About the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by CandySlice, Apr 14, 2011.

1. CandySlice

CandySlice This is a Dark ride

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I see the Tea party as the common man who has just now found his voice after many years of fat, lazy silence. Right now they are clownish and disorganized in their new reincarnation and need polish and direction but that IS the voice of the common man you are hearing, make no mistake about it. Later it will morph into what it will eventually be, for good or ill but don't be too quick to laugh, my friends. Far smaller factions of far less experienced members have changed the world.

I also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

That bunch of guys that dumped all the Tetley in the Boston Harbor were a disorganized bunch of rabble too. Never judge anything by it's first reincarnation. And never underestimate the common man when you stir him up. After all, the Boston Tea Partiers were just pissed off over a breakfast beverage.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vrXJ5-EuoE]YouTube - Tea Party Idiots Exposed By Boston Globe![/ame]

3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,920
    And, consistent with that thought, I was surprised to find that Jack Cafferty, a voice on the Left from CNN, said the following:

"FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

For those who thought the Tea Party was a passing fad, it might be time to reconsider:

For starters, it seems like the Tea Partiers may be among the only people in Washington who are serious about reining in government spending.

While Democrats and Republicans talk... and talk... and talk about cutting spending and reducing our skyrocketing deficits and $14 trillion national debt, some in the Tea Party have real solutions."
    Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Tea Party the answer to cutting govt. spending? « - CNN.com Blogs

Too bad that the dolt just below the OP can't see beyond party designation.

4. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Truthseeker, I get it, they are a funny bunch of folks right now. But the end of the world? I doubt it. Just looks to me like a bunch of folks, older folks mostly, that like to wear their uniforms and have themselves heard.

5. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155

People like that don't usually look past the surface of most anything. It's one of the reasons we are where we are today.

6. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    I think they are afraid of the ever changing world and it makes them uncomfortable. I agree with a lot of their gripes but you can't be getting welfare from the government and blasting Obama health care.

7. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155

When did we establish anyone was getting welfare from the Gov't?? I was talking about the tea party.

8. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    My vid was about the tea party, did you watch it?

9. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    I think the next political force will be something that represents Main Street America ala the Middle Class. As of late there has been alot of stirring within that demographic as they are finally getting a clue that they have been left behind economically.
    Based on the agenda of the Tea Party, I'd say they are tools for Corporate America, who has been abusing the working middle class for over three decades.

10. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Honestly, no I didn't. I've seen them before and it didn't look especially compelling. I will correct that now so give me a min.

Okay, let me say this about that. It looks to me like the only thing NOT covered by Obamacare is working hard and busting your ass. Is that really that guys first name??