about to become homeless with dog

Discussion in 'Economy' started by hvactec, Aug 14, 2011.

1. hvactec

hvactec VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I am about to become homeless with my dog. And am interested in learning more about the tent cities and finding one. but before I do I need to know if my dog will be acceptable to come with me if I stay at a tent city location?

answer-As far as I know unless it happens to be a service animal that would be a huge no, you also can't use shelters save under the same limited condition its required under law for a disability service for you.

But some might I'm not sure but not around here.

answer 2 - We allow pets at our tent city, but it's really not a good idea. The last one was a 10-week old puppy that ripped 2 tents. If they do allow you to bring your dog, be sure not to leave it alone, ever. Perhaps you can get a fellow camper to watch your dog when you're away from the camp. Good luck.

question- where abouts are u thinking off as each TC have differing 'rules'.

reply - I'm in SC at the moment but I want to go somewhere farther from the Carolina, Tenn, Va area. I saw that Seattle had a Tent City that was pet friendly but I'm not sure how Is ever get there. Ive looked at ride share places but no luck so I would probably need someplace closer.

read more Tent city and my Dog - Homeless Forums

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    Don't go anyplace cold. Make sure you can seal your tent from critters. Carry your valuables with you. Make sure you are near a source of clean water.

Register to vote and vote Democrat. It's Republican policies of moving jobs to China and pandering to the rich that have created this in America. Be prepared for Republicans. They will call you bum and hobo.

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Obama and the Democrats have done nothing to bring those jobs back.

If I were homeless I'd ditch the dog but that's up to you. Yeah that's good advice to stay in the warmer climes. Winter in VA can be a bitch!

4. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Do you have no job, no means of earning? There are places to live in CraigsList where you can share a home for greatly reduced rent. IM me if you wish, I survived a very long time on monies earned online while in two such houses.

5. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    Just call 9-1-1 and ask for Obama. He'll provide you with everything you need, at our expense, of course.

6. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,512
    Is this guy for fucking real, or what?

I mean, a chap comes online to post a plea for advise and this **** spins it into a political dick swinging contest.

hvactec, I'm about to email you the link to a forum on which you will find a wealth of information on how to survive the outdoors. Along with plenty of users that have gone through exactly what you're describing. Hopefully they can offer you the support and advice you seek. Just post you situation/predicament, and they'll come flocking with plenty of realistic advice.

Good luck and hang in there.

7. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Okay, ignore the PM if you aren't actually going to be homeless. I haven't had any coffee yet, and actually thought you were in imminent danger. Next up I was going to aim you at the section of CL that says 'looking for home', and after that suggest you post your own ad saying you need a place to live, and you have a dog.

So. You're fine, and you just forgot how to use the quotes function. Right?

8. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Please send it to me as well. I'm a human safety net whenever necessary.

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,757
    Sounds like a crock of shit to me. If your situation is so desperate that you are about to become homeless, seems like a prudent person would sell their computer to pay expenses to keep a roof over their head. Also, how do you pay for internet access? What a scam job this threat is...

10. hvactec

hvactec VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I found this story online then posted it here, the poor homeless person is not me!