About Those 500 Chicago Murders (The stats behind the number)

12/30/2012

Here are some interesting statistics from today's Chicago Tribune regarding the 500 murders that have happened in Chicago:

As of this past Thursday, 500 people were murdered in the city of Chicago.

83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. Many of them FELONS who'd served prison time. (415.)

60% of those murdered in Chicago had known gang affiliations and multiple arrests and convictions. (300)

2% of those murdered in Chicago were kids under 10 years of age. (10 kids.)

Is this the "Chicago" that Obama referred to last week when he said the city represents the "best of America?" Gang bangers and convicted criminals killing each other? The ones I feel sorry for are the 10 innocent children stuck in that crap-hole called Obama's Chicago.

(Source: Sunday December 30th Chicago Tribune, Section 1, p. 16)

Statistics are funny things. Overall , Chicago is a very safe city, so long as you avoid the bad neighborhoods. Here is the what cracks me up though; I lived in Chicago for 15 years, from 1980 until 1995. In the early 90's, the murder rate in Chicago was over 900 per year. Basically, there has been a dramtic drop in the homicide rate since then, so it's twice as safe as when I lived there. BTW, I worked quite a bit in those bad neighborhoods and never once felt threatened. Of course, I didn't work at night, lol.
Looks like gun control worked to an extent? Too bad it is so easy for criminals to get their guns outside the city.

12/30/2012

Here are some interesting statistics from today's Chicago Tribune regarding the 500 murders that have happened in Chicago:

As of this past Thursday, 500 people were murdered in the city of Chicago.

83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. Many of them FELONS who'd served prison time. (415.)

60% of those murdered in Chicago had known gang affiliations and multiple arrests and convictions. (300)

2% of those murdered in Chicago were kids under 10 years of age. (10 kids.)

Is this the "Chicago" that Obama referred to last week when he said the city represents the "best of America?" Gang bangers and convicted criminals killing each other? The ones I feel sorry for are the 10 innocent children stuck in that crap-hole called Obama's Chicago.

(Source: Sunday December 30th Chicago Tribune, Section 1, p. 16)

We call these "Public Service Murders" and they're a good thing. Feel bad for the 2% that get caught in the crossfire. I wonder how they can have so many murders what with some of the most stringent gun control laws in the nation on the books?

Forum List

Back