About those roads, Mr President

Yeah, that was the point.

Because...wait for it now, Frank....

They have a land mass larger than the United States and 10% or less of the people. The Trans-Canada alone would probably put them over us per capita.

Oh Gee. That was informative. Let me guess New Caledonia has less people but more roads for its land mass and therefore has more roads per capita...? Amiright?

New Caledonia is a French protectorate. I don't think I need to explain anymore.

Let me reiterate: FRENCH protectorate.

Now Frankie Boy, your point was sunk before you started this silly thread. Roads are one of the tools in the infrastructure that aids the economy. They should be kept in good repair for the sake of the economy. Just as the many other pillars of infrastructure such as sewage systems and water systems should be kept in good repair for our safety and economic advantage. The fact that you have posted such a simple minded and silly arguement does not speak well for your level of intellect.

This dipshit really gets stuck on his points to the point of obsession.

The point is not "we have roads! Therefore, Business!"

Of course, that's the dishonest approach.

The point is, Roads and infrastructure certainly provide an easier means for said Businesses. If you deny that, you're a retard. Your point is stupidity based on dishonesty.

First, it doesn't make anything "easier". A car rolls over grass and dirt just as easily as it does over pavement, stupid.

I can't begin to imagine the ignorance or blindness involved in making this statement.

Have you ever driven on an interstate? Even once? Ever?

Yeah, that was the point.

They have a land mass larger than the United States and 10% or less of the people. The Trans-Canada alone would probably put them over us per capita.

Oh Gee. That was informative. Let me guess New Caledonia has less people but more roads for its land mass and therefore has more roads per capita...? Amiright?

This new learning amazes me, Brother Maynard.

So under the Infrastructure Uber Alles School of Economic "Thought" as set forth by Warren and Obama, shouldn't businesses start up in New Caledonia and Namibia because that's where the roads are? After all, "you didn't build that! Someone else did"

^ doubling down in the idiocy.

Obama didn't say roads start businesses.

He said they're a factor, of the many, that help start businesses.

But simple neanderthals like yourself cannot understand how to dilineate between what he said, and what you PERCIEVED him to say, which is what makes you, you.

I'll reiterate - either you're being straight up dishonest, or are extremely simple.

The point is, Roads and infrastructure certainly provide an easier means for said Businesses. If you deny that, you're a retard. Your point is stupidity based on dishonesty.

First, it doesn't make anything "easier". A car rolls over grass and dirt just as easily as it does over pavement, stupid.

I can't begin to imagine the ignorance or blindness involved in making this statement.

Have you ever driven on an interstate? Even once? Ever?

I can't believe how simple some people are while at the same time touting some sort of superiority.

It's great comedy though.

New Caledonia is a French protectorate. I don't think I need to explain anymore.

No, really, explain more. This Infrastructure Uber Alles School of Economic Thought has me mesmerized.

Are French roads and bridges different? Isn't part of Canada heavily French? Are the Canadian French-influenced roads and bridges less reliable?

Second, it was business that BUILT those roads with their taxes. So business don't owe government and roads, government and roads owe business!!!

Fucking dumb, Doggie. Cars and trucks most certainly do not roll over gravel and grass as easily as pavement. Try doing an evasive manuever at 60 mph on either. And both require a lot more mpg because of friction.

Both business and government are tools that we use to make life better for all of us. Neither is some sort of sacred religion, or evil devil. Both need rules to check their powers.

So under the Infrastructure Uber Alles School of Economic "Thought" as set forth by Warren and Obama, shouldn't businesses start up in New Caledonia and Namibia because that's where the roads are? After all, "you didn't build that! Someone else did"

But simple neanderthals like yourself cannot understand how to dilineate between what he said, and what you PERCIEVED him to say, which is what makes you, you.

I'll reiterate - either you're being straight up dishonest, or are extremely simple.

Liz Warren and Barry Soetoro each espoused the same idea: that infrastructure generated the economic activity. I've never heard this before and it has me fascinated. I'm calling it the Infrastructure Uber Alles School of Economic Thought. You seem to be running away from it. Maybe you should learn more so you can contribute to the conversation?

Liz Warren and Barry Soetoro each espoused the same idea: that infrastructure generated the economic activity. I've never heard this before and it has me fascinated. I'm calling it the Infrastructure Uber Alles School of Economic Thought. You seem to be running away from it. Maybe you should learn more so you can contribute to the conversation?

No wonder you think Obama is so dumb.

His points fly so waay high the fuck over your head, how could they make any sense to you?

No, really, explain more.

Let me give you another hint, Frank. This one free of charge:

The tiny island of New Caledonia served as an important base for something you'd know nothing about -the Allied Forces during a small Pacific conflict known colloquially as "World War 2". It's not well known but I'm sure you could learn a bit about it on the interwebs.

During that time, rumor has it that the allied forces built the infrastructure there.

Are French roads and bridges different? Isn't part of Canada heavily French? Are the Canadian French-influenced roads and bridges less reliable?

Yes, anyone who has spent time driving across Quebec knows that French-influenced roads suck. Plus, the traffic signs use a different word for EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

I've been screaming/whining for years that this country needed a high-priority conversation about the real role of government going forward. So I guess I need to be careful what I ask for.

By "conversation", I've meant a civil, mature, reasonable conversation. Oops! Now we have nothing but simplistic hyperbole. Roads and bridges? Yikes. Maybe things will calm down with time and a REAL conversation can take place.

You mean it might actually calm down enough so that we can start FIXING those same roads and bridges?

Why haven't you fixed them already? What have you done with all the billions collected in gasoline tax?

I've been screaming/whining for years that this country needed a high-priority conversation about the real role of government going forward. So I guess I need to be careful what I ask for.

By "conversation", I've meant a civil, mature, reasonable conversation. Oops! Now we have nothing but simplistic hyperbole. Roads and bridges? Yikes. Maybe things will calm down with time and a REAL conversation can take place.

You mean it might actually calm down enough so that we can start FIXING those same roads and bridges?

Why haven't you fixed them already? What have you done with all the billions collected in gasoline tax?

About 10 million went into Harry Reid's pockets.....

Forum List

Back