About TheReligionofPeace.com

Exactly. It's about bashing the entire religion of Islam, not the deeds of a minority.

It is about defining what that belief truly is as there are a lot of people saying what it is so let's define what is meant by the words of Islam.

Peace in Islam does not mean Western Peace.

There are more words in Islam that do not fit Western definitions, so we must define Islam in Western terms so we can understand.

What does peace mean to you Sky Dancer? And who decides who is misguided? You?

Check out the link in the OP. The whole purpose of that website is to discredit the RELIGION of Islam, not the actions of misguided adherents.

1.5 billion strangers is a whole lot of people in the world to hate.

And the misguided adherents? Define them please. Show some of the non misquided Muslim countries please.

That link is fine. It opens up the discussion. I know, the one you don't want to have.

Some past posts of Sunni Man. I note that you did not respond to them and they are all over this forum.

Ropey said:
"They" are human beings. They have been with 'us' since the beginning of man. They have their place and it is progression to give them their rightful place.

I believe that their place is beside the rest of the world.

You have stated what your "Permanent Cure" would be and I reiterate Sunni Man.

Removing the world from homosexuality removes the world from people.

Killing homosexuality is killing people.

From this I extend the view that those who want to rid the world of any peoples, are evil minded.

I have the links for what you have said if you want proof of what you have said regarding homosexuality Sunni Man.

They need to be where they should be which is where they have always been. They just need to be validated as any other worthwhile human being.

You seem to lack that inclusion ability Sunni Man.

For Personal or Ideological reasons, or both? Please explain them.

I posted this answer to you long ago. The answer is to accept them and leave them alone. The same answer for the Jews it would seem.

Both are objects of your hate.

Even if you protest you have no hate. Your world would have excised the Jews and Homosexuals (and I bet others too) and remove them from human inclusion.

That's hate at a high level. Even if you do not see it.

You didn't see the post where I said that Sunni Man's solution to Jews was disgusting. I don't agree with his view about Judaism, not do I agree with his views regarding homosexuality either.

That doesn't mean I hate him or I think his views have anything to do with his religion. He's intolerant, but it's not his religion that makes him so.

I do not hate Jews, and I resent you telling me I do. As for hating homsosexuals, I am a lesbian. Stop making assumptions.

Check out the link in the OP. The whole purpose of that website is to discredit the RELIGION of Islam, not the actions of misguided adherents.

And the misguided adherents? Define them please. Show some of the non misquided Muslim countries please.

That link is fine. It opens up the discussion. I know, the one you don't want to have.

Some past posts of Sunni Man. I note that you did not respond to them and they are all over this forum.

I posted this answer to you long ago. The answer is to accept them and leave them alone. The same answer for the Jews it would seem.

Both are objects of your hate.

Even if you protest you have no hate. Your world would have excised the Jews and Homosexuals (and I bet others too) and remove them from human inclusion.

You didn't see the post where I said that Sunni Man's solution to Jews was disgusting. I don't agree with his view about Judaism, not do I agree with his views regarding homosexuality either.

That doesn't mean I hate him or I think his views have anything to do with his religion. He's intolerant, but it's not his religion that makes him so.

I do not hate Jews, and I resent you telling me I do. As for hating homsosexuals, I am a lesbian. Stop making assumptions.

[Specifically, it's about baiting Sunni Man and Kalam, so far the only Muslim posters I know of here.?

I didn't say you hated Jews. I said that Sunni Man's views are hate filled and you said that this thread was directed to Sunni Man and Kalam.

It is not. Sunni Man hates more than Jews and clearly he hates. I did not state you. I stated him to you. Chill.

I am saying let's get all these interpretations out on the table and tie those interpretations to acts on the ground.

No hate there. Let's see it all.

Exactly. It's about bashing the entire religion of Islam, not the deeds of a minority.

It is about defining what that belief truly is as there are a lot of people saying what it is so let's define what is meant by the words of Islam.

There are more words in Islam that do not fit Western definitions, so we must define Islam in Western terms so we can understand.

If you look in the bible you will find violent language. In the past, that language has been used to justify violence. That doesn't mean the religion of Judaism or Christianity is violent because of these passages.

Are there people in the world today committing violent acts and using their religion to justify that? Yes. That's wrong.

