About the Tea Party

CandySlice

This is a Dark ride
Apr 7, 2009
Houston Texas
I see the Tea party as the common man who has just now found his voice after many years of fat, lazy silence. Right now they are clownish and disorganized in their new reincarnation and need polish and direction but that IS the voice of the common man you are hearing, make no mistake about it. Later it will morph into what it will eventually be, for good or ill but don't be too quick to laugh, my friends. Far smaller factions of far less experienced members have changed the world.

I also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

That bunch of guys that dumped all the Tetley in the Boston Harbor were a disorganized bunch of rabble too. Never judge anything by it's first reincarnation. And never underestimate the common man when you stir him up. After all, the Boston Tea Partiers were just pissed off over a breakfast beverage.

Last edited:
I see the Tea party as the common man who has just now found his voice after many years of fat, lazy silence. Right now they are clownish and disorganized in their new reincarnation and need polish and direction but that IS the voice of the common man you are hearing, make no mistake about it. Later it will morph into what it will eventually be, for good or ill but don't be too quick to laugh, my friends. Far smaller factions of far less experienced members have changed the world.

also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now, a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

That bunch of guys that dumped all the Tetley in the Boston Harbor were a disorganized bunch of rabble too. Never judge anything by it's first reincarnation. And never underestimate the common man when you stir him up. After all, the Boston Tea Partiers were just pissed off over a breakfast beverage.

And, consistent with that thought, I was surprised to find that Jack Cafferty, a voice on the Left from CNN, said the following:

"FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

For those who thought the Tea Party was a passing fad, it might be time to reconsider:

For starters, it seems like the Tea Partiers may be among the only people in Washington who are serious about reining in government spending.

While Democrats and Republicans talk... and talk... and talk about cutting spending and reducing our skyrocketing deficits and $14 trillion national debt, some in the Tea Party have real solutions."
Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Tea Party the answer to cutting govt. spending? « - CNN.com Blogs

Too bad that the dolt just below the OP can't see beyond party designation.

i also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now, a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

And, consistent with that thought, I was surprised to find that Jack Cafferty, a voice on the Left from CNN, said the following:

For those who thought the Tea Party was a passing fad, it might be time to reconsider:

For starters, it seems like the Tea Partiers may be among the only people in Washington who are serious about reining in government spending.

While Democrats and Republicans talk... and talk... and talk about cutting spending and reducing our skyrocketing deficits and $14 trillion national debt, some in the Tea Party have real solutions."
Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Tea Party the answer to cutting govt. spending? « - CNN.com Blogs

People like that don't usually look past the surface of most anything. It's one of the reasons we are where we are today.

Truthseeker, I get it, they are a funny bunch of folks right now. But the end of the world? I doubt it. Just looks to me like a bunch of folks, older folks mostly, that like to wear their uniforms and have themselves heard.

I think they are afraid of the ever changing world and it makes them uncomfortable. I agree with a lot of their gripes but you can't be getting welfare from the government and blasting Obama health care.

Truthseeker, I get it, they are a funny bunch of folks right now. But the end of the world? I doubt it. Just looks to me like a bunch of folks, older folks mostly, that like to wear their uniforms and have themselves heard.

I think they are afraid of the ever changing world and it makes them uncomfortable. I agree with a lot of their gripes but you can't be getting welfare from the government and blasting Obama health care.

When did we establish anyone was getting welfare from the Gov't?? I was talking about the tea party.

When did we establish anyone was getting welfare from the Gov't?? I was talking about the tea party.

My vid was about the tea party, did you watch it?

I think the next political force will be something that represents Main Street America ala the Middle Class. As of late there has been alot of stirring within that demographic as they are finally getting a clue that they have been left behind economically.
Based on the agenda of the Tea Party, I'd say they are tools for Corporate America, who has been abusing the working middle class for over three decades.

Last edited:

My vid was about the tea party, did you watch it?

Honestly, no I didn't. I've seen them before and it didn't look especially compelling. I will correct that now so give me a min.

Okay, let me say this about that. It looks to me like the only thing NOT covered by Obamacare is working hard and busting your ass. Is that really that guys first name??

Last edited:
the so called tea-party should be stronger, we need all the help we can get in washington. this last budget deal for 38billion is actually 350 million, dont you get tired of being lied to.

I think the next political force will be something that represents Main Street America ala the Middle Class. As of late there has been alot of stirring within that demographic as they are finally getting a clue that they have been left behind economically.
Based on the agenda of the Tea Party, I'd say they are tools for Corporate America, who has been abusing the working middle class for over three decades.

