About the Tea Party

I see the Tea party as the common man who has just now found his voice after many years of fat, lazy silence. Right now they are clownish and disorganized in their new reincarnation and need polish and direction but that IS the voice of the common man you are hearing, make no mistake about it. Later it will morph into what it will eventually be, for good or ill but don't be too quick to laugh, my friends. Far smaller factions of far less experienced members have changed the world.

I also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

That bunch of guys that dumped all the Tetley in the Boston Harbor were a disorganized bunch of rabble too. Never judge anything by it's first reincarnation. And never underestimate the common man when you stir him up. After all, the Boston Tea Partiers were just pissed off over a breakfast beverage.

I see the Tea Party as an attempt by GOP voters outside of the beltway to rebrand themselves after an abysmal 8 years of George W. Bush, which has totally trashed the GOP brand name.

As much as everyone says "it's all about taxes", the same old wedge issues are being propelled.

As such, it has reluctantly been embraced by the powers that be in the GOP.

But, hey, I am glad you guys rediscovered your sense of fiscal conservatism!

I see the Tea party as the common man who has just now found his voice after many years of fat, lazy silence. Right now they are clownish and disorganized in their new reincarnation and need polish and direction but that IS the voice of the common man you are hearing, make no mistake about it. Later it will morph into what it will eventually be, for good or ill but don't be too quick to laugh, my friends. Far smaller factions of far less experienced members have changed the world.

I also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

That bunch of guys that dumped all the Tetley in the Boston Harbor were a disorganized bunch of rabble too. Never judge anything by it's first reincarnation. And never underestimate the common man when you stir him up. After all, the Boston Tea Partiers were just pissed off over a breakfast beverage.

Those original people did not have the Koch brothers running them. They had brains of their own.

The modern tea baggers started off with the right intensions but were taken over by people more interested in money. Those guys actually had baggers fighting for the insurance companies. They are that good.

wow.

Probably this too shall pass eventually. More upright organizations than not were started with less that sterling credentials. It's just the first wave, the initial incarnation. The TP has a long way to go and they will shuffle off the chaff and the trouble makers as they progress. . .that's my guess. If they want to be taken seriously they have to get serious. The Koch brothers? Just a blip on the radar. A means to an end perhaps, but certainly not the golden children that will eventually lead the way. I leave that to coolers heads.

I can dig it, cool post.

Let me guess some anti-teapartier already came in and said "they are all racist cause obama is black" LOL.

Not yet but the post is still young. Give 'em time.:eusa_shhh:

I see the Tea Party as an attempt by GOP voters outside of the beltway to rebrand themselves after an abysmal 8 years of George W. Bush, which has totally trashed the GOP brand name.

As much as everyone says "it's all about taxes", the same old wedge issues are being propelled.

gee thanks Geaux. I can always count on you for the knee jerk rude assumption of knowing everything one needs to know about everyone else. Being the smartest guy in the room must be a terrible burden.

I'm not a conservative now nor was I one when I was marching against Nixon, nor marching to 'Free Huey' nor was I one when I said 'Free Lt. Calley.' It always amazes me when your type jumps in completely unarmed with facts to bring the rest of us ' the emmis truth according to you'.:lol:

gee thanks Geaux. I can always count on you for the knee jerk rude assumption of knowing everything one needs to know about everyone else. Being the smartest guy in the room must be a terrible burden.

Well, I am glad you've got me all figured out in 125 posts or less.

Here's a novel idea: this is an internet message board. People post their opinions on them. Why that notion would be offensive to you is beyond me. Perhaps you should invest in an echo box.

I'm not a conservative now nor was I one when I was marching against Nixon, nor marching to 'Free Huey' nor was I one when I said 'Free Lt. Calley.'

You wanted to Free Lt. Calley? What in the hell is wrong with you? You got your wish, I suppose.

It always amazes me when your type jumps in completely unarmed with facts to bring the rest of us ' the emmis truth according to you'.:lol:

Again, since you seem to have some trouble with this notion, when did I ever state that my opinion was "fact".

Well, I am glad you've got me all figured out in 125 posts or less.

It wasn't exactly brain surgery.

Here's a novel idea: this is an internet message board. People post their opinions on them. Why that notion would be offensive to you is beyond me. Perhaps you should invest in an echo box.

Do tell? Am I stepping on your toes then?

I'm not a conservative now nor was I one when I was marching against Nixon, nor marching to 'Free Huey' nor was I one when I said 'Free Lt. Calley.'

You wanted to Free Lt. Calley? What in the hell is wrong with you? You got your wish, I suppose.

Not so much. Turns out he was a pretty bad guy, but then we were young.

It always amazes me when your type jumps in completely unarmed with facts to bring the rest of us ' the emmis truth according to you'.:lol:

Again, since you seem to have some trouble with this notion, when did I ever state that my opinion was "fact".

Oh I think the unnecessary sarcasm tipped me off.

