Reno 911 - Comedy Central
Nip/Tuck - FX
Smallville - WB
Chappelle's Show - Comedy Central

Honourable Mention:

Stargate SG1 - SciFi
Stargate Atlantis - SciFi
The Family Guy - Cartoon Network

Great list, D, Reno and Chappelle are two of my favorites, too. I'd say Reno, 911 is probably the best ensemble on TV right now. Overall, my favorite show is probably Six Feet Under. I missed the last half of this past season (my mom tapes it for me, thanks to Hurricane Charley, we missed it!), but I've liked everything else I've seen.

I haven't seen Lost yet, but I heard it's good. I keep missing it, and it really seems like the kind of thing you need to watch steadily in order to fully get into. Which is another reason I have had trouble getting into Nip/Tuck, I've missed so much of it, it is a pain to try and figure out everything that's going on.

One thing though...

Honourable Mention:

Stargate SG1 - SciFi
Stargate Atlantis - SciFi
The Family Guy - Cartoon Network

Yeah, honourable if you're still living in your parents' basement! :tng:

Just kidding, I've never seen either Stargates, and I have a sort of love/hate relationship with Family Guy. But it's cool if you like them.

Dan said:
Yeah, honourable if you're still living in your parents' basement! :tng:

Just kidding, I've never seen either Stargates, and I have a sort of love/hate relationship with Family Guy. But it's cool if you like them.

:p

The Stargate shows offer adventure - decent writing, and pretty darn good production value. It's neat seeing them trot around lower Brittish Columbia, Canada and pass it off as an Alien world...same goes for Vancouver BC being a stand in for Colorado. :)

McGyver is excellent in the show - his character is written VERY well. If you like SciFi shows...it's worth it.

The Family Guy - what to say...Very VERY intelligent-if-off-the-wall writing...

good times... :)

gop_jeff said:
My Top 5:

Monday Night Football
Sunday Night Football
Sunday Afternoon Football
Sunday Morning Football
Fox News
You forgot the most important ones
Thursday night and Saturday Football!!!

My Top 5:

Monday Night Football
Sunday Night Football
Sunday Afternoon Football
Sunday Morning Football
Fox News

Jeff, my man, you're a walking Jeff Foxworthy joke. ;)

The Family Guy - what to say...Very VERY intelligent-if-off-the-wall writing...

See, I don't find it that intelligent, though. Most of it is just pop culture references, and most of the time, they don't even do any sort of original twist on them.

EG: Stewie makes reference to how he should start a film career. Then it cuts to a poster for "There's Something About Stewie", then all it does is redo the hair gel scene with Stewie in Diaz's place. There was nothing really original about that, in my opinion.

Which isn't to say the show doesn't make me laugh. Every episode probably makes me laugh out loud at least three times. But, most of the jokes (in my opinion) are very obvious and many of the plots are ripped straight from the Simpsons, so I don't find it intelligent.

Now, Arrested Development, THERE'S a really intelligent TV show.

Anyone caught an episode of "Disgrunted Housewives" yet? I only saw it once, but it looks like something I wouldnt mind catching every week...

I'll add "Survivor" to my list too. I'm a reality show junkie. :D

i don't get to watch much TV being overseas but here goes

Nip/Tuck
Chappelle's Show
The Dead Zone
CNN International World Sport
ANY SHOW from discovery channel or history channel

Forum List

Back