About That Alabama Imigration Law....

I just wish the other 49 states would adopt immigration laws like Alabama.

Why stop there? Just reinstate segregation. Or even slavery – problem solved.

They are just unhappy that they might have to hire actual Alabamans.

Then they’d be required to pay actual wages, as in minimum, at least. Given the horrendous physical demands of the work, no American citizen would ‘stoop’ to that, even in Alabama.

I too am having trouble working up sympathy for those who hire illegals when a state finally cracks down on the problem. I watched a Rock Center story on this and was shocked at how boldly people admitted that they broke the law and complained about not being allowed to anymore.

I hope Alabama can ride this out and build an economy based on lawful labor.

Which would result in a $20 ear of corn.

(are all conservatives this naïve and clueless…)

I will lose a lot of respect for Alabama if they repeal this law...........
That wouldn't be much of a loss.

Alabama Republicans who pushed through the nation's toughest law against illegal immigrants are having second thoughts amid a backlash from big business, fueled by the embarrassing traffic stops of two foreign employees tied to the state's prized Honda and Mercedes plants.

Other Republicans say the law is causing unnecessary problems for legal residents.

Ala. GOP leaders have 2nd thoughts on immigration - Yahoo! News

This is what happen when hate, ignorance, and blind adherence to rightist dogma guides the legislative process.

You bastards whine about the constitution allowing slavery and yet seem unconcerned about how illegal immiagrant labor (near slave labor) is used in states like this.

It boggles the mind.

So a peach crop wasn't picked. BFD.

I'll bet more did than didn't.

When they passed such a law in AZ, some classrooms shrunk as much as 25%. That didn't bother anyone whose kids were there legally. First, no languge issues. Second more personal time for the remaining kids.

I hope they shut them off altogether.

"The Histanics, legal and illegal, decide the additional harrassment, along with the normal bigotry of that area, is just too much, and leave for other pastures."

And I expect the vast majority of Alabamans will be tickled to death to see them go. And rightly so. Oregon is welcome to all the wetbacks the it can pack in there and all the crime, drain on social services, and increased unemployment that comes with them.

Yes, for all it's benvolence, Oregon is even struggling to keep an open mind about this. The last time I was in Portland, they were talking about how illegals were really a drain on things.

I just wish the other 49 states would adopt immigration laws like Alabama.

Why stop there? Just reinstate segregation. Or even slavery – problem solved.

You mean like we already segregate and discriminate and enslave people who break the law.....we put criminals in jail. We segregate them from us. We strip them of their rights. We enslave them to authority with no real means of recourse.

What was your question ?

They are just unhappy that they might have to hire actual Alabamans. If you hire illegals you are also a criminal that deserves no sympathy from anyone.

I too am having trouble working up sympathy for those who hire illegals when a state finally cracks down on the problem. I watched a Rock Center story on this and was shocked at how boldly people admitted that they broke the law and complained about not being allowed to anymore.

I hope Alabama can ride this out and build an economy based on lawful labor.

This is exactly why Sheriff Joe wont go after business owners in Arionza. He only (with a camera crew in tow) goes after the workers while he is shaking hands with the owners.

If America really wanted to get rid of the illegals, it would do exactly what Alabama did and then you people screaming for them to leave will finally get it. WE cant afford them not being here.

America loves cheap labor. Its so simple really and this is the perfect example of what happens when you actually do it. Get rid of illegals.

Its irrefutable.

Many of the illegals left, a lot of legal green card holders left too. The chicken plants are crying the blues and I personally know of one peach crop that only got about 1/4 picked for lack of workers. To a state that counts on cheap migrant labor this was deliberate self sabotage.

So it's "self sabotage?" Basically that's what you call it when you don't believe in what someone else is doing.

"If America really wanted to get rid of the illegals, it would do exactly what Alabama did and then you people screaming for them to leave will finally get it"

GREAT!!!

"Then they’d be required to pay actual wages, as in minimum, at least. Given the horrendous physical demands of the work, no American citizen would ‘stoop’ to that, even in Alabama."

Unadulterated horse pucky. I've worked the fields for $5/day (dawn to dusk)+ lunch. Americans aren't nearly the wimps you're trying to present them as.

"America loves cheap labor. Its so simple really and this is the perfect example of what happens when you actually do it. Get rid of illegals."

Example? Some criminals-illegal alians and their employers-are unfomfortable with the new law because they might be held accountable for their actions? Only greedy employers love cheap labor; not America.

The law has come under fire from critics, especially after the recent detentions of two foreign auto workers under the measure for failure to have a valid driver's license. Opponents said those incidents, along with negative publicity, threaten the state's ability to lure future international business.

Alabama Weighs Changes to Immigration Law - WSJ.com

Well I had heard people were going to have to start paying for newscorp content, why would you post a link to a website that demands a subscription to access it's content?

Forum List

Back