I'm not a conservative now nor was I one when I was marching against Nixon, nor marching to 'Free Huey' nor was I one when I said 'Free Lt. Calley.' It always amazes me when your type jumps in completely unarmed with facts to bring the rest of us ' the emmis truth according to you'.:lol:

Registered Democrats in New Mexico outnumber the Reublicans about 2 to 1. We have had strong Democrat majorities in our state legislature since NM became a state in 1912. Based on that, coupled with informal straw polls, I can safely say registered Republicans were most likely outnumbered by Independents and conservative Democrats at our Tea Party events and rallies here. The Tea Party by no means is an arm of the GOP. Rather Republicans are falling all over themselves to get a favorable nod from the Tea Party. And those that don't pass muster in the key issues the Tea Party pushes don't get that nod.

No, the problem with the economy right now is that they didn't let Jr.'s tax cuts expire. Wanna know why they were set up for 10 years? To see if they worked. Thus far, they haven't.

The tax cuts worked pretty well. The unemployment rate was around 5% when the Democrats were calling it the worst economy since the Great Depression. That was about 15 million jobs ago.

'member?

Then the credit fiasco broke loose thanks largely to the lax lending laws put in place by the idiot thieves in Congress in both parties and their willing accomplices in the White House and the Fed.

The 9/11 Recession was fairly short lived. This one is not. About 2 Trillion of Failed Stimulus plus QE later and we're still screwed.

Still another complex solution. So complex it could never work.

The Bush tax cuts and relaxation of some unnecessary regulation was exactly what the country needed in the wake of the 9/11 recession and it is a large reason for why that recession was relatively short lived. History has shown over and over that the right kind of tax relief can be a shot in the arm to the economy. But it has to be targeted at industry and the producers of jobs to have any long term effect. If it does not generate a robust economy providing new taxes to offset any short term loss to the treasury, the stimulus fails. The Bush tax cuts succeeded in generating new taxes to offset any losses.

Tax increases done at the wrong time or in the wrong way have a similar sure effect on slowing the economy. Bush41 did that with disastrous results.

Unfortunately tax cuts or increases do nothing to stem the appetite of Congress to spend every penny it gets plus a lot more.

The economic stimulus from a good tax or regulation reform is also limited in effect and will generate new economic activity for only so long. However, the new level of GDP, though it will retreat a bit, will generally settle out at a sustained higher level than it was before the stimulus.

Bush's tax reform netted some very good things.

Obama's tax and regulation policies so far have netted us a sustained period of a high misery index.

One thing that would definitely have boosted Obama's cred would have been to leave off the healthcare hoohah and to have concentrated on the housing industry, unemployment and taxes. . .in that order. He put the cart WAAAYY before the horse and we are the poorer for it.

Registered Democrats in New Mexico outnumber the Reublicans about 2 to 1. We have had strong Democrat majorities in our state legislature since NM became a state in 1912. Based on that, coupled with informal straw polls, I can safely say registered Republicans were most likely outnumbered by Independents and conservative Democrats at our Tea Party events and rallies here. The Tea Party by no means is an arm of the GOP. Rather Republicans are falling all over themselves to get a favorable nod from the Tea Party. And those that don't pass muster in the key issues the Tea Party pushes don't get that nod.

It never ceases to amaze me when the Tea Party's detractors fail to understand that most Tea partiers don't appear to be for either side, and in fact are mostly fed up with 'business as usual' altogether. How could they miss the point by such a huge margin? And how do they equate republicans as automaticaly being Tea Partiers? Don't they read?

I could go on and on.
Gah - please don’t, that tirade of stupidity and ignorance was quite enough.

Individual Liberty
Our moral, political, and economic liberties are inherent, not granted by our government. It is essential to the practice of these liberties that we be free from restriction over our peaceful political expression and free from excessive control over our economic choices.

Yet the right wishes to violate one’s right to privacy with regard to abortion, search and seizure policy, and warrantless surveillance.

Limited Government
The purpose of our government is to exercise only those limited powers that have been relinquished to it by the people, chief among these being the protection of our liberties by administering justice and ensuring our safety from threats arising inside or outside our country’s sovereign borders. When our government ventures beyond these functions and attempts to increase its power over the marketplace and the economic decisions of individuals, our liberties are diminished and the probability of corruption, internal strife, economic depression, and poverty increases.

Economic Freedom
The most powerful, proven instrument of material and social progress is the free market. The market economy, driven by the accumulated expressions of individual economic choices, is the only economic system that preserves and enhances individual liberty. Any other economic system, regardless of its intended pragmatic benefits, undermines our fundamental rights as free people.

Pity the right doesn’t have the same concern for privacy and due process rights as it does ‘economic’ rights.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win -Ghandi

That should be the tea party motto ;)

Somewhere in there you also have to include:
then they falsely accuse you
then they ridicule you
then they mischaracterize you
then they fall back on straw men, red herrings, and non sequiturs
then they blame you

If nothing else convinced me, the extreme and constant negative reaction from the entrenched Left would convince me that the Tea Party was worth watching and was likely on the right track.

Forum List

Back