure not to leave it alone, ever. Perhaps you can get a fellow camper to watch your dog when you're away from the camp. Good luck.

reply - I'm in SC at the moment but I want to go somewhere farther from the Carolina, Tenn, Va area. I saw that Seattle had a Tent City that was pet friendly but I'm not sure how Is ever get there. Ive looked at ride share places but no luck so I would probably need someplace closer.

Don't go anyplace cold. Make sure you can seal your tent from critters. Carry your valuables with you. Make sure you are near a source of clean water.

Register to vote and vote Democrat. It's Republican policies of moving jobs to China and pandering to the rich that have created this in America. Be prepared for Republicans. They will call you bum and hobo.

Register to vote and vote Democrat. It's Republican policies of moving jobs to China and pandering to the rich that have created this in America. Be prepared for Republicans. They will call you bum and hobo.
Obama and the Democrats have done nothing to bring those jobs back.

If I were homeless I'd ditch the dog but that's up to you. Yeah that's good advice to stay in the warmer climes. Winter in VA can be a bitch!

Do you have no job, no means of earning? There are places to live in CraigsList where you can share a home for greatly reduced rent. IM me if you wish, I survived a very long time on monies earned online while in two such houses.

Just call 9-1-1 and ask for Obama. He'll provide you with everything you need, at our expense, of course.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Don't go anyplace cold. Make sure you can seal your tent from critters. Carry your valuables with you. Make sure you are near a source of clean water.

Is this guy for fucking real, or what?

I mean, a chap comes online to post a plea for advise and this **** spins it into a political dick swinging contest.

hvactec, I'm about to email you the link to a forum on which you will find a wealth of information on how to survive the outdoors. Along with plenty of users that have gone through exactly what you're describing. Hopefully they can offer you the support and advice you seek. Just post you situation/predicament, and they'll come flocking with plenty of realistic advice.

Good luck and hang in there.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Okay, ignore the PM if you aren't actually going to be homeless. I haven't had any coffee yet, and actually thought you were in imminent danger. Next up I was going to aim you at the section of CL that says 'looking for home', and after that suggest you post your own ad saying you need a place to live, and you have a dog.

So. You're fine, and you just forgot how to use the quotes function. Right?

I mean, a chap comes online to post a plea for advise and this **** spins it into a political dick swinging contest.

hvactec, I'm about to email you the link to a forum on which you will find a wealth of information on how to survive the outdoors. Along with plenty of users that have gone through exactly what you're describing. Hopefully they can offer you the support and advice you seek. Just post you situation/predicament, and they'll come flocking with plenty of realistic advice.

Please send it to me as well. I'm a human safety net whenever necessary.

Sounds like a crock of shit to me. If your situation is so desperate that you are about to become homeless, seems like a prudent person would sell their computer to pay expenses to keep a roof over their head. Also, how do you pay for internet access? What a scam job this threat is...

Sounds like a crock of shit to me. If your situation is so desperate that you are about to become homeless, seems like a prudent person would sell their computer to pay expenses to keep a roof over their head. Also, how do you pay for internet access? What a scam job this threat is...

You can go to any library, use their computer to get online.
or if the person has a friend with a computer they can use that.

What can we learn from this thread?

For the OP.... context is vital.

For rdean... you are sickeningly partisan.

For others: some of you need to brush up on basic comprehension skills.

:lol:

I get pretty sick of Republicans refusing to take a look at what their odious party has been doing to this country. Seriously, these are people who are damaging this country in so many ways. Instead of trying to debunk anything I've said, they scream "liar". They are afraid to actually do any research because deep down, they know I'm right.

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Actual invitation issued by China and the Chamber of Commerce, an organization that won't say where it's money comes from but gives to Republicans more than 90% of the time.

bchinab.jpg

"US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The New York Times

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm so wrong, PROVE IT! Yea, PROVE IT! I know you can't. You know you can't. Ask yourselves why you belong to this terrible political party. What have Republicans done for America in the last 20 years? ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this story online then posted it here, the poor homeless person is not me!

What part of your quote "I am about to become homeless with my dog" was to lead us to believe you "found" this on the Internet and posted it here.

You can go to any library, use their computer to get online.
or if the person has a friend with a computer they can use that.

IMO, the last thing to go should be the computer, since it is the best means they have for a) making money and b) applying for jobs.

I get pretty sick of Republicans refusing to take a look at what their odious party has been doing to this country. Seriously, these are people who are damaging this country in so many ways. Instead of trying to debunk anything I've said, they scream "liar". They are afraid to actually do any research because deep down, they know I'm right.

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Actual invitation issued by China and the Chamber of Commerce, an organization that won't say where it's money comes from but gives to Republicans more than 90% of the time.

bchinab.jpg

"US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The New York Times

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm so wrong, PROVE IT! Yea, PROVE IT! I know you can't. You know you can't. Ask yourselves why you belong to this terrible political party. What have Republicans done for America in the last 20 years? ANSWER THE QUESTION!

I'm going to come back in an hour. Let's see if those screaming Republicans can refute a single statement or fact I posted above. And I'm talking proof, not wild rants like they normally do. Or instead, will they let this thread die and hope no one remembers it?

Just as I thought. Shine a little "light of truth" and the roaches "scatter".

They might be at church. :) That thought cracks me up. Slam, insult, shame, belittle, swear, be vulgar ... go to church "Ah-ah-ah-ah-men!" Back here for more of the same shit.

And they wonder why nobody follows their spiritual lead.

They might be at church. :) That thought cracks me up. Slam, insult, shame, belittle, swear, be vulgar ... go to church "Ah-ah-ah-ah-men!" Back here for more of the same shit.

And they wonder why nobody follows their spiritual lead.

You can post all the "truth" you want. They won't believe it.

Their message is so confusing. They will call scientists "lazy" and "over educated" and insist they "add nothing", but when you point out that only 6% of scientists are Republicans, they scream "liar".

They will call the poor and unemployed, "Hobo's and bums" and worse in then insist "Republicans give the most to charity". To "hobo's and bums"?

Their policies are all failures. And yet, they have this "swagger" and "self belief" based on nothing at all.

Forum List

Back