I do not support violence, no matter whose religion appears to justify it.

Why aren't you talking to Muslims if you want to understand their scriptures? What makes you think this website which has a pre-existing negative view of the entire religion of Islam will be fair?

I decide as a Buddhist, that the monks in Sri Lanka are misguided. There is NO justification for violence in the Buddha's teachings and I challenge anyone to study Kangyur and Tangyur and see if violence can be found.

Those monks engaged in violence in Sri Lanka are committing grave misdeeds and accumulating negative karma.

What does peace mean to me? It's means coexistence. Acceptance of differences.

You are completely wrong if you intend to start a war of Islam vs everyone else. Genocide in any form is abomination.

Where was the world when the Chinese committed genocide in Tibet?

Last edited:

If you look in the bible you will find violent language. In the past, that language has been used to justify violence. That doesn't mean the religion of Judaism or Christianity is violent because of these passages.

Are there people in the world today committing violent acts and using their religion to justify that? Yes. That's wrong.

Why aren't you talking to Muslims if you want to understand their scriptures?

I decide as a Buddhist, that the monks in Sri Lanka are misguided. There is NO justification for violence in the Buddha's teachings and I challenge anyone to study Kangyur and Tangyur and see if violence can be found.

Those monks engaged in violence in Sri Lanka are committing grave misdeeds and accumulating negative karma.

You are completely wrong if you intend to start a war of Islam vs everyone else. Genocide in any form is abomination.

I'll accept Muslims... I only have an issue with those Muslims that seek to impose their faith on others. They can forget that shit. Ain't gonna happen.

[Specifically, it's about baiting Sunni Man and Kalam, so far the only Muslim posters I know of here.?

I didn't say you hated Jews. I said that Sunni Man's views are hate filled and you said that this thread was directed to Sunni Man and Kalam.

It is not. Sunni Man hates more than Jews and clearly he hates. I did not state you. I stated him to you. Chill.

I am saying let's get all these interpretations out on the table and tie those interpretations to acts on the ground.

No hate there. Let's see it all.

Stop telling me to chill. This thread is about baiting Muslims, putting them on the defensive to justify their faith.

Kalam and Sunni Man, the only Muslim posters on this forum, have offered alternative interpretations of scripture and Islamophobes and Muslim haters ignore them. I have posted about Sufism, which is Muslim and very peaceful.

My point is that Sunni Man is intolerant, of Jews and homosexuals, but I do not fault the entire religion of Islam as a false path because he's prejudiced.

Last edited:

Why aren't you talking to Muslims if you want to understand their scriptures?

I'll accept Muslims... I only have an issue with those Muslims that seek to impose their faith on others. They can forget that shit. Ain't gonna happen.

I have a problem with ANY faith seeking to impose itself on others. Muslims are not alone in that. Historically, other religions have practiced violent conversion.

In 777 , Charlemagne, a devout Christian, after conquering the Saxon rebels, gave them a choice between baptism and execution. When they refused to convert, he had 4500 of them beheaded in one morning.

Last edited:
It's about stirring up emnity toward Muslims.

This thread is about baiting Muslims, putting them on the defensive to justify their faith.

I see yet another person wants to cram a shoe on that was not meant for their feet.
On the contrary...and speaking from my own perspective...reading the OP made me want to learn MORE about islam. Me, the one that thinks all organized religions sucks big hairy ones. Yeah, me. What attracted me to even want to check it out (which I haven't done yet but plan to pretty darn quick)? The calm manner in which the OP stated the website was created for. To KNOW, and therefore be more informed.
So from reading the following results, I see some having a hissy. Why? Because maybe some want it to stay violent and westerners ignorant on that which Mohammed tried to teach HIMSELF? Shame on you.

Stop telling me to chill. This thread is about baiting Muslims, putting them on the defensive to justify their faith.

Kalam and Sunni Man, the only Muslim posters on this forum, have offered alternative interpretations of scripture and Islamophobes and Muslim haters ignore them. I have posted about Sufism, which is Muslim and very peaceful.

My point is that Sunni Man is intolerant, of Jews and homosexuals, but I do not fault the entire religion of Islam as a false path because he's prejudiced.

This thread is not about baiting Musliims. That's just your view.

You are not the be all and end all Sky Dancer.

Your view is that this thread is about baiting Muslims.

