About small business people...

If GM built a car half as good as a Lexus they wouldn't be coming cap in hand to borrow 50 billion from the the frickin' taxpayers.

If any of the presidents since Carter had believed in energy conservation, we would be in much better shape than we are.

Al Gore did, but Republican voter suppression in Florida kept him from getting elected.

If any of the presidents since Carter had believed in energy conservation, we would be in much better shape than we are.

Al Gore did, but Republican voter suppression in Florida kept him from getting elected.

Al Gore and conserving energy do not belong in the same sentence.

But there appears to be a real solution on the horizon:

Neighborhood nuclear power plants coming in five years

Story here

Looks like someone is onto a real solution.

By the way this will go against your little fantasy about Republican voter suppression but the real voter suppression came from the media when they called Florida for Gore before the polls closed in the Florida panhandle. Democratic strategist Bob Beckel concluded Bush suffered a net loss of up to 8,000 votes in the panhandle after Florida was called early for Gore.

Story Link here

Now I wonder why the media never reports on that?

By the way this will go against your little fantasy about Republican voter suppression but the real voter suppression came from the media when they called Florida for Gore before the polls closed in the Florida panhandle. Democratic strategist Bob Beckel concluded Bush suffered a net loss of up to 8,000 votes in the panhandle after Florida was called early for Gore.

Story Link here

Now I wonder why the media never reports on that?

Because no one's vote was taken away from them, so it wasn't voter suppression.

Time will tell but it sounds a lot more realistic than anything else I've read about.

I like T. Boone's plan.

Switch 18 wheel trucks and public vehicles to natural gas.

Build wind farms and electric cars.

Screw the Arabs.

I like T. Boone's plan.

Switch 18 wheel trucks and public vehicles to natural gas.

Build wind farms and electric cars.

Screw the Arabs.

Just read today that T. Boone is having trouble getting the financing done.

I agree with you on "screw the Arabs". I say use every resource we have including off shore drilling until we come with a better solution.

Just read today that T. Boone is having trouble getting the financing done.

I agree with you on "screw the Arabs". I say use every resource we have including off shore drilling until we come with a better solution.

We have plenty of natural gas, coal, and wind power.

We just need to harnass it.

We also waste a huge amount of energy.

more tax cuts for middle class = more consumers = more business for small business.

it has been proven under bill clinton already.

We have plenty of natural gas, coal, and wind power.

We just need to harnass it.

We also waste a huge amount of energy.
And sun power out the kazoo in our middle country and desserts...and Florida! Every home should be retrofitted with solar electric or the minimum of solar water....and have a recharge plug for their electric car...this would be a great stimulus with rebates as well and cause this industry to manufacture more of the solar panes and parts for such, and the people installing such and the accountants to oversee the businesses and receptionsists answering the phones and the managers to oversee the sales staff and stores to show your product in and so on and so forth!!!!

On a Side Bar...
And speaking of finite resources, WATER....it is sickening the way we use purified drinking water to flush near every toilet in America! Why the hell do we use drinking water for THAT? What a waste!

Someone needs to invent a cheap system that could be attached to your drains from the shower and sink to then go in to the tanks of the toilets so that this is what is used to flush them.

On another note, regarding water...a few years back my husband and I went to Bermuda on Vacation for a week.

We took a tour with a guide, walking through one of their bigger towns and he pointed out how all of the roofs were built in Bermuda to give each home their own water supply...that their cascading tiles on the Hip shaped roofs, with an interconnecting pipe system of drains, were specifically designed to capture the rain water and filter the dirt and sediment out of it, as it worked its way down to the retaining tank and final filtering system on the lower floor or in their basement.

It was amazing how simple a design, gave every home MORE than enough water for them individually without needing any kind of City/Municiple Works

I thought, why the heck isn't every new home in Florida or in California built in this manner?

Care

I have to commend you, pb, for your untiring effort to keep rich people from being part of the progressive tax system.

New Topics

Forum List

Back