That's an interesting thought Kiwi. Maybe that's what the Tea Party will wind up being.

The big question to me about the TP is whether they get too involved in social issues to the point where their primary focus on debt and deficits and the role of gov't is diminished. Are they going to get wrapped around the axle on stuff like Planned Parenthood and NPR, cuz then their political force begins to wane.

I am so glad these people stood up and started speaking their mind. Otherwise we'd have one group of progressives following another and spending money like crazy until the stuff hits the fan. Yeah, they ain't polished or politically savvy, but they have changed the focus of debate in this country on what the gov't can or should do and how to pay for it. And that's a good thing no matter who you are or what you believe.

The 'Tea Party' will look as silly as a rainbow afro wig in a few years. They're basically political malcontents - Not a whole lot more. I don't even understand what exactly it is they're trying to accomplish anymore. The overwhelming mantra (besides 'Obama sucks') seems to be "Cut taxes and balance the budget." I can't think of a suitable analogy for such an overwhelming intellectual disconnect.

The big question to me about the TP is whether they get too involved in social issues to the point where their primary focus on debt and deficits and the role of gov't is diminished. Are they going to get wrapped around the axle on stuff like Planned Parenthood and NPR, cuz then their political force begins to wane.

I am so glad these people stood up and started speaking their mind. Otherwise we'd have one group of progressives following another and spending money like crazy until the stuff hits the fan. Yeah, they ain't polished or politically savvy, but they have changed the focus of debate in this country on what the gov't can or should do and how to pay for it. And that's a good thing no matter who you are or what you believe.

I cannot see the downside of people actually taking an interest in their government no matter what they call themselves. It's about time we started watching these nimrods that have been running roughshod over this country for decades, allowed to do as they wish without consulting anybody but their money men.
Like I said, they are clumsy and clownish at this point (the tea partiers) and I doubt 20 years from now they willl be able to look back on their roots and see a clear path to where they are at that time. Lots of twists and turns, power struggles and power grabs ahead for these people but I just find it comforting to know there are still people out there that want to stop the madness a little bit.

As for fearing the future, as one guy mentioned, who wouldn't fear a future like the one most of us see in front of us?

The 'Tea Party' will look as silly as a rainbow afro wig in a few years. They're basically political malcontents - Not a whole lot more. I don't even understand what exactly it is they're trying to accomplish anymore. The overwhelming mantra (besides 'Obama sucks') seems to be "Cut taxes and balance the budget." I can't think of a suitable analogy for such an overwhelming intellectual disconnect.

I agree.

I mean.........if they cut your pay (i.e. taxes to the government), yeah.....you've got to cut your household budget somewhere.

However..........if you lose your job and have no income (i.e. taxes), no matter how much you cut, you'll never be able to do anything like eat, pay rent and utilities.

Cutting taxes is a lot like cutting the governments paycheck. Only trouble is, many of the GOP are looking to EXPAND government in stuff like drug testing welfare recepients and the like.

Do you know how much drug testing costs? It ain't cheap, just ask the Armed Forces.

I also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Well, now a small faction of people that remember when this country was great have gotten a platform and a voice. That is always scary to the leaches because they don't want to let go of their fat host. But the host has been drained almost dry and they'll fall off while the rest of us try to revive it.

I can dig it, cool post.

Let me guess some anti-teapartier already came in and said "they are all racist cause obama is black" LOL.

also see the 'fat, lazy' as just about all of us that have been cruising along for several generations letting the Government run itself while we reaped the benefits. But something has gone terribly wrong there in the last few decades, hasn't it? And it's not just Democrats, and it's not just Republicans and it's not just corporations and it's not just a shaky infrastructure, is it? It's all of us that have stood by while others that did not have our country's best interest at heart have been given full head to do as they wish, politicians from both parties that have passed laws without looking down the road at the possible complications and ramifications or doing so. And why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T WATCHING.

Real solutions or simple solutions to complex issues? I see the latter; real solutions require complex and critical thinking to anticipate what are the intended and what may be the unintended consequences of an action.

Real solutions or simple solutions to complex issues? I see the latter; real solutions require complex and critical thinking to anticipate what are the intended and what may be the unintended consequences of an action.

The problem is our government is spending too much money in general.

The tea parties say cut the spending across the board, eliminate programs, bring troops home, and keep the tax burdens low to deal with it.

How is that not a real solution to the problem of overspending?

No, the problem with the economy right now is that they didn't let Jr.'s tax cuts expire. Wanna know why they were set up for 10 years? To see if they worked. Thus far, they haven't.

Forum List

Back