That's the difference.

Of course, these are my views Ropey. Last time I looked I was free to express them.

You are also expressing your views, that the entire religion of Islam should be condemned because some lunatics misinterpret scripture.

In my view, you're wrong.

But I get the message. I'll stop posting my views on this thread.

Last edited:
This Thread is not about Condemning Islam, but, separating the Wheat from the Chaff within it. Let's distinguish between an Individual's Right of Freedom of Religion, and the Will to Impose that Religion on Others through Force.

Bullshit. This thread is a complete condemnation of Muslims all over the world.

Wow. I thought he was talking about Christians.

In my view, you're wrong.

But I get the message. I'll stop posting my views on this thread.

Not at all Sky Dancer. You just need to preface your views so that they do not come out as if you are speaking with more than your opinion.

Your opinion that this is a Muslim trashing thread is fine. You don't need to leave unless you don't like it that the views of others might not be commensurate with yours.

this thread is not about condemning islam, but, separating the wheat from the chaff within it. Let's distinguish between an individual's right of freedom of religion, and the will to impose that religion on others through force.

qft

Check out the link in the OP. The whole purpose of that website is to discredit the RELIGION of Islam, not the actions of misguided adherents. The premise of the OP is that the religion of Islam itself is violent. I disagree.

Any religion that seeks to convert others by force is misguided. Perhaps, we forget other religions throughout history have done this kind of thing.

Does that make the religions themselves invalid? Is. say no. Christianity is not invalid even though it hasn't been 100% peaceful in it's conversions throughout history.

"The process of Christianization has at times been relatively peaceful and at times has been a very violent process, ranging from political conversions to adopt Christianity to military campaigns to force conversion onto native populaces often resulting in massacres and murder."
Christianization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could only encourage you to go to the root of the teachings, instead of looking at the "sins" of people.

I know you said the RCC and some of its leaders, and others have horribly misrepresented Jesus Christ our Lord. And yes, many have. Many are false prophets. The Bible it says to be careful of "wolves" in sheeps clothing. We also can test the spirits to see if they are from God. Jesus Christ never killed anyone, nor would He tell people to do so.

I know you don't believe, but imagine yourself for a moment that Jesus Christ is Lord and there is a Satan. What do you think one of the best ways for Satan would be to try to keep people away from Jesus? Satan would deceive, lie, come as an angel of "light", or have his own representatives say they are "Christians", and then like Charlemagne, kill others - falsely in the name of Christianity.

This link may also be helpful in comparing Jesus and Muhammad. Please see the comparisons. Look at the roots of the teachings (Jesus vs Muhammad). Feel free to do the research yourself also on this site. In other words, don't believe me, look at the Bible, vs the Quran.

A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Calling out the truth about what a "doctrine" teaches is not "bashing", it's enlightening. In this case, Islam. I think Buddha would have said that is ok, wouldn't he?

Last edited:

Check out the link in the OP. The whole purpose of that website is to discredit the RELIGION of Islam, not the actions of misguided adherents. The premise of the OP is that the religion of Islam itself is violent. I disagree.

Any religion that seeks to convert others by force is misguided. Perhaps, we forget other religions throughout history have done this kind of thing.

Does that make the religions themselves invalid? Is. say no. Christianity is not invalid even though it hasn't been 100% peaceful in it's conversions throughout history.

"The process of Christianization has at times been relatively peaceful and at times has been a very violent process, ranging from political conversions to adopt Christianity to military campaigns to force conversion onto native populaces often resulting in massacres and murder."
Christianization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could only encourage you to go to the root of the teachings, instead of looking at the "sins" of people.

I know you said the RCC and some of its leaders, and others have horribly misrepresented Jesus Christ our Lord. And yes, many have. Many are false prophets. The Bible it says to be careful of "wolves" in sheeps clothing. We also can test the spirits to see if they are from God. Jesus Christ never killed anyone, nor would He tell people to do so.

I know you don't believe, but imagine yourself for a moment that Jesus Christ is Lord and there is a Satan. What do you think one of the best ways for Satan would be to try to keep people away from Jesus? He would deceive, lie, come as an angel of "light", or have his own representatives say they are "Christians", and then like Charlemagne, kill others - falsely in the name of Christianity.

This link may also be helpful in comparing Jesus and Muhammad. Please see the comparisons. Look at the roots of the teachings (Jesus vs Muhammad). Feel free to do the research yourself also on this site. In other words, don't believe me, look at the Bible, vs the Quran.

A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Calling out the truth about what a "doctrine" teaches is not "bashing", it's enlightening. In this case, Islam. I think Buddha would have said that is ok, wouldn't he?

You say you are 'callling out the truth of what a doctrine teaches'. I say you are quoting scripture out of context and unwilling to hear any alternative interpretation that challenges your prejudice. That's the same as an atheist taking bible passages to prove that Christianity is a violent faith.

You are a Christian, and naturally you feel your religion is superior to Islam. I have no problem with that. If you thought Buddhism was superior to Christianity you'd convert, as I did. I am Buddhist. You are a Christian. It's natural we think highly of our own tradition. That doesn't mean one is inherently superior to the other. It's just our opinions based on life experience.

I do object to the conclusion that Islam as an entire religion is inherently flawed based on the actions of a minority of adherents anymore than I would fault all Christians for the actions of Charlemagne.

It not my job to defend or condemn anyone else's religion. Truth is truth. Fundamentalists take scripture literally.
And people who want to condemn a religion take their scriptures literally. There are many ways to interpret bible passages, the same can be true for the Q'uran.

You folks can't seem to know the difference between condemning the actions of individuals who interpret scripture to justify violence and the deeper truth behind the scripture.

Take the meaning of the word, jihad for example. It can be interpreted as an inner spiritual battle, not an external one.

Honestly, I think the reason that Christians can so easily dismiss the entire religion of Islam as flawed or invalid has to do with your basic belief in good and evil. You are eternalists. You think people are inherently bad, and need to be 'saved'.

Buddhists see all beings as pure in essence.

Last edited:
Calling out the truth about what a "doctrine" teaches is not "bashing", it's enlightening.

Indeed. And what is happening on the ground today is proof of the words today. How can one truly bash what is truth? All they can do is attack the words, but the words have their meaning regardless of support or bash.

The truth needs not support or bash. It simply is. Let's find the truth of the words of Islam.

Because there are far different meanings for many of the English definitions of the Arabic words.

As I said, the definition of Peace in Islam is totally different than the definition of Peace in RC/Judaism.

Yet they are interchanged when Muslims speak of Peace in English. Does anyone think the two meanings are the same?
The Arabic term "Islam" itself (إسلام) is usually translated as "submission"; submission of desires to the will of God. It comes from the term aslama, which means "to surrender" or "resign oneself".[1]

Peace in Islamic philosophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peace describes a society or a relationship that is operating harmoniously and without violent conflict. Peace is commonly understood as the absence of hostility, or the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, safety in matters of social or economic welfare, the acknowledgment of equality, and fairness in political relationships.

Peace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no problem with the concept of surrender. Ego surrenders to buddha nature in Buddhism. Christians surrender to Jesus.

Muslims surrender to God. This is spiritual surrender and it is the cause of peace.

It beats the heck out of surrendering to bigotry.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the concept of surrender. Ego surrenders to buddha nature in Buddhism. Christians surrender to Jesus.

Muslims surrender to God.

It beats the heck out of surrendering to bigotry.

Do you have anything against Dhimmi having to surrender to the will of those who surrender to the will of Allah?

THIS is the kind of thread I enjoy reading. Differing views..without the C word, the N word, the political rights vs the lefts, the bashings and name callings, the insults that someone is a whore or a pig, etc.

This is how I learn. This is where I learn. This is what whets my appetite to dig deeper for "truth" that enlightens ME..which is all that matters.

So I hope you stay and continue speaking skydancer.

Here is a Sufi Muslim poem by Rumi which describes surrender. As a Buddhist, I can relate to it.

The grapes of my body can only become wine
After the winemaker tramples me.
I surrender my spirit like grapes to his trampling
So my inmost heart can blaze and dance with joy.
Although the grapes go on weeping blood and sobbing
"I cannot bear any more anguish, any more cruelty"
The trampler stuffs cotton in his ears: "I am not working in ignorance
You can deny me if you want, you have every excuse,
But it is I who am the Master of this Work.
And when through my Passion you reach Perfection,
You will never be done praising my name."

Forum